Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-07-2013   #21
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31940 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Jones

Why do you guys want to put Jones at RG when that is the strong side? The reason they are pushing Brooks into that spot is because strength wise, Jones doesn't mesh because that is the strong side of the defense as well. That means bigger, stronger DT's which at this point Jones is not ready for as he lacks that upper strength for that spot. They aren't just putting Brooks in there for nothing after all. Jones could very well get stronger and develop for such demand but at this point you have someone as capable and stronger then you go with that.

As for Smith, you simply can not fix everything all at once. They tried that last year with the right side and the average per carry for Foster running left versus right had a good difference. So Smith may get one more season unless someone just plays out of their mind in camp/preseason. For now they probably just want the veteran presence though Smith is like a roller coaster in his play. I was rather surprised when he got selected to the probowl. Sure didn't earn my vote but I can see reason for keeping him at least one more year.

Even I rather we didn't, heh.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013   #22
Brett
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Brett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respected

All three of these.

http://www.battleredblog.com/2012/9/...texans-jaguars

http://www.battleredblog.com/2012/10...xans-vs-titans

http://www.battleredblog.com/2012/12...review-week-13
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014   #23
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

What's the weirdest thing you've ever seen Ben Jones do?
Quote:
"Oh, so you know about him being weird," [NFL draft prospect Aaron] Murray said, with a grin, then he pondered. "Oh God. His pregame rituals, he walks around the entire field with no shoes on. He doesn't care if it's cold, if it's raining, there could be mud out there."
"He'll eat anything," Murray continued. "If you dare him to eat like a cockroach or a random bug that's in the locker room, he'll pick it up and eat it."
"The Auburn game, I think it was my freshman year, he came up in the huddle and handed me three pieces of, like, dreads," Murray said. "He ripped off the middle linebacker's dreads from Auburn. He handed it to me, I'm like, 'What do you want me to do with these?' We're in the middle of the huddle, I'm trying to call plays, 'Aaron, I've got some dreads for you.'

"He stuck it in his pants. then he went home, he tied them to a ceiling fan so you have to pull the dreads to turn the fan on. So that's probably the most disgusting thing."
"Oh my God, he does; but he is very smart," Murray said. "He's a country boy from the middle of nowhere Alabama."
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014   #24
Troy Chapman
Veteran

Rep Power: 17471 Troy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a video out there, from last year or the year before that, in the Texans locker room of him eating a roach.
Troy Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014   #25
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216706 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Chapman View Post
There is a video out there, from last year or the year before that, in the Texans locker room of him eating a roach.

Yes there is. Things like that lead me to question if his 25th percentile Wonderlic gives the test any validity. Who with any sense would grab a cockroach off the floor and eat it? Cockroaches can spread approximately 33 kinds of bacteria, 6 kinds of parasitic worms and 7 other human pathogens. They pick up all kinds of germs on the spines of their legs. From bathroom floors, rodent nesting areas and sewage.......places where they walk through is unlimited. Germs that roaches eat from decaying matter or sewage have been shown to remain in or on them longer than on most objects. Itís unknown why germs can last longer on an affected roach than those exposed to natural elements. Just think about the journey that cockroach made before it was picked up by Jones.......and eaten. Evidently Jones made a quick haphazard decision..........makes me think that the
Wonderlic may possibly predict the ability to make quick decisions....but not necessarily smart ones.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014   #26
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Yes there is. Things like that lead me to question if his 25th percentile Wonderlic gives the test any validity. Who with any sense would grab a cockroach off the floor and eat it? Cockroaches can spread approximately 33 kinds of bacteria, 6 kinds of parasitic worms and 7 other human pathogens. They pick up all kinds of germs on the spines of their legs. From bathroom floors, rodent nesting areas and sewage.......places where they walk through is unlimited. Germs that roaches eat from decaying matter or sewage have been shown to remain in or on them longer than on most objects. Itís unknown why germs can last longer on an affected roach than those exposed to natural elements. Just think about the journey that cockroach made before it was picked up by Jones.......and eaten. Evidently Jones made a quick haphazard decision..........makes me think that the
Wonderlic may possibly predict the ability to make quick decisions....but not necessarily smart ones.
Thanks for ruining my dinner Doc!
Old 04-29-2014   #27
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes there is. Things like that lead me to question if his 25th percentile Wonderlic gives the test any validity. Who with any sense would grab a cockroach off the floor and eat it?

Cockroaches can spread approximately 33 kinds of bacteria, 6 kinds of parasitic worms and 7 other human pathogens.

They pick up all kinds of germs on the spines of their legs. From bathroom floors, rodent nesting areas and sewage.......places where they walk through is unlimited.

Germs that roaches eat from decaying matter or sewage have been shown to remain in or on them longer than on most objects. It’s unknown why germs can last longer on an affected roach than those exposed to natural elements.

Just think about the journey that cockroach made before it was picked up by Jones.......and eaten.

Evidently Jones made a quick haphazard decision..........makes me think that the Wonderlic may possibly predict the ability to make quick decisions....but not necessarily smart ones.
I can just hear the disgust in your voice...

MSR, Doc.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2014   #28
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Kind of puts the "fun" in dysfunctional!!
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014   #29
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

wish he were a better OG
Old 04-29-2014   #30
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
wish he were a better OG
Could be very close to Chris Myers we just don't know it because Myers is such an ironman

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014   #31
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes there is. Things like that lead me to question if his 25th percentile Wonderlic gives the test any validity. Who with any sense would grab a cockroach off the floor and eat it? Cockroaches can spread approximately 33 kinds of bacteria, 6 kinds of parasitic worms and 7 other human pathogens. They pick up all kinds of germs on the spines of their legs. From bathroom floors, rodent nesting areas and sewage.......places where they walk through is unlimited. Germs that roaches eat from decaying matter or sewage have been shown to remain in or on them longer than on most objects. It’s unknown why germs can last longer on an affected roach than those exposed to natural elements. Just think about the journey that cockroach made before it was picked up by Jones.......and eaten. Evidently Jones made a quick haphazard decision..........makes me think that the
Cockroaches are known to live and congregate in sewer lines and that's how most roaches enter living spaces is from the sewer. Now ain't that some siht?
Old 04-29-2014   #32
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Could be very close to Chris Myers we just don't know it because Myers is such an ironman
Exactly & why he was drafted but I think they hope he could do well at OG while he waited to move to center but...
Old 04-29-2014   #33
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're getting into my territory here.

Thanks for helping promote my business.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014   #34
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Yeah he's not hard to please when it comes to grub.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014   #35
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
wish he were a better OG
Bingo. All this odd behavior might make for an interesting story but it don't mean **** if he doesn't step up his game on the field.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014   #36
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Easy, Doc. I'm sure Jones picked the roach off the floor and brushed it off on his jersey prior to consumption.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014   #37
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 81301 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed. Since they are the same phylum as crawfish, he should have boiled and seasoned it first.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014   #38
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 49584 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Bingo. All this odd behavior might make for an interesting story but it don't mean **** if he doesn't step up his game on the field.
As stated before, though, Jones is a center, pure and simple and why he was drafted. I doubt Chris Myers does any better at guard, which attests to Jones' versatility to at least do an adequate job...which he has. Just not a starters job at a position that's not entirely natural to him.

Ben Jones was and is a coveted player because he can call defenses like he did at Georgia. I had a talk with Jones once and I'm almost tempted to make a bold prediction (maybe not so bold?) that Ben Jones will be a pro bowl center when Myers takes a hike (pun intended). That is, of course, if he doesn't die first from eating his own colon, or something nutty like that (pun also intended).
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014   #39
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Calm down man, this guy gets hit in the head for a living and did an "internship" of getting hit in the head at Georgia for a few years, and then various schools before that. I don't hear anybody mistaking him for a Harvard grad.
Old 05-01-2014   #40
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
As stated before, though, Jones is a center, pure and simple and why he was drafted. I doubt Chris Myers does any better at guard, which attests to Jones' versatility to at least do an adequate job...which he has. Just not a starters job at a position that's not entirely natural to him.

Ben Jones was and is a coveted player because he can call defenses like he did at Georgia. I had a talk with Jones once and I'm almost tempted to make a bold prediction (maybe not so bold?) that Ben Jones will be a pro bowl center when Myers takes a hike (pun intended). That is, of course, if he doesn't die first from eating his own colon, or something nutty like that (pun also intended).
Curious as to what he said that gave you any input as to his football skills? I agree he should be a good center and have called for him to replace Myers this season. I am still interested in seeing if Quess could remain a tackle and draft a LG.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read