Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2005   #181
Algebrat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC33
Exactly, completely two different organizations.
Different organization or not...I still felt a sour twitch in my stomach read I read that reminder.
Algebrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005   #182
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Here is my assessment of the game.

Houston offense:
QB: Carr He is becoming an experienced veteran. I would like to see him calling the plays himself a little more. I think he had a few "Delay of game" from the play not making it in to him. I can see 2 TD's and on 1 Int.
RB: DD needs solid blocking of course to make a dent in the Buffalo defense. Pat Williams moving to the Vikes will help in this part of his game. He will have to make those catches out of the backfield when they are running 2 and 3 deep coverage. I would assume Takeo is going to be following him around alot though so he better get his recieveing yards while already downfield. Spikes will close fast on him.

WR's: AJ can dominate a secondary's attention and still make the catch. Gaffney should do well in the slot. I think the WR's that will give the Bills secondary the biggest issue for matchups are Bradford and Jerome Mathis IMHO moreso Mathis. I am curious. Who would cover him?

TE: We have one-dimension TE's. When either Miller or Bruener is in the game the defense is able to cheat a little to the run or the pass.

OL: The OL has still not been completely settled after 3 years. I would have hoped that by year 4 there would have been a solid OL, but we are still developing a couple of positions. I think they will be able to keep Carr off his back if the 3 and 5 step passes work.

DL: We have pro-bowl DT's in Wlaker and Payne coupled with a solid DT in Smith. Add in our experienced depth and 1st round pick and I think we are going to be fine on the DL.

LB's: We have Babin returning with a year of experience. I hope he has bulked up a little to match Peek. Babin can keep up with the best RB's. Ask LT Peek should be a monster at disturbing the peace in the backfield. Wong will have to be the glue here. He will have to be the leader of the LB's and the defense to some degree. Our new LB from the Dolphins, Morlon Greenwood, should help patrol the middle to stop up McGahee.

DB's: Buchanon will have his hands full with Moulds, but having a guy like Coleman up top should help him quite a bit. Robinson should be able to cover Evans straight up most of the time. Faggins will shift to RCB and Drob will play NB in 3-WR sets. I would expect the Texans to go to cover-2 when Faggins is playing on the outside.

STs: The Texans are paying special attention to ST's. We have yet to have a KO or a punt return for a TD (I think ?) I sure hope Pbuc and Mathis can break the trend.

I know it is one-sided, because the Texans are my team and thats who I follow. Feel free to pick apart the logic. Texans 31 Buf 21
Old 07-12-2005   #183
HaTeItOrLoVeIt

i personally think it's hilarious to read all these posts saying how the Bills are going to win big and they have all these high scoring predictions...mcgahee will be the only weapon for the Bills...Losman will disappoint...but mcgahee can only do so much. The Bills D will keep you in the game but Texans win...and no they won't score more than 17 in this game...any other predictions are just homerism at its best
Old 07-12-2005   #184
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rittenhouserobz
Here is my assessment of the game.

LB's: Peek should be a monster at disturbing the peace in the backfield.
This is going to be an interesting match-up. Peek in for the 1st time as 1st stringer (yes he started a few games his rookie year but that was due to injury) up against Mike Gandy, a 3rd round selection of the Bears who lost his starting gig there and will be appearing in his 1st regular season game for the Bills in place of Jonas Jennings.
Old 07-12-2005   #185
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans Fan
McGahee didn't play
who cares? you still had a very good running back in Travis Henry that was carrying the load, its not like you guys were being held down, because you didnt have a running back.
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005   #186
Evans Fan
Rookie

McGahee is better than Henry so if you couldn't stop henry how can u expect to to McGahee? Plus Lee Evans will give drob trouble because he had to face law, surtain as corners and that made him into a really good reciever
Evans Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005   #187
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:
McGahee is better than Henry so if you couldn't stop henry how can u expect to to McGahee? Plus Lee Evans will give drob trouble because he had to face law, surtain as corners and that made him into a really good reciever
mcgahee might be now, but then, henry was a very productive back, and the most willis can do is duplicate it... teams are on to mcgahee now, and will key on him, more than the pass, no one is scared of jp losman... lee evans won't give drob problems, if anything its the opposite. plus since when does facing tough receivers a few times a year make you an automatic better receiver.... and another thing, dunta wont even match up against evans, buchanon will... number 2 receiver vs number 2 cornerback
Sponsored links
Old 07-12-2005   #188
Evans Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
mcgahee might be now, but then, henry was a very productive back, and the most willis can do is duplicate it... teams are on to mcgahee now, and will key on him, more than the pass, no one is scared of jp losman... lee evans won't give drob problems, if anything its the opposite. plus since when does facing tough receivers a few times a year make you an automatic better receiver.... and another thing, dunta wont even match up against evans, buchanon will... number 2 receiver vs number 2 cornerback

then drob will be punished by moulds and evans should have no problem with p buch plus you guys will have to watch Mcgee on kickoff returns he's amazing ( 4 return Td's last year) and roscoe parrrish or Johnathn " fast freddie" smith will burn yu on punts . Look at last year Bills #1 special teams oh and another thing watch for the Mcgahee stiff arm IT"S FAMOUS in buffalo. Your defenders will be left on the field wondering what hit them like this plus this is for Vinny You remeber the comback what did that feel like when it happened i want to kno
Old 07-12-2005   #189
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh no the dreaded mcgahee stiff arm thats famous in Buffalo.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005   #190
Evans Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
Oh no the dreaded mcgahee stiff arm thats famous in Buffalo.

you'll see
Old 07-12-2005   #191
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

sure.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005   #192
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
You remeber the comback what did that feel like when it happened i want to kno
Do you remember it? That would make you say...2 at that time?

That's a pointless arguement on these boards. Like I said before, the Oilers now reside in Tennessee. They took the colors, the team, and their history to Nashville.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005   #193
Doug
All Pro

watch for the Mcgahee stiff arm IT"S FAMOUS in buffalo. Your defenders will be left on the field wondering what hit them

I'm just curious why his stiff arm is only famous in Buffalo.!?
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005   #194
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you'll see
yeah, and you'll see mcgahee get his a** knocked down by jason simmons or dunta robinson. please refer to the post "texans highlights clips".
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005   #195
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I am sure Chris Brown or I believe it was wheatly can tell what a hit our DB's can lay on a RB. YOu should not sound too confident until the second hlf of the game at least. So far we are 1-0 when facing AFC east opponents on the road in season-opener's.
Old 07-13-2005   #196
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans win, 24-10.

McGahee gets knocked out of the game by D-rob
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005   #197
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:
then drob will be punished by moulds and evans should have no problem with p buch plus you guys will have to watch Mcgee on kickoff returns he's amazing ( 4 return Td's last year) and roscoe parrrish or Johnathn " fast freddie" smith will burn yu on punts . Look at last year Bills #1 special teams oh and another thing watch for the Mcgahee stiff arm IT"S FAMOUS in buffalo. Your defenders will be left on the field wondering what hit them like this plus this is for Vinny You remeber the comback what did that feel like when it happened i want to kno
moulds can hardly punish anyone anymore, let alone an emerging elite cornerback in Dunta. how many TD's have we ever given up on ST??? i am thinking 1 maybe last year... can't really think of to many... a stiff arm would be famous in buffalo, you don't have much else to be proud about around there do you? it must be getting pretty bad down there, when a stiff arm is famous, and not just any stiff arm... a special teams stiff arm... people in buffalo must really love those special teams
Old 07-13-2005   #198
texan2061
Rookie

20-14 Houston
texan2061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005   #199
CAbills
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
it must be getting pretty bad down there, when a stiff arm is famous, and not just any stiff arm... a special teams stiff arm... people in buffalo must really love those special teams
Lets read it again...thats not what he said.

Reading comprehension, the lost art.
CAbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005   #200
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I love how every week we have some know it all fans from the other team come over and start the smack talk. Hello Bills fans.

It never fails.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read