Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2013   #541
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

SOTT: Texans To Watch: Minnesota Edition

Know Your Opponent with Mike Wobschall of Vikings.com

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Quote:
Texans rookies I'm excited 2 SEE at Minnesota: CB AJ Boye, OLB Willie Jefferson, RB Dennis Johnson, TE Ryan Griffin, OLB Justin Tuggle.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #542
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
He looked pretty good off the edge to me. I have not seen an OLB already on the roster show the burst off the edge that he or Jefferson showed in college. That's really ideal for a weakside pass rusher.

Not a necessity, but it's a huge plus.
Did he ever get around anyone? Maybe I need to go look at it again. The only time I remember him turning the corner, he got pancaked.
Old 08-08-2013   #543
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Did he ever get around anyone? Maybe I need to go look at it again. The only time I remember him turning the corner, he got pancaked.
I don't know which film you watched...So my comments weren't really directly about what you saw vs. what I saw...

I know that's how it looked, but I wasn't saying "you saw it wrong"...

The film of him I watched was against OU...I found it on youtube...On that film he definitely had some plus plays...

Which film did you watch?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #544
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The one AngryNateFTW posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
Here's a breakdown of Justin Tuggle vs. Miami

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rck2Xgo0mSk
Old 08-08-2013   #545
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know which film you watched...So my comments weren't really directly about what you saw vs. what I saw...

I know that's how it looked, but I wasn't saying "you saw it wrong"...

The film of him I watched was against OU...I found it on youtube...On that film he definitely had some plus plays...

Are y'all talking about Jefferson or Tuggle?
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #546
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8652 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

What's going on with Trevardo Williams? Is he injured? Why isn't he being mentioned as much as Jefferson and Tuggle? Are they just outplaying him?
Old 08-08-2013   #547
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
What's going on with Trevardo Williams? Is he injured? Why isn't he being mentioned as much as Jefferson and Tuggle? Are they just outplaying him?
Williams evidently has been a great disappointment to date.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-08-2013   #548
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Are y'all talking about Jefferson or Tuggle?
I'm talking about Tuggle
Old 08-08-2013   #549
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Justin Tuggle #47
6'3" 244 lbs.

Willie Jefferson #63
6'5"
250 lbs.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #550
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 18057 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Tuggle actually got a sack vs. Miami.
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #551
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

I was at camp yesterday and kicked it with wilcots and kirwan while they did the player interviews after practice. We talked about jefferson being a natural bender in his rush. For a guy 6'5, he can bend and explode off the corner. We also talked about more 3wr sets and more angle blocking. While they were interviewing meyers, the subject of angle and g-power came up. Before he answered, my buddy and I thought about brooks. Brooks on some of that angle or g-power is gonna be lethal.

I dunno how its gonna play out,but the texans will not be ablle to hide quissenbury nor jefferson on ps. In fact,both have outplayed their drafted counter parts in williams,williams,and montegomery. All in all, practice was boring. No hitting or collisions in 2.5 hrs. On a side note, schaub tried a 15 yd out and it looked like a hot air baloon was on it. Terrible,terrible throw.
Old 08-08-2013   #552
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
Tuggle actually got a sack vs. Miami.
The one I saw was more of a hustle play than a "beat the man in front of you" play.

& that's fine, I like hustle. But he doesn't look like a pass rusher, or at least he needs some work. So I wouldn't put him on the weak side. He doesn't have enough in the trunk to play on the strong side.

From what I saw on that Miami game tube, he'll make his money on the inside.
Old 08-08-2013   #553
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I dunno how its gonna play out,but the texans will not be ablle to hide quissenbury nor jefferson on ps. In fact,both have outplayed their drafted counter parts in williams,williams,and montegomery.
To be fair, the two third rounders were injured. That's one of the reasons I want to see Quiz with my own eyes.
Old 08-08-2013   #554
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116441 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.O.DuB View Post
Sorry to be THAT guy but..
Quessenberry was drafted in the 6th round.
And?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #555
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was at camp yesterday and kicked it with wilcots and kirwan while they did the player interviews after practice. We talked about jefferson being a natural bender in his rush. For a guy 6'5, he can bend and explode off the corner. We also talked about more 3wr sets and more angle blocking. While they were interviewing meyers, the subject of angle and g-power came up. Before he answered, my buddy and I thought about brooks. Brooks on some of that angle or g-power is gonna be lethal.

I dunno how its gonna play out,but the texans will not be ablle to hide quissenbury nor jefferson on ps. In fact,both have outplayed their drafted counter parts in williams,williams,and montegomery. All in all, practice was boring. No hitting or collisions in 2.5 hrs. On a side note, schaub tried a 15 yd out and it looked like a hot air baloon was on it. Terrible,terrible throw.
Montgomery will probably be placed on IR. (Stashed)

Williams will be cut because of the reasons you stated. (The other guys are better) You dont always hit on all of your draft picks. (It happens) Unlike Casserly regime I hope Rick/Gary just keep the best players and dont let their egos get involved.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #556
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 18057 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The one I saw was more of a hustle play than a "beat the man in front of you" play.

& that's fine, I like hustle. But he doesn't look like a pass rusher, or at least he needs some work. So I wouldn't put him on the weak side. He doesn't have enough in the trunk to play on the strong side.

From what I saw on that Miami game tube, he'll make his money on the inside.
I saw the same thing. Doesn't look like a pure pass-rusher but maybe 1 game doesn't do him justice. We'll see tomorrow what the coaches see in him since he's starting.
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #557
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

Williams will be cut because of the reasons you stated. (The other guys are better) You dont always hit on all of your draft picks. (It happens) Unlike Casserly regime I hope Rick/Gary just keep the best players and dont let their egos get involved.
I think it's going to be tough to predict the roster this year.
Who knows, somebody that we think is shoed in may not make it.
They may cut Sharpton or Mays for all we know.
Or maybe they will cut Schaub, hahaha!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #558
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

Which Williams are you referring to, Trevardo or Brennan? I'm thinking Brennan will be an IR stash, and that Trevardo will make the roster as depth and special teams.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #559
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I think it's going to be tough to predict the roster this year.
Who knows, somebody that we think is shoed in may not make it.
They may cut Sharpton or Mays for all we know.
Or maybe they will cut Schaub, hahaha!
I highly doubt mays get cut. It looks like he'll probably start as that thumper next to cushing. I think if they press for roster spots, keenam goes to ps. I highly doubt anyone will pick him up. I also think with jefferson camp, braman might be in trouble. If they keep 9 lbs like most 3-4 teams, someone is gonna get cut between braman and sharpton or maybe both.
Old 08-09-2013   #560
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 43499 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I highly doubt mays get cut. It looks like he'll probably start as that thumper next to cushing. I think if they press for roster spots, keenam goes to ps. I highly doubt anyone will pick him up. I also think with jefferson camp, braman might be in trouble. If they keep 9 lbs like most 3-4 teams, someone is gonna get cut between braman and sharpton or maybe both.
In that case, Sharpton goes, Braman is too big a beast on ST to be cut IMO.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read