Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-12-2013   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Defensive backfield eval

ESPN.comís resident scout, Matt Williamson, ranks the AFC South position-by-position. Texans are first. Some snippets:

ďReed's best days are long behind him, but I love the addition to the Texans for one huge reason: He is a winner from a great organization and what he brings behind the scenes could pay off HUGE. The Texans really are not that far from being an expansion team and most of their best players are all home grown players-that have never won the big one. Reed, a future Hall of Famer coming off a SB win brings instant credibility to the locker room and even if he doesn't play at a real high level, is a great addition-and something Houston should have done long ago.Ē

As for meÖ (Paul Kuharskey)

"Jackson really blossomed last season when Joseph dealt with a bunch of injuries. If a healthy Joseph returns to form, they could be one of the best cornerback duos in the league. Iíve written about Reedís swagger and like Williamson, I expect heíll have a great effect even if he isnít always playing or isnít playing quite up to his standards."
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...efensive-backs
Old 07-12-2013   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defensive backfield eval

You're Paul Kuharskey?

Seriously, though, use the quote button.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the quote button too.

As for the article.....

Quote:
Reed, a future Hall of Famer coming off a SB win brings instant credibility to the locker room..............
I'm as happy as the next guy Reed will be in Houston although I look at his health at the moment with a suspicious eye, but "instant credibility to the locker room" spoken so open-endedly is way over the top, imo.
Old 07-12-2013   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
You're Paul Kuharskey?

Seriously, though, use the quote button.
Seriously dude if you read the article you would have known Kuharsky had interviewed another guy. First quote was his and second was Kuharsky's and why I identified who "ask for me" was. TBH I could care less if you read my posts or not.
Old 07-12-2013   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Seriously dude if you read the article you would have known Kuharsky had interviewed another guy. First quote was his and second was Kuharsky's and why I identified who "ask for me" was. TBH I could care less if you read my posts or not.
The problem was there was NO QUOTE.
Old 07-12-2013   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I went back and looked at the original post.

Here's the problem, when I'm reading your post, I haven't read the article, yet. Based on what you write, people decide whether or not to read the article.

You did a copy and paste and that's where it gets confusing. What you copied and pasted had quotes but because it wasn't embedded in a quote, part of it that was a quote shows up as though you were saying it. And then it gets confusing about what's you and what's from the article.

And TBH, I couldn't care less if I read your posts or not.
Old 07-12-2013   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
The problem was there was NO QUOTE.
What are you talking about? In the OP I said Williamson gave evaluations and offered snippet in quotes. I then added a quote from Kuharsky and made sure I gave credit so it would NOT look like my quote. You are really reaching here.
Old 07-12-2013   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
What are you talking about? In the OP I said Williamson gave evaluations and offered snippet in quotes. I then added a quote from Kuharsky and made sure I gave credit so it would NOT look like my quote. You are really reaching here.
"As for me... (Paul Kuharskey)" That's a direct quote from the piece but because it's not in quotes, it looks like you're saying YOU'RE Paul Kuharskey.

Just put the whole thing in a [ quote ][ /quote ], what's the big deal?
Old 07-13-2013   #9
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And TBH, I couldn't care less if I read your posts or not.
Raise your hand if you had to look up "TBH".
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jppaul View Post
Raise your hand if you had to look up "TBH".
Yep

And PN's post was condescending at best and rude at worst. TBH
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Wow some people get hurt easily. Are you mad if someone comes up and tells you your blinker is on too?
Old 07-13-2013   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Wow some people get hurt easily. Are you mad if someone comes up and tells you your blinker is on too?
Whatever, I've got no horse in the game.

Just call them like I see them, some people dont like that and get their panties in a wad.

Back on topic, if the DB's get healthy/stay healthy the Texans should have a top 5 in the NFL DB group. Of course if Schaub's foot doesn't hold up all of this probably wont matter.
Old 07-13-2013   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Yep

It wasn't meant to be condescending, it was meant to point out a breach of MB etiquette. Cak has been asking everyone to use the quotes properly. If we're asking gary to use the quotes, then we should ask badboy to use the quotes especially when there was a post where it was confusing because he didn't. Like Cak said in another thread, everyone has been asked repeatedly to use the quotes.
Old 07-13-2013   #14
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It wasn't meant to be condescending, it was meant to point out a breach of MB etiquette. Cak has been asking everyone to use the quotes properly. If we're asking gary to use the quotes, then we should ask badboy to use the quotes especially when there was a post where it was confusing because he didn't. Like Cak said in another thread, everyone has been asked repeatedly to use the quotes.
Did not know this,

Hope you accept my apology
Old 07-13-2013   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I've been trying as well. It's not so much as MB etiquette, it's just confusing to me.

I see badboy's name, I start reading the post & I'm thinking, "Dude's on point, he knows his sht."

Then I realize it wasn't badboy's thoughts/opinion at all.

Other times, I'm reading iDexaN & I'm like,"WTF is he talking about" then I realize he quoted John McClain....

I can understand how it looks like such a "little" thing to some.... but when we're not looking at each other face to face as we try to converse, every little bit helps.
Old 07-14-2013   #16
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree that people should use the quote function, but I really don't understand how you can read a post that says, Matt Williamson analyzed X, here are some snippets, follow by a couple of paragraphs enclosed in quotation marks, and not realize you are reading a quoted piece rather than the poster's thoughts.

Regarding the OP, it's tough not to be excited about our DB's. It's easily the strongest unit on our team. I think the real wild cards there will be (1) McCain and (2) health.

If we can get 2011 McCain and everyone stays relatively healthy our pass D will be amazing.
Old 07-14-2013   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I agree that people should use the quote function, but I really don't understand how you can read a post that says, Matt Williamson analyzed X, here are some snippets, follow by a couple of paragraphs enclosed in quotation marks, and not realize you are reading a quoted piece rather than the poster's thoughts.
Look at it this way. Here are a few snippets:
Begin quote.

"Quote 1. This one is in quotations and is obviously someone else.

This is from me... (Paul Kuharskey)

"Quote 2. This one is in quotations and is obviously someone else."

End of quote.

The problem is that "This is from me... (Paul Kuharskey)" line. It's not within a quote so it looks like it's Badboy speaking. Paul Kuharskey used to post on this MB. Because of that, I had a few moments of... Badboy is Paul Kuharskey?

Where I've written "begin quote" and "end quote", if there had been [ quote ] and [ /quote ] written at those points, the whole thing would have obviously been a quote but without them, it's not.

Even then, if this had been the first time that Badboy had posted something without embedding the quoted material in quotes, that would have been fine, but it isn't. He does this a lot.
Old 07-14-2013   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

& it's easier than copying & pasting. Click the button, then paste.

Easy, Easy, easy.
Old 07-14-2013   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
"As for me... (Paul Kuharskey)" That's a direct quote from the piece but because it's not in quotes, it looks like you're saying YOU'RE Paul Kuharskey.

Just put the whole thing in a [ quote ][ /quote ], what's the big deal?
Why would I claim to be an ESPN writer? You really had trouble figuring that out? To quote you, "What's the big deal?"
Old 07-14-2013   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Why would I claim to be an ESPN writer? You really had trouble figuring that out? To quote you, "What's the big deal?"
That's just it, the way you copy and paste parts of articles frequently makes it look like you've written something you haven't written. This isn't the only time it has happened. You do it over and over and over. If you don't want to do it right (which would only take one extra select/click), fine by me. I was just trying to bring it to your attention.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read