Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-29-2014   #641
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez to be Questioned

Hernandez Pleads Not Guilty

Quote:
Hernandez, already charged with killing another man last year, pleaded not guilty Wednesday to seven charges -- including two counts of first-degree murder -- in the July 2012 shooting that killed Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado. A third man was wounded.
Old 05-29-2014   #642
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 66263 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014   #643
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Thanks for sharing. Interesting.

From everything I've read, Hernandez was very close to his dad, and was a totally normal kid. Then, his dad died unexpectedly during a routine medical procedure, and Hernandez apparently never recovered from that.

I'm not a shrink, but, maybe he felt abanonded and that led to severe rage/anger issues. Teen boys need their dads.

(Not that any of this is an excuse for murder).
My father before suicide in 2005, locked me and my mother in a room put chains on the door poured gas in the house and lit it on fire my grandmother drove into the front of the house and saved us. He also shot at us, beat us then eventually committed suicide in 2005. He was only this way while he was drinking which he did alot when he wasnt drinking he was the best father a boy could ask for, this is why i rarely drink.

Point is that everyone has a sad story blah blah blah but nothing gives anyone the right to take someone elses life, nothing.
Old 05-29-2014   #644
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
Very well played Heath Shuler.

rep your way

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014   #645
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
My father before suicide in 2005, locked me and my mother in a room put chains on the door poured gas in the house and lit it on fire my grandmother drove into the front of the house and saved us. He also shot at us, beat us then eventually committed suicide in 2005. He was only this way while he was drinking which he did alot when he wasnt drinking he was the best father a boy could ask for, this is why i rarely drink.

Point is that everyone has a sad story blah blah blah but nothing gives anyone the right to take someone elses life, nothing.
Not everybody carries those types of visions of their childhood... has experienced those terrors at the hand of a parent. It was wrong you had to go through that. I'm sorry for your father's loss, as well.

Hernandez chose his lifestyle, and became increasingly irrationally, murderously paranoid. He'll get his.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014   #646
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I have heard so many stories like yours......but each one always unique in their own way. Thanks for sharing your personal story. There is no doubt that it took a great deal of effort to emerge as the responsible father and husband you have obviously become. I can hardly imagine how such a childhood history would have ultimately affected me as I went through life, although I would have never allowed myself to turn to murder under any circumstances. Again thanks for sharing.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014   #647
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Breaking my heart...

Aaron Hernandez apparently having trouble paying his mounting legal bills
Sponsored links
Old 05-31-2014   #648
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I would guess that, after all the new information that has come out, his attorneys no longer believe his case still has a chance for an OJ ending, with all the ultimate positive legal publicity they could gain, and no longer want to shove a fortune up a goat's ass.............i.e., Hernandez's ass. Besides, being in prison for so long, it should already be fully-occupied by other things.
Old 05-31-2014   #649
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets start up a free Hernandez foundation....

Before you all start bashing me that was a JOKE hence the cute little kitten
Old 05-31-2014   #650
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lets start up a free Hernandez foundation....

Before you all start bashing me that was a JOKE hence the cute little kitten
The Pouncey twins have beaten you to the punch:
Old 05-31-2014   #651
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Yeah but i dont think they are joking
Old 05-31-2014   #652
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
ChampionTexan beat me to the punch that your idea has already been beaten to the punch by the twin Pounceys.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014   #653
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Dismissal motion up next in Commonwealth v. Aaron Hernandez

Read more: http://masslawyersweekly.com/2014/06...#ixzz34de5xz3m
Old 06-14-2014   #654
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 2723 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I would guess that, after all the new information that has come out, his attorneys no longer believe his case still has a chance for an OJ ending, with all the ultimate positive legal publicity they could gain, and no longer want to shove a fortune up a goat's ass.............i.e., Hernandez's ass. Besides, being in prison for so long, it should already be fully-occupied by other things.
Someone might have tried. He was involved in a "prison incident"....it appears to have worked out poorly for the other party.
Old 06-16-2014   #655
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Judge sounds like she's going to throw out some seizures of electronic storage devices -- cellphones/iPads -- because the affidavit for the search warrant wasn't stapled to the warrant. SMH.
Old 06-18-2014   #656
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Hernandez D appears to be getting desperate.
Quote:
Full Court Press: Insanity defense? Aaron Hernandez lawyers want med records
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
By Bob McGovern

Aaron Hernandez’s legal team is bearing down on the New England Patriots in an attempt to gain access to a treasure trove of medical records that could play right into an insanity defense for the tattooed former tight end.

Michael Fee and James Sultan, the all-star defense duo for the disgraced former Pro Bowler in the Odin L. Lloyd murder case, want all records concerning Hernandez’s “psychological testing, medication records, X-rays, MRIs, CT scans (and) drug or alcohol abuse-related reports” while with the Patriots, according to yesterday’s filing. If the Pats cough the records up — or if a judge forces them to — Hernandez could carry that file all the way to a jury.

“They could be setting up a defense that perhaps he wasn’t in his right mind that night, either by a mental health issue that he had or some type of drug or alcohol he was under the influence of, or both,” said David Yannetti, a criminal defense attorney not involved in the case.

Hernandez, 24, faces an Oct. 6 trial in the murder of semi-pro football player Odin L. Lloyd of Dorchester a year ago yesterday in North Attleboro. He also faces other charges in a double murder in Boston. The medical file in the Lloyd case is fast becoming a major issue and the Patriots, so far, refuse to respond.

In Massachusetts, first-degree murder requires “deliberately premeditated malice aforethought.” If the Patriots’ records show that Hernandez was mentally impaired — either by drugs, concussions or something else — the charge of first-degree murder could be off the table.

“The only thing that makes sense to me is if there’s a possibility that he had a pre-existing mental condition that’s demonstrated through some of the Patriots’ background information,” said Tim Burke, a former Suffolk prosecutor not involved in the case.

It could also push the trial back. Should defense attorneys get their hands on some insanity-defense evidence, experts need to be called in.

If the prosecutors establish the events leading up to Lloyd’s death, however, “there’s so much out there that suggests that there was a premeditated act … it would essentially nullify any insanity defense,” Burke added.

The information on those files could also be used against prosecutors.

“Some of these records may be protected by 
HIPPA. If the Patriots released them without his authority to prosecutors, there may be a violation of the HIPPA laws regarding privacy,” Burke said of the medical privacy law. “Maybe they’re looking to see if prosecutors already have them, in which case there could be a violation.”

If it turns out prosecutors got their hands on the former NFL player’s records first, and didn’t get them by court-approved methods, the evidence could be kept away from jurors if defense attorneys ask.

It could also just be that Hernandez’s attorneys don’t want to be caught sleeping when prosecutors start laying out their case.

Part of being prepared means knowing your client, inside and out.
Old 06-18-2014   #657
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Old 06-19-2014   #658
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Judge sounds like she's going to throw out some seizures of electronic storage devices -- cellphones/iPads -- because the affidavit for the search warrant wasn't stapled to the warrant. SMH.
Argued this today. Judge is a b-i-t-c-h.

Feed was choppy, but I think we're between stapled vs. paper-clipped.
Old 06-20-2014   #659
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

New England Patriots added to wrongful death suit against Aaron Hernandez

Quote:
By Lorenzo Ferrigno, CNN

updated 10:50 PM EDT, Thu June 19, 2014

Watch "Downward Spiral: Inside the Case Against Aaron Hernandez" on Tuesday, June 24, at 9 p.m. ET on CNN.

New York (CNN) -- The families of two men who were fatally shot are suing the New England Patriots and its owners to prevent the football team from paying former player Aaron Hernandez, who has been charged in their slayings.

The NFL team and its owner's company, Kraft Enterprises, have been named as co-defendants in a $6 million civil wrongful death lawsuit along with Hernandez.

The attorney for the families is asking the court to prohibit the Patriots and its owners from paying Hernandez $3.25 million and other funds that may become due to Hernandez, who has pleaded not guilty to the murder charges.

The National Football League Players Association has filed a grievance on behalf of the former tight end after the team failed to pay him the multimillion-dollar sum, which was due in March, the lawsuit says.

The wrongful death lawsuit was originally filed in February on behalf of the families of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado, according to court papers.

The lawsuit alleges that the victims' families have sustained both fiscal and emotional damages.

Prosecutors say that in July 2012, Hernandez fatally shot de Abreu and Furtado in their car after de Abreu accidentally bumped into Hernandez and spilled his drink at a nightclub earlier in the evening.

"We are seeking to have the families who have been victimized by these deaths have some assets set aside that they may be somehow compensated," according to a written statement from William Kennedy, the families' attorney. "The two young men in our case both supported their mothers with their modest earnings. That support and emotional attachment has been lost forever.

"Our information is that Hernandez has received over $11M in compensation in the 3 years as a Patriot," Kennedy added. "Part of his funds and assets should be set aside for the victims of his crime. The victims should be compensated."

CNN has reached out to the Patriots and Kraft Enterprises but has not yet received a response.
Old 06-20-2014   #660
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Hernandez's next scheduled hearing in Fall River Superior Court is July 7, 3 p.m., for a compliance check on discovery materials and the filing of a pretrial conference report. The judge will probably issue her ruling on the suppression/dismissal motions by then.

The trial date for Hernandez in Fall River was "penciled in" for Oct. 6, but that is likely to change as the case proceeds forward with motions and counter-motions, and possibly appeals.

One interesting thing to note: the defense team hinted it may request a change of venue because of the intense pretrial publicity. As to where that new venue would be is up in the air, as it remains difficult to imagine any jurisdiction in Massachusetts, or pretty much almost all of New England east of New Haven for that matter, where the Hernandez case has not generated a lot of attention and news coverage.
link

You can run, but you can't hide.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read