Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2005   #201
CAbills
Rookie

It wasn't supposed to start off as smack talk. Unfortunately that is what it has become though.
CAbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005   #202
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAbills
It wasn't supposed to start off as smack talk. Unfortunately that is what it has become though.
haha your right, he did say mcgahee. I thought it said mcgee. maybe we should teach buffalo fans to write in full, complete, and proper sentences, then however. Periods never hurt either.

In all seriousness now, mcgahee's stiff arm isn't going to provide much help to him. Sure he will get his 85-100 yards, but will probably need 25-30 rushes to do so. our defense is going to swarm the run. we are to fast, and have a very good group of tacklers on the field. a lot of players that will make plays. not just wait for the plays to come to them
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005   #203
Evans Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
moulds can hardly punish anyone anymore, let alone an emerging elite cornerback in Dunta. how many TD's have we ever given up on ST??? i am thinking 1 maybe last year... can't really think of to many... a stiff arm would be famous in buffalo, you don't have much else to be proud about around there do you? it must be getting pretty bad down there, when a stiff arm is famous, and not just any stiff arm... a special teams stiff arm... people in buffalo must really love those special teams
Moulds faced better corners than drub and did pretty good 87 catches to show for it and if u say patrick Curtain suck you are a moron they considered Curtain one of the best so was Law and let's see McAllister moulds made amazing catches last year and will continue to do so against you guys
Evans Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005   #204
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

can i ask you something evans fan? who is brob?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005   #205
CAbills
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans Fan
Moulds faced better corners than drub and did pretty good 87 catches to show for it and if u say patrick Curtain suck you are a moron they considered Curtain one of the best so was Law and let's see McAllister moulds made amazing catches last year and will continue to do so against you guys
EASSSYY Evans dont hurt yourself. Its Dunta first of all and patrick SURTAIN.

Its worthless right now over to argue against two players who have never played against each other.

Now its easy for Bills fans to say Moulds is Surtains daddy because he has beaten him and put up great stats against him.

Dunta is a very good up and coming CB and if he keeps improving it looks like you guys will have an all pro on your defense for years to come. But he is only one man.. it will be fun to see the outcome of the game though.
Old 07-13-2005   #206
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Quote:

Its worthless right now over to argue against two players who have never played against each other.

Now its easy for Bills fans to say Moulds is Surtains daddy because he has beaten him and put up great stats against him.

Dunta is a very good up and coming CB and if he keeps improving it looks like you guys will have an all pro on your defense for years to come. But he is only one man.. it will be fun to see the outcome of the game though.
yes D-rob is only 1 man and so is Mcgahee....and sry if i spelt his name wrong.

Last edited by TopTexanFan16; 07-13-2005 at 10:25 PM.
TopTexanFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005   #207
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Quote:

thax its nice to see fans who can discuss other teams players without always talkin smack, at least one Bills fan realizes we have an up and coming elite CB
Old 07-14-2005   #208
CAbills
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16
yes D-rob is only 1 man and so is Mcgahee....and sry if i spelt his name wrong.
I would like to think a running back has more impact in the game than a corner back.
Old 07-14-2005   #209
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would like to think a running back has more impact in the game than a corner back.
guess you never met Drob then bro. so think all you want. the fact of the matter is running backs get all the fame while cornerbacks don't get the respect they deserve for shutting guys down. but yet this comes down to basic football. football is a team game, the ultimate team game in fact, and a RB is 1/11 of the offense just as a cb is 1/11 of the defense. so as far as i'm concerned, each position is just as important as the other.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #210
CAbills
Rookie

Last time I checked the cornerback doesn't touch the ball 20-30 times a game. Sure a shutdown corner is an important part of a defense but I think a running back has more of an impact in a game.

No I havent met Drob bro have you? How is he? I also disagree that cornerbacks dont get any "fame." Cornerback is easily one of the more recongized and "respected" positions on the defense.

Every position is of equal importance? As much as I would like this to be true it isn't. Your saying the QB position is just as important as a Strong Safety? or a Left guard? I disagree.

There is a reason why certain positions have higher average salaries, because of the importance and value they bring to the game.

Last edited by CAbills; 07-14-2005 at 04:11 AM.
Old 07-14-2005   #211
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Last time I checked the cornerback doesn't touch the ball 20-30 times a game. Sure a shutdown corner is an important part of a defense but I think a running back has more of an impact in a game.

There is a reason why certain positions have higher average salaries, because of the importance and value they bring to the game.
Well you basically just disproved yourself. CB's are paid much more than RB's nowadays. In fact, CB's now have the highest franchise tag of any position--this is an anomaly because of Winfield's signing bonus being paid as a roster bonus last year, but CB's have been #2 to QB's for a while. CB's $8.8 mil, QB's $8.1 mil, RB's $6.3 mil--others above RB's include DE's, WR's, and OLmen.
Old 07-14-2005   #212
CAbills
Rookie

You copied pasted two different answers to two different questions. I was trying to disprove the point that every person on the field is of equal value and importance.

True cornerbacks get paid more and rightfully so. How many good corners do you see in the league? Very few. A decent runningback is much easier to find than a great corner.

Still I can't seem to find a way justify that a good cornerback is more important or has more of an impact in a game than a good runningback.

There is no way to prove a point like this, so you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine.

Last edited by CAbills; 07-14-2005 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-14-2005   #213
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it is a widely held opinion that great corners impact the game as much as just about any position on the field. Try staying in games with poor cornerbacks. Can you say shoot outs?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #214
CAbills
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I think it is a widely held opinion that great corners impact the game as much as just about any position on the field. Try staying in games with poor cornerbacks. Can you say shoot outs?
True. Not having a runningback doesn't help either.

Look at Miami last year, I would say Patrick Surtain and Sam Madison are very good corners. Miami had absolutely no runningback last year. The two great corners did nothing to stop a 4-12 record.
Old 07-14-2005   #215
DreamCatcher
Rookie

Texans 24
Bills 20
Old 07-14-2005   #216
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
True. Not having a runningback doesn't help either.

Look at Miami last year, I would say Patrick Surtain and Sam Madison are very good corners. Miami had absolutely no runningback last year. The two great corners did nothing to stop a 4-12 record.
It is much easier to find a running back than a cornerback though. Look at the history of the NFL drafts and most of the better corners are picked in the first two rounds. You can find a back who can come in and do the job in just about any round.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #217
CAbills
Rookie

I am agreeing with you.
Old 07-14-2005   #218
Evans Fan
Rookie

you guys say dunta is an elite corneback when he reaches clements level then you can call him that but he has only been in the league ONE YEAR so don't call him an elite emering corner cause he isn't that until he has kept proving it like clements did for dour years
Evans Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #219
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans Fan
you guys say dunta is an elite corneback when he reaches clements level then you can call him that but he has only been in the league ONE YEAR so don't call him an elite emering corner cause he isn't that until he has kept proving it like clements did for dour years
Wouldn't the same rule apply to a RB who's only played one year? Perhaps a RB out of "Da U" who was picked up at the end of the 1st Round despite having suffered a major knee injury in a National Championship game. Wonder who I could be referring to...? How could that RB have a legendary move (let's say stiff arm) if he's only played for one year? What about a WR who's only played one season? Let's say the guy comes out of Wisconsin, and he's a talented player with speed. Perhaps these rules you speak of aren't being applied equally to both teams.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #220
mulpwr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
That Yikes! defense had the longest streak for not allowing a TD last year starting with denying the Colts for 3 quarters. Keep in mind the stats are a little deceptive as well since we played 6 games against the top 5 offenses in the league last year and just 2 against the bottom 5 offenses.
The AFC South had to face the most potent passing attacks last year.
Indy had to face NE,Tenn twice,Houston twice,Jax twice,GB,Minn,KC,SD,Denver...those are a bunch of good passing teams so maybe they weren't as bad as everyone thinks because their opponents had good passing offenses.

Houston faced 12 good passing attacks and the ones that weren't Cle,Chicago,NYJ,Detroit which the Jets and Lions had the potential. Thats why they allowed 32 TDs when you factor in only getting to the QB 24 times,last in the NFL.

Jax faced 12 good passing attacks while only Buffalo,Detroit,Pittsburgh and Chicago had mediocre passing attacks. Only allowed 18 passing TDs which is remarkable.

Tennessee you can say the same about since they had to face 12 good passing attacks and thats why they allowed 29 passing TDs.

Its what type of offensive team your defense faces.Going against Manning and Culpepper, carving up defenses last year,were two of the hottest TD throwing QBs in a long time.

This year it will be a little easier facing the AFC North and NFC West even though the Rams will be a tough passing offense to defend.
mulpwr is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read