Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-17-2013   #141
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222730 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No Bags/Purses to Games

Wonder how the league would respond if fans simply lined their clear bags.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #142
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Clear is the new black.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #143
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
#1) Not going to go back and retrace every single conversation to try to limit it to what you think it was about. Being visible has clearly been an issue raised in this thread. Size and sight are related because the only hidden from view option is the small bag.

#2) Nobody, particularly women give a flying squirrel whether you mind having your feminine products on display.

#3) There was no hostility in my post. Who rubbed sand in your vagina?

#4) Now pull your tampon out and grow up.

It was your assumption that prompted my response. You failed to follow my point rather than me not following. Carrying fem products is something that nearly half the population does I'm not sure why anyone would care if anyone saw it. Take your valtrex before you leave the house so people don't see that in your purse, that I could understand
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #144
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I had decided to stay out of this discussion, BUT, it's football season and I AM a woman, so here's my opinion, for what it's worth!

I understand the ban, and support it completely! Here's why. We're talking about approx FOUR hours out of a game day that a person will be without all the STUFF they think they can't live without. That's not a very long time, and where there's a will there's a way. I can shove everything I need into my pockets, or into a clear bag. IF a baby needs more than a couple diapers, or one bottle of milk during that four hours then maybe that baby needs to be under a Doc's care or home with a babysitter, not at a football game!! Pads and tampons are EASY to hide, and again, if you need to use more that 2 during a four hr time frame then you might want to consider seeing a GYN! For old timers like me, I will take my meds BEFORE I go to the game or put them in one of those cute little containers they have for medications these days. You don't have to take the entire, huge bottle of pills to a game!! I just think fans are making more out of this than they need to.. All ya gotta do is plan for the time you're inside the stadium, not the entire time you are on the premises. Safety should always come first! JMO!
It is fake safety.

Look at the pictures of the stuffed plastic bag. They still have to inspect it.

The bag doesn't have a shoulder strap. Which would be all sorts of handy if you are dealing with kids or at a tailgate and want to use two hands.

And shoulder straps on clutches are tiny. My pockets are typically too small for stuff. And the plastic bag has no shoulder straps. One way I figure out what purse to get is whether somebody could easily snatch it if I was in a public place.

This policy makes me feel LESS SAFE. I either have bare minimum stuff with me in a clutch with a small shoulder strap or all my valuables on display in a plastic bag that is so rickety it will likely fall apart in a couple of games.

And it isn't just 4 hours.

When we were at the Ravens game, I packed my purse full of cold weather gear. We left our hotel super early in the morning. Walked over a mile to a bar, tailgate then stadium. In some sketchy parts of Baltimore without any security. Then we walked back to the hotel after the game.

In the fourth quarter when the sun went down, I was able to grab my extra cold weather gear. And that game wasn't even the coldest the league sees. Or rainy.

If I'm tailgating without my own car about, I have to hold my stuff with one hand because no shoulder strap. And hold a blanket? (I packed mine tight in my purse last time).

This is a stupid policy that makes exactly no one safer and makes me feel less safe with greater inconveniences. Security theater.

Hopefully it doesn't catch on. They never roll back stupid fake security measures.
Old 08-17-2013   #145
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 40249 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
It is fake safety.

This is a stupid policy that makes exactly no one safer and makes me feel less safe with greater inconveniences. Security theater.

Hopefully it doesn't catch on. They never roll back stupid fake security measures.
Repped for the entire post but just wanted to emphasize the bolded. Earlier this year they were going to allow us to take nail clipper and tiny knives on airplanes, but people complained of all the bloodshed to come and they cancel the common sense change. (Almost every else in the world you can carry these items on planes and they have no problems).

The real motives for the NFL's policy are: 1. Catch people trying to sneak in beverages or snacks, and 2. The NFL Security braintrust can say "Hey lookie! We done done some'in'!" Unfortunately next year they will want to done some'in' new.
Old 08-17-2013   #146
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222730 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
It is fake safety.

Look at the pictures of the stuffed plastic bag. They still have to inspect it.

The bag doesn't have a shoulder strap. Which would be all sorts of handy if you are dealing with kids or at a tailgate and want to use two hands.

And shoulder straps on clutches are tiny. My pockets are typically too small for stuff. And the plastic bag has no shoulder straps. One way I figure out what purse to get is whether somebody could easily snatch it if I was in a public place.

This policy makes me feel LESS SAFE. I either have bare minimum stuff with me in a clutch with a small shoulder strap or all my valuables on display in a plastic bag that is so rickety it will likely fall apart in a couple of games.

And it isn't just 4 hours.

When we were at the Ravens game, I packed my purse full of cold weather gear. We left our hotel super early in the morning. Walked over a mile to a bar, tailgate then stadium. In some sketchy parts of Baltimore without any security. Then we walked back to the hotel after the game.

In the fourth quarter when the sun went down, I was able to grab my extra cold weather gear. And that game wasn't even the coldest the league sees. Or rainy.

If I'm tailgating without my own car about, I have to hold my stuff with one hand because no shoulder strap. And hold a blanket? (I packed mine tight in my purse last time).

I agree with all you've said. But there are "official" NFL clear bags that have handles, strings and shoulder straps..........that will make your life so much easier. And you can use them to strangle visiting fans.........if you aren't already wearing a "waist weapon" (belt).

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #147
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 63539 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

It's about safety? The line I was in yesterday didn't even have anyone waving the wand on us. Walked right on in like it was the old days before all the stupid "security" bullshit.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2013   #148
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I agree with all you've said. But there are "official" NFL clear bags that have handles, strings and shoulder straps..........that will make your life so much easier. And you can use them to strangle visiting fans.........if you aren't already wearing a "waist weapon" (belt).

My problem with this is the profit the NFL is making on the items they are selling. Sell them at cost if their main goal is to simply provide better security, don't make a profit!!!

The NFL gets a lot of scope with the exception from the anti-trust laws that exist in the US. If the NFL continues to move broadcasting to paid channels, and continues to force more money out of us, then someone needs to repeal the act below..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_...ng_Act_of_1961

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013   #149
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88167 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
My problem with this is the profit the NFL is making on the items they are selling. Sell them at cost if their main goal is to simply provide better security, don't make a profit!!!

The NFL gets a lot of scope with the exception from the anti-trust laws that exist in the US. If the NFL continues to move broadcasting to paid channels, and continues to force more money out of us, then someone needs to repeal the act below..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_...ng_Act_of_1961
God'ell is screwing the fans over again. (Shocker)

I'm not a big govt guy, but it's time for them to look at the anti trust for not only the NFL but other industries as well.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013   #150
txchick1971
SassyRedneck

Rep Power: 16 txchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden cover

For the ladies...I found this purse at the central marken on harwin over the weekend for $25 bucks. Just sharing.

txchick1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #151
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I carried my binoculars in my clear man purse to the game Saturday. It was totally gay, my clear man purse will now stay at home.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read