Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-05-2013   #1
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kaepernick defiant about Dolphins hat

Quote:
On Friday, photos emerged of 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick wearing a Dolphins hat. It created a stir on a fairly slow news day, but nothing all that major.

And then Kaepernick decided to defiantly defend his decision to wear the hat, making a minor blip into a much bigger story.

“This the hat y’all mad at?” Kaeperick said on his Instagram account. “I’m goin wear what I want regardless of what you think, all you need to worry about is the fact that I grind for my teammates and the 49ers! I plan on doin this until they won’t let me in the building! #ridiculous#y’allmustbebored.”
Link

OK I think it is foolish when people get bent when an athlete wears gear from a different city in a different sport but c'mon Kaep you can't wear another NFL team's gear. You did it for attention and then you ran it up more with the defiant tweet. Not a good sign for his maturity level.
Old 07-06-2013   #2
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Who gives a crap? It's the offseason. These hard are a fashion statement and not a sign of affiliation. They're worn to match w something; an accessory. Those that don't like it should go suck a...lemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013   #3
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kaepernick defiant about Dolphins hat

Infantrycake is right here, his very defensive response to comments about his Dolphin attire is a sure sign of immaturity and not what you would want from the leader of your teams offense. And the Tats maybe are cool in the 'Hood, but with punk NE player and accused killer Hernandez now the poster boy for Tats it's not a good look. Trouble is these things are basically there for life I guess, you just don't wash them off and start anew the next morning.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Why do sites like instagram make it difficult to post pictures?
Quote:
This the hat y’all mad at? I’m goin wear what I want regardless of what you think, all you need to worry about is the fact that I grind for my teammates and the 49ers! I plan on doin this until they won’t let me in the building! #ridiculous#y’allmustbebored.
This is the thing I'm most interested in. How are these young guys going to handle this instant success? How are they going to react when all of a sudden they aren't winning? How much will they internalize & take the appropriate steps to correct the issue? How much will they attribute to those around them & separate themselves from the solution?

How many distractions can they deal with?
Old 07-06-2013   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Hatgate.

Let me guess. We're in the dead zone before training camp.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013   #6
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Infantrycake is right here, his very defensive response to comments about his Dolphin attire is a sure sign of immaturity and not what you would want from the leader of your teams offense. And the Tats maybe are cool in the 'Hood, but with punk NE player and accused killer Hernandez now the poster boy for Tats it's not a good look. Trouble is these things are basically there for life I guess, you just don't wash them off and start anew the next morning.
Your correlation between tattoos and a murder are ridiculous. This generation is about self expression and doing as you please. Neither a hat nor tattoos tell you anything about a persons character.

Ted Bundy - No tattoos, killed 30
Jeffrey Dahmer - No Tattoos, killed 17
John Wayne Gacy - No tattoos, killed 33

Using your logic, all white guys that don't have tattoos are serial killers?

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 07-06-2013   #7
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/D...ION-TASTE.aspx

Quote:
NFL BEAT: JIM HARBAUGH BERATES REPORTER OVER FASHION TASTE

Published November 3, 2000

Chargers QB Jim Harbaugh refused to answer questions on
Wednesday from San Diego Union-Tribune beat writer Jim
Trotter, who wore a 49ers sweatshirt to the team's practice
(ESPN.com, 11/2). Trotter wrote about the incident in
Thursday's Chargers notebook, but he did not name himself as
the reporter. Harbaugh said it was "pathetic" a reporter
would wear the logoed sweat shirt. Harbaugh: "I don't talk
to anybody in a San Francisco 49ers shirt. How could you
wear that out here? ... Seriously, man. How could you wear
that out here to a Chargers facility?" When Trotter said he
was not employed by the Chargers, Harbaugh said, "Well, I
don't answer any questions from anybody wearing the enemy's
jersey" (UNION-TRIBUNE, 11/2). Asked why he didn't use his
own name in his story, Trotter said, "The paper wanted
nothing but a transcript of what happened." Meanwhile,
Union-Tribune Sports Editor Chuck Scott told ESPN that "the
newspaper does not have a policy regarding sports logos on
the job, but he said reporters are expected to wear
professional attire" (ESPN.com, 11/2).

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-06-2013   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post

DexmanC has been trying to tell y'all that for years, but y'all won't take him seriously.

Now, now maybe you'll see the truth in which he speaks & learn.
Old 07-06-2013   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 218645 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Why do sites like instagram make it difficult to post pictures?
Trying to reduce the possibility of copyright infringement.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013   #10
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
DexmanC has been trying to tell y'all that for years, but y'all won't take him seriously.

Now, now maybe you'll see the truth in which he speaks & learn.
I'm Hispanic, we're all illegal. Even us from Puerto Rico...we just have a longer swim hahaha.

Quote:
Old 07-06-2013   #11
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Your correlation between tattoos and a murder are ridiculous. This generation is about self expression and doing as you please. Neither a hat nor tattoos tell you anything about a persons character.

Ted Bundy - No tattoos, killed 30
Jeffrey Dahmer - No Tattoos, killed 17
John Wayne Gacy - No tattoos, killed 33

Don't virtually all gang members wear Tats and have specific Tat(s) that identify their gang affiliation ?
Old 07-06-2013   #12
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally don't care but I do think he is showing his immaturity. His attitude is a slap in the face to the loyal and die hard San Francisco fans that help pay his salary. But whateva...
Old 07-06-2013   #13
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Don't virtually all gang members wear Tats and have specific Tat(s) that identify their gang affiliation ?
I have tattooed arms, wear fitted hats, and hold 2 government clearances. What's your point?

Aren't all serial killers white males, no tattoos, and seem normal enough?

Quote:
Old 07-06-2013   #14
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

If Kaepernick suffers a significant "sophomore slump," he may be handed the opportunity to match the rest of his uniform to his Dolphins hat.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013   #15
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have tattooed arms, wear fitted hats, and hold 2 government clearances. What's your point?

Not sure how this got onto tattoos but I will say while I have several the nature of the tattoos matters. A full sleeve dragon with a yin yang (which I intend to get one day) is one thing. A sleeve of gang crap is different and the government from police to military to security clearances will pay attention.

What the heck is a fitted hat? Do people walk around with hats that don't fit them?

Appears Jim Harbaugh may not approve (from PFT.com):

Quote:
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick thinks it’s no big deal that he likes to wear a Miami Dolphins hat. His coach may disagree.

When 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh was a player, he made it very clear that he didn’t like seeing anyone wearing an opposing team’s colors.

In fact, in 2000, when Harbaugh played for the Chargers, he got angry at Jim Trotter, then a San Diego Union-Tribune reporter, for showing up at Chargers practice wearing a 49ers sweatshirt. Harbaugh said it was “pathetic” that Trotter would wear such a shirt, and he refused to answer any of Trotter’s questions.
Old 07-06-2013   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Not sure how this got onto tattoos but I will say while I have several the nature of the tattoos matters. A full sleeve dragon with a yin yang (which I intend to get one day) is one thing. A sleeve of gang crap is different and the government from police to military to security clearances will pay attention.

What the heck is a fitted hat? Do people walk around with hats that don't fit them?

That Harbaugh thing was about wearing the wrong crap in a teams locker room. That's disrespectful.

In this case, Kaepernick is hang'n in Miami (right?) or somewhere in Florida. I bet Harbaugh couldn't care less as long as he wears the right uniform when it counts.

As an aside, it is odd that a football player would wear the colors of a different team.

Say..... the dragon sleeve, doesn't that make you Yakuza?

& a fitted cap is made to a particular size. It is not a one size fits all affair.
Old 07-06-2013   #17
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't fathom how this would not bother someone.

If Watt posts a pic in a Packers hat or Cushing in a Jets hats, I'm definitely not cool about it.

I understand that this is a business, but wearing another team's hate is pretty damn disrespectful to your team.
Old 07-06-2013   #18
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Uh-huh, not the least interested in responding directly to the question.
Pretty much sums it up.
Old 07-06-2013   #19
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

You've got several tattoos ? No shix ! I've never understood the mentality of
wearing Tats ? What's your story Infantrycak ?
Old 07-06-2013   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Maybe it was a disguise??

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read