Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Le'Veon Bell

Is this kid a star?

I watched him close out the Titans game a couple of weeks ago & he was impressive. Great vision, patience, burst, quickness... & enough power. Very well rounded RB.

I remember him having a couple of good games last year, but he's been pretty consistent in 2014... why? Is that the game slowing down for him? Did the Steelers upgrade their OL?

Or did you know last year? Was a good back on a bad team?

He's playing New Orleans this week. They've already given up 1300 yards this season. I'm going to try to watch that game (DVR).
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 114327 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Le'Veon Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Is this kid a star?

I watched him close out the Titans game a couple of weeks ago & he was impressive. Great vision, patience, burst, quickness... & enough power. Very well rounded RB.

I remember him having a couple of good games last year, but he's been pretty consistent in 2014... why? Is that the game slowing down for him? Did the Steelers upgrade their OL?

Or did you know last year? Was a good back on a bad team?

He's playing New Orleans this week. They've already given up 1300 yards this season. I'm going to try to watch that game (DVR).
He lost about 20 pounds during the off-season, and supposedly, that's turned him into a much better back. How much of him going from 3.5 ypc to 4.9 ypc can be attributed to that is up for discussion, but clearly his conditioning plays a part.

The one thing that may stand in the way of him truly being a star on a long-term basis is scoring TD's. This season, he's only scored four, and only two of them were rushing TD's. With Blount gone (and as an aside, I wonder if Pittsburgh's happy they provided another offensive weapon to the current AFC #1 seed), it will be interesting to see how they handle the goal line, but even Blount only had two rushing TD's at the time they let him go.

Throw in the fact that he's a pretty good receiver out of the backfield, and yeah, I'd say he's a star, and likely will stay that way for a while.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
He lost about 20 pounds during the off-season, and supposedly, that's turned him into a much better back. How much of him going from 3.5 ypc to 4.9 ypc can be attributed to that is up for discussion, but clearly his conditioning plays a part.

The one thing that may stand in the way of him truly being a star on a long-term basis is scoring TD's. This season, he's only scored four, and only two of them were rushing TD's. With Blount gone (and as an aside, I wonder if Pittsburgh's happy they provided another offensive weapon to the current AFC #1 seed), it will be interesting to see how they handle the goal line, but even Blount only had two rushing TD's at the time they let him go.

Throw in the fact that he's a pretty good receiver out of the backfield, and yeah, I'd say he's a star, and likely will stay that way for a while.
I wouldn't say TDs will hold him back from long-term star status - Andre Johnson is in the same situation where he dominates from the 20 to the 20 yet lacks TDs (through no fault of his own). But then again, long-term and running back don't necessarily go together nowadays. :x
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got Bell on my fantasy team and have been starting him every game all season and he hasn't disappointed me yet. He's got a very good combination of speed, power, and vision.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read