Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-09-2013   #41
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 249738 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kaepernick defiant about Dolphins hat

Whew!

I thought we might lose the season over this.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013   #42
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
If they doubt his loyalty then always the option to just cut him. That's loyalty right there.

It's the offseason. He was neither representing the organization nor at a team function.

As long as come gameday, he knows what team he's on I could give a rats a$$ what he's wearing in the offseason.
You bring up a great point. Folks like to ramble on about loyalty, but most teams are not that loyal to players when the rubber meets the road. Loyalty extends as far as "what can you do for me now", but where were those teams for these NFL legends?...

Joe Montana

Emmitt Smith

Earl Campbell

Brett Favre

I understand why some people are up in arms because its not the team he plays for right now. And, while I agree it is probably not the wisest choice as a 'consumer brand', if I had to really search my heart and soul for my feelings on it....I could not care less.

Seriously, in the big picture of "shit wrong in the world", this story is just not on the list. JMO
Old 07-09-2013   #43
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
yea but biggest difference between you and Colin Kapernick, aside from the obvious....

YOU are replaceable if you did something like that at your job, Kapernick isn't and he knows it....

so you are basically comparing apples to lemons...
Let me put it to you this way. Now, this has become a 49ers problem. Now, Harbaugh will have this on HIS plate. Its another stupid question from the media he will have to deal with. This isnt about who is replaceable or not, its about being a PROFESSIONAL. This guy is following in the footsteps of Montana and Young. Again, its not a huge deal... But it is a learning experience for him and was stupid of him in the first place.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013   #44
Beer and Metal
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20683 Beer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respected

The nerve of him! That would be like a rock star wearing another band's shirt!
Seriously, he's at a beach (Miami?), just having fun on his personal time. He might've just picked one up to keep the sun out of his eyes.
I'm betting there weren't many niners hats available.
Old 07-09-2013   #45
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
he isnt an executive so and further how many 25 year olds are in an exec role?
Doesn't matter. He's a highly paid face of the organization, and he needs to live up to those standards.
Old 07-09-2013   #46
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64465 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

BFD! I swear people will just try and make something out of nothing.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013   #47
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
BFD! I swear people will just try and make something out of nothing.
Exactly. If I am the 49ers, I sit with him, tell him he can wear what ever college team, MLB, NBA, NHL, WNBA, hat he wants, just keep the NFL gear to the 49ers...

Done, end of story...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-09-2013   #48
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Doesn't matter. He's a highly paid face of the organization, and he needs to live up to those standards.

dont compare non execs to execs then

he may be the face but only up until they say he is, he certainly didnt choose that role with the team
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013   #49
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 106609 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
dont compare non execs to execs then

he may be the face but only up until they say he is, he certainly didnt choose that role with the team
To follow up on this thought, he should always long sleeve shirts too. If he's the face and an "executive" those tattoos are very unprofessional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013   #50
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I understand why some people are up in arms because its not the team he plays for right now. And, while I agree it is probably not the wisest choice as a 'consumer brand', if I had to really search my heart and soul for my feelings on it....I could not care less.

Seriously, in the big picture of "shit wrong in the world", this story is just not on the list. JMO
I think it's the beginning of the end.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read