Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-10-2014   #41
JRingo
Rookie

Rep Power: 1978 JRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brandon Harris: lost cause?

Showed a lot of promise to me especially in coverage. If he and Swearinger can get past boneheaded penalties then I am optimistic..
JRingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014   #42
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 3223 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
To further speculate, I bet Wade chose Gary's side as coaches like to stick together & don't need "the man" telling them who to play.
To speculate even further, I bet Rick didn't like Gary's wife because she didn't bake him those cookies he asked for.....
Old 06-10-2014   #43
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
To further speculate, I bet Wade chose Gary's side as coaches like to stick together & don't need "the man" telling them who to play.
I guess you missed the point of the prior post which was Kubiak wasn't dictating who played on D. Wade wouldn't have been siding with Kubiak, if Kubiak was involved at all it would have been Kubiak siding with Wade on a call like which DB plays (which is not a GM call at all). I wanted to see more of Harris as well but trying to lay him not playing more on Kubiak is foolishness. I'd look first at the DB coach and then at the DC. Whether Brandon Harris was on the field didn't even make Kubiak's Giveacrapometer.
Old 06-10-2014   #44
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I guess you missed the point of the prior post which was Kubiak wasn't dictating who played on D. Wade wouldn't have been siding with Kubiak, if Kubiak was involved at all it would have been Kubiak siding with Wade on a call like which DB plays (which is not a GM call at all). I wanted to see more of Harris as well but trying to lay him not playing more on Kubiak is foolishness. I'd look first at the DB coach and then at the DC. Whether Brandon Harris was on the field didn't even make Kubiak's Giveacrapometer.
Agreed in this case.

But to some on this MB are apologists for the Smithiak era. They are Teflon nothing sticks to them. Yet the Texans finished 2-14 last yr.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014   #45
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree with everything you wrote. That being said, one of my frustrations with Kubiak was the fact that he compartmentalized offense and defense... What excites me about O'Brien is that he has a much more holistic view of the football team... Collaboration is vital, I think, for an organization to be great. I think it is important that offensive and defensive coaches critique one another. How can a head coach not facilitate discussions like: "as an offensive coordinator, what things on defense give you the most trouble in this situation... what about our defense would you attack as an O.C?, etc..."

After all, shouldn't defensive coaches have valuable input for the offense (and vice-versa) since it is there responsibility to game plan and attack them each week?
Old 06-10-2014   #46
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I agree with everything you wrote. That being said, one of my frustrations with Kubiak was the fact that he compartmentalized offense and defense... What excites me about O'Brien is that he has a much more holistic view of the football team... Collaboration is vital, I think, for an organization to be great. I think it is important that offensive and defensive coaches critique one another. How can a head coach not facilitate discussions like: "as an offensive coordinator, what things on defense give you the most trouble in this situation... what about our defense would you attack as an O.C?, etc..."

After all, shouldn't defensive coaches have valuable input for the offense (and vice-versa) since it is there responsibility to game plan and attack them each week?
When did you realize this?

Certainly not last yr when you made bets on the Texans lengthy playoff runs. (That you did not pay)
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
You can speculate, I can speculate. The difference is I'm not a bully about it.
Old 06-11-2014   #48
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You can speculate, I can speculate. The difference is I'm not a bully about it.
Your martyr schtick is tired.

The difference is logic and the available information point toward my speculation, not yours.
Old 06-11-2014   #49
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Speculation is stupid.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014   #50
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
Speculation is stupid.
That's what I think your mother would say.

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014   #51
pappy
Veteran

Rep Power: 3248 pappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Speculation is stupid.
My speculation is that the last group of coaches were strait up man cover , this group are going to be zone coverage . It will mean the talent needs are different so this can be a scheme that suits Harris better than did the last group .
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014   #52
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy View Post
My speculation is that the last group of coaches were strait up man cover , this group are going to be zone coverage . It will mean the talent needs are different so this can be a scheme that suits Harris better than did the last group .
I reckon it might be your reckoning is dead on, Marshall Dillon. Least, I'll a be a hopin' so.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Your martyr schtick is tired.
How many times have you been accused of being a bully now?

Quote:
The difference is logic and the available information point toward my speculation, not yours.
Not really.
Old 06-12-2014   #54
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Speculation is stupid.
You're speculating!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read