Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-06-2013   #1
Coolhandsluke2
Rookie

Rep Power: 2150 Coolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL Writer does a Division-by-division All-Pro teams ranking

Maybe this should be in the NFL section, not sure since the AFC South is just about all Texans.

http://davedameshek.nfl.com/2013/07/..._blog_dameshek

Coolhandsluke2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013   #2
Coolhandsluke2
Rookie

Rep Power: 2150 Coolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Writer does a Division-by-division All-Pro teams ranking

Coolhandsluke2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013   #3
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Dont think it goes here but regardless i thought this part was funny and all to true.

Quote:
Likewise, one team’s roster does not make for a great divisional squad, and the AFC South is too dependent on the Texans’ best players.
Old 07-06-2013   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Why do they have Jj Watt as a DT & Antonio Smith as a 4-3 defensive end?
Old 07-06-2013   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Dont think it goes here but regardless i thought this part was funny and all to true.
I don't think I understand what he's saying.
Quote:
Number of players by team …
Colts: 6
Jaguars: 2
Texans: 11
Titans: 3
One man? He's got 11 Texans on that team. Defense also includes Antonio Smith, Brian Cushing, Jonathan Joseph, & Ed Reed.

I also do not agree with choosing Luck over Schaub. Schaub would give any team a better chance to win now than Luck. Schaub is hands down the better QB now (& I say this as a person who would rather replace Schaub) giving the AFC South the better chance to win. Luck has the upside & the higher ceiling, but if you want to win now, it's got to be Schaub.
Old 07-06-2013   #6
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't think I understand what he's saying.
One man? He's got 11 Texans on that team. Defense also includes Antonio Smith, Brian Cushing, Jonathan Joseph, & Ed Reed.

I also do not agree with choosing Luck over Schaub. Schaub would give any team a better chance to win now than Luck. Schaub is hands down the better QB now (& I say this as a person who would rather replace Schaub) giving the AFC South the better chance to win. Luck has the upside & the higher ceiling, but if you want to win now, it's got to be Schaub.
Basically what he is saying is that if u put an all division team together that our roster dominates.
Old 07-06-2013   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Basically what he is saying is that if u put an all division team together that our roster dominates.
Thanks. I didn't see that 'players' was plural. I thought he was saying that we were to dependent on Jj Watt, our best player.
Old 07-06-2013   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Santonio Holmes? Hello, Mark Sanchez.
--------------------
Pat Angerer makes it as an OLB ..... but he's an ILB. I'm not sure he even starts.

Paul Posluzny was awful last year. 5th worst ILB in the league. Big money contract does not equal top performance, writers.

Ed Reed, Owen Daniels, Wade Smith I'm not seeing as the best at their positions.

I'd put KJ over Vontae Davis.

I'm not giving *brain fart* position away to Kenny Britt.

Stopped there. Writer could do some homework.

Last edited by Playoffs; 07-06-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013   #9
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Ed Reed, Owen Daniels, Wade Smith I'm not seeing as the best at their positions.
You could make an argument for Reed.

Who are you putting in over Smith and Daniels?

Quote:
I'd put KJ over Vontae Davis.
This. And Manning over both Griffin and Reed.

Quote:
I'm not giving Steve Smith's position away to Kenny Britt.
Huh?

I'd go AJ, Wayne and Blackmon or Hilton.
Old 07-06-2013   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Who are you putting in over Smith and Daniels?
Donald Thomas/Dwayne Allen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Huh?

I'd go AJ, Wayne and Blackmon or Hilton.
Brain fart. I like those two.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013   #11
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Donald Thomas/Dwayne Allen.
Daniels (2012): 62 REC, 716 YDS, 6 TD
Allen (2012): 45 REC, 521 YDS, 3 TD

And, obviously, Daniels is more accomplished career-wise.

I don't see the case for Allen.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read