Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-30-2005   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Another What IF scenario (playoff style)

Say we do make it to the playoffs what would you say would make a good playoff appearance/season by the Texans and which do you think is more realistic.

Merely just making the playoffs and making it a good game even though we lose the first game?

Making the playoffs and getting blown out in the first game?

Winning the wild card game and then losing in the first round by alot?

Winning the wild card game by alot and then losing by alot in the first round?

Etc....

Basically what would you be happy with?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005   #2
tiger06
Veteran

Just making the playoffs this year would make me happy
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005   #3
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well....winning every wild card game by drastic numbers then going to the SB and shutting out the other team is what I think will happen. Anything else and this season is a bust...j/j. No, seriously though, just making it to the playoffs this year and putting up a good performance..even a loss in a close game to a legitimate opponent would be sufficient enough for me. That would be a nice "leap" from last year...don't know if it is possible yet but I would be cool.
Old 06-30-2005   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I sit down to watch every single Texans game with the idea in my head that they're going to win so what can I say. I want to win them all. I understand we won't win them all but I'm happy to see progress. I think we're going to the playoffs this year so of course I want to see them win. If they don't I'll still be proud of them so long as they do anything but lay an egg.
Old 06-30-2005   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be happy with going to the playoffs also but winning the first game is something I really want to see because I am an ex-Oiler fan and I don't want to repeat that kind of playoff history and I want our team to be a winning playoff team
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005   #6
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Just making the Playoffs is fine with me.

BUT...what if the Texans go 10-6 and don't get in? It could happen.
Would you be cool with it?
Old 06-30-2005   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Just making it to the playoffs and playing well enough to look like we deserved to be there.. that would be fine with me.

I would be EXTREMELY happy if we just made the playoffs.. but if we made the playoffs and got totally blown out of the water, it would taint it a little bit and we would still have to deal with *****s coming in here and screaming "OMG WE SUCK! WE CANT HANG WITH GOOD TEAMS!1!!!1!!11!!one!1"
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-30-2005   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

oh.. and id be cool with going 10-6 and not getting in too
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005   #9
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
oh.. and id be cool with going 10-6 and not getting in too
I would too...unless we tanked @ the end and went 0-3 to finish the season or something like that.
Old 06-30-2005   #10
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

I'm game for a winning season, in the 10 win range of */- a game. If that results in playoffs, that's just icing.

Now, if we DO make it the playoffs... then the season starts all over and it' a given we'll go all the way </homer>
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005   #11
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

I could see a 10-6 season happening and NOT making the playoffs. I would love for that to happen. Like it was said...only way I'd be mad about that is if we were 10-3 going into week 15 and blew 3 straight games and missed the playoffs.

Another thing I could see happening is us getting the playoffs and getting cold feet, resulting in a 21+ point beatdown. :brickwall
Old 06-30-2005   #12
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

This would be a good season if we finished over .500, atleast 9-7, and making it to the playoffs. It is time to make a push for the playoffs and I feel the Texans have a team capable of making the playoffs so I would disappointed with anything short of the playoffs. If we make the playoffs, I don't care if we get blown out in the first game, I would consider this season a huge success, but I definately hoping we could make it deep into the playoffs.
Old 06-30-2005   #13
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

I can't put lose and successful in the same sentence, especially in the playoffs. If you get there, you gotta win.
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005   #14
buckaroo_banzai
Rookie

Rep Power: 157 buckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respected

i just hope for improvement in the win column. if they do that, progressing to the playoffs is a real possibility!
buckaroo_banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005   #15
Doom Capers
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Get your mind set on a Superbowl win.
Every year...........

I agree
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005   #16
rafterticket
Veteran

Default Playoffs would be great...

Sorry to use that team north of here as a reference, but when Jimmy Johnson was in his third year of the rebuild, they got blown away by the Lions in the first round, 38-6 if I remember correctly. I was thinking "man, they've got a long way to go, still". Then they won the Super Bowl the next year.

Going to the playoffs is just another sign they are doing the things they set out to do. I think Dom C said this was the year for the playoff run. I love this team and think they are building a franchise worthy of our respect.
rafterticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005   #17
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

I'd be happy with 8-8 or 9-7

I'd be VERY happy with 10-6, 11-5

I'd be running through the streets naked happy with 12-4, 13-3

i'd be you dont even wanna know happy with anything better than ^
HardKnockTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005   #18
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
i'd be you dont even wanna know happy with anything better than ^
I'm glad you didn't let us know that one.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005   #19
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I love this team but dislike the coaching staff. We are going nowhere with Capers/Palmer/Fangio. :brickwall
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read