Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-07-2013   #21
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116440 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Uh-huh, not the least interested in responding directly to the question.
Pretty much sums it up.
Now you see how stupid you sound to me. Point is made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013   #22
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kaepernick defiant about Dolphins hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Uh-huh, not the least interested in responding directly to the question.
Pretty much sums it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Now you see how stupid you sound to me. Point is made.

18 more days! Maybe the catfights will at least taper somewhat.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013   #23
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post

Nuh-uh!!!!

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013   #24
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just getting warmed up for the separated at birth 49ers week thread!
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013   #25
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116440 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post

Touche

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 07-08-2013   #26
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

If its not breaking rules, law or impacting the job he does for the 49ers it should be a nonevent
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That Harbaugh thing was about wearing the wrong crap in a teams locker room. That's disrespectful.

In this case, Kaepernick is hang'n in Miami (right?) or somewhere in Florida. I bet Harbaugh couldn't care less as long as he wears the right uniform when it counts.
I'm going to recant on this statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I can't fathom how this would not bother someone.

If Watt posts a pic in a Packers hat or Cushing in a Jets hats, I'm definitely not cool about it.

I understand that this is a business, but wearing another team's hate is pretty damn disrespectful to your team.
After thinking about it, nero THE zero is right. Once these guys become the "face of the franchise" They're on the clock 24/7 and represent that franchise all the time. That doesn't mean that Kaepernick should wear 49ers colors all the time, but he can't be going around promoting another franchise.

What's worse, he's not just the face of the 49ers (I didn't say role model) he's the QB, the leader. If I'm on that team I may be wondering, "Is he in this for the long haul? What's he going to do when the going gets tough? Is he just in it for the money? Is he going to bolt the first chance he gets? Is he doing his best, or is he just doing his time?"

If he really liked those colors, he could have wore Hurricane colors.
Old 07-08-2013   #28
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If I'm on that team I may be wondering, "Is he in this for the long haul? What's he going to do when the going gets tough? Is he just in it for the money? Is he going to bolt the first chance he gets? Is he doing his best, or is he just doing his time?"

If he really liked those colors, he could have wore Hurricane colors.

What would wearing a hat have to do with the long haul, the going getting tough or the money? He like most are in it for the game and to make as much money as possible. Doing his time and doing it well will get him money, wearning or not wearing certain cloths will not nor is it likely to impact his quality of work
Old 07-08-2013   #29
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
If its not breaking rules, law or impacting the job he does for the 49ers it should be a nonevent
That must be why you see so many players doing it. Oops, no you don't because anyone with an IQ over 2 knows it is a stupid thing to do.
Old 07-08-2013   #30
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49149 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Jeff Fisher thinks it's a great idea.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
What would wearing a hat....
Have you seen the facebook pictures? It wasn't just the hat, his draws was Dolphin turquoise.

Cool

Not cool
Old 07-09-2013   #32
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What would wearing a hat have to do with the long haul, the going getting tough or the money? He like most are in it for the game and to make as much money as possible. Doing his time and doing it well will get him money, wearning or not wearing certain cloths will not nor is it likely to impact his quality of work
It shows no tact or maturity.

It'd be like an HP executive wearing a Dell polo around on a Sunday, or a Baker Hughes executive using a Schlumberger branded gym bad.

There's a sense of loyalty you need to have to the guys that are cutting your checks. The fact that Kap is a sports player that has fans only makes it more so.
Old 07-09-2013   #33
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
That must be why you see so many players doing it. Oops, no you don't because anyone with an IQ over 2 knows it is a stupid thing to do.

Im not sure if you struggle with the english language but I said it should be a nonevent. I dont care how many people currently do it nor do I care about the IQ of other people.
Old 07-09-2013   #34
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It shows no tact or maturity.

Certainly a lack of maturity and this is coming from someone in their mid 20s

Quote:
It'd be like an HP executive wearing a Dell polo around on a Sunday, or a Baker Hughes executive using a Schlumberger branded gym bad.

he isnt an executive so and further how many 25 year olds are in an exec role?

Quote:
There's a sense of loyalty you need to have to the guys that are cutting your checks. The fact that Kap is a sports player that has fans only makes it more so.

I just dont see him as being less loyal by wearing a hat. If the work he puts in goes down or he starts asking to be traded to Miami thats a different story.
Old 07-09-2013   #35
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep. Pretty stupid move. Not a huge deal or anything, just not very smart.

I am now off to go post a bunch of pics online of me wearing a competitive logo of the company that I currently work for. SMART.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013   #36
PapaL
Loose Screw

If they doubt his loyalty then always the option to just cut him. That's loyalty right there.

It's the offseason. He was neither representing the organization nor at a team function.

As long as come gameday, he knows what team he's on I could give a rats a$$ what he's wearing in the offseason.

Quote:
Old 07-09-2013   #37
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Have you seen the facebook pictures? It wasn't just the hat, his draws was Dolphin turquoise.

Cool

Not cool

Im not sure what draws are
Old 07-09-2013   #38
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Btw, pull your damn draws up!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013   #39
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's not agaisnt the rules for me to wear an HP polo to a company event. As I work for a "major competitor", it's not the brightest idea either. Unlike Kaepernick, I'm nowhere near a "face of the franchise", nor does my industry have legions of rabid fans watching what I do on vacation.

Quote:
he isnt an executive so and further how many 25 year olds are in an exec role? .
No he's a multi-million $$ star player for the team, far MORE recognizable than those in the 49'ers front office.
Old 07-09-2013   #40
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 59425 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Yep. Pretty stupid move. Not a huge deal or anything, just not very smart.

I am now off to go post a bunch of pics online of me wearing a competitive logo of the company that I currently work for. SMART.
yea but biggest difference between you and Colin Kapernick, aside from the obvious....

YOU are replaceable if you did something like that at your job, Kapernick isn't and he knows it....

so you are basically comparing apples to lemons...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read