Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-04-2014   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Fansided.com Tom Brady rumors to be traded to Bucs, Texans

Fansided.com recently issued an article saying that there have been rumors to a Texans/Patriots trade involving Brady and some picks? Anyone heard anything.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014   #2
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 127721 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fansided.com Tom Brady rumors to be traded to Bucs, Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Fansided.com recently issued an article saying that there have been rumors to a Texans/Patriots trade involving Brady and some picks? Anyone heard anything.
bahaha over 1 or 2 bad games ? I promise you Brady is not the reason the pats suck, and isn't he like 50 by now ?
Old 10-04-2014   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
...Anyone heard anything.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...lichick-drafts

http://www.boston.com/sports/columni...ed_to_lay.html

Don't see it for the Texans.
Old 10-04-2014   #4
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

http://fansided.com/2014/10/03/tom-b...ed-mid-season/

That was some fan written speculation piece with as much credibility as a message board post.

There is NO way that would happen during this season.

IF the Texans got him next offseason ala Peyton Manning I would be all for it as long as they wouldn't have to give up too much and also be in a position to draft the future guy. However that would be a dream scenario for the Texans and it's not going to happen.

As for the Bucs, Lovie Smith doesn't like good quarterbacks.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Can't think of a place that would be better for Brady in terms of weaponry among teams that need QBs. Arizona is pretty good, too.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014   #6
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 119055 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Brady's 37 years old, and has a contract that runs through the 2017 season. His contract's already guaranteed for injury, and if he's on the roster for the final game of 2014, it's fully guaranteed for all three remaining years.

For that reason alone, I could see the Pats willing to do it. While there may be a component (and admittedly a decent size component) of his surrounding talent that's responsible for it, both his completion percentages and passer ratings have dropped steadily since the 2010 season.

At a completely guaranteed salary for the next three seasons, this isn't a gamble I'd like to see them take.
Old 10-04-2014   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Brady's 37 years old, and has a contract that runs through the 2017 season. His contract's already guaranteed for injury, and if he's on the roster for the final game of 2014, it's fully guaranteed for all three remaining years.

For that reason alone, I could see the Pats willing to do it. While there may be a component (and admittedly a decent size component) of his surrounding talent that's responsible for it, both his completion percentages and passer ratings have dropped steadily since the 2010 season.

At a completely guaranteed salary for the next three seasons, this isn't a gamble I'd like to see them take.
Except for one HUGE detail - that contract is way below market value.
Old 10-04-2014   #8
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64147 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Exactly. Brady at the end of his career for the next three years is better than anyone we can sign or draft. I would do it in a heartbeat. Don't think the rumors are real, but i would do it.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014   #9
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Brady is done. Must draft the franchise QB, please no more Ahman Green/Ed Reed "lets hope he still has it" mercy contracts and signings.
Old 10-04-2014   #10
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 95414 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Exactly. Brady at the end of his career for the next three years is better than anyone we can sign or draft. I would do it in a heartbeat. Don't think the rumors are real, but i would do it.
A: There's a great deal on a Maserati!
B: But I can't afford a Maserati.
A: But it's a great deal. It only had one owner but is willing to sell it because the upkeep is getting to him. It hit 150 new.
B: But it isn't new and I can't afford it anyway.
A: But it's a great deal because it used to be fast!
B: But I can't afford it and it's not new.
A: It doesn't matter. It's a great deal.
New fan of #21 Kendrick Lewis and #94 Ryan Pickett. ps I just realized why, they TACKLE!

Luke 23:34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014   #11
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 119055 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It is if he's a franchise QB. That's the gamble your taking.
Old 10-04-2014   #12
Tearstain
Rookie

Section: I wish :(
Rep Power: 5598 Tearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respected

Could you imagine what Ryan Mallett would think/say if Brady came to Houston lol
Tearstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014   #13
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep. Brady has been way underpaid for a while, and that contract is actually do-able for us.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014   #14
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 95414 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Yep. Brady has been way underpaid for a while, and that contract is actually do-able for us.
I dispute that. It WAS under market, but his Market value is falling rapidly or there would be 20 plus teams after him already and people can only imagine a few who aren't actually chomping at the bits. What is Staubachs value TODAY? Not much because his prime was well in his past. Brady is similar. Even though he is still playing, he is not the player who WAS below Market Value. He is what he is now and in the near future and his contract is no longer even at Market Value, much less below it.

Pass without significant additional compensation from the Patriots. I'm tired of paying a retirement bonus for other teams fading stars.
New fan of #21 Kendrick Lewis and #94 Ryan Pickett. ps I just realized why, they TACKLE!

Luke 23:34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
Old 10-05-2014   #15
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Brady is done. Must draft the franchise QB, please no more Ahman Green/Ed Reed "lets hope he still has it" mercy contracts and signings.
I'm sure I read the same thing here when Peyton Manning became available.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Didn't people say Manning was fading?
Old 10-05-2014   #17
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
I'm sure I read the same thing here when Peyton Manning became available.
I know I did not expect him to recover to this level. But in my opinion, he beat the odds and those that recognized the risk were right to do so.

Old 10-05-2014   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Man some people are going to look awful foolish with this Brady is done talk.
Old 10-05-2014   #19
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

it depends on what the asking price would be.

And can you think of a better mentor for Savage in O'Brien's system?
I can't.

I ain't saying it's going to happen or even that it's a possibility
but if the Pats made a call to O'Brien/Smith, if I were them, I'd at least entertain the call
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014   #20
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68452 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I dispute that. It WAS under market, but his Market value is falling rapidly or there would be 20 plus teams after him already and people can only imagine a few who aren't actually chomping at the bits. What is Staubachs value TODAY? Not much because his prime was well in his past. Brady is similar. Even though he is still playing, he is not the player who WAS below Market Value. He is what he is now and in the near future and his contract is no longer even at Market Value, much less below it.

Pass without significant additional compensation from the Patriots. I'm tired of paying a retirement bonus for other teams fading stars.
Brady isn't done. It's more Coach Belichick than is done that Brady is. Belichick has been ignoring the WR position for a long time, kind of what Kubiak was doing with the running back situation here until he found Foster. I think Belichick believes he can plug any WR into his system and think it will produce great results.
Yeah Brady is getting older but I still think he's better than anything out there right now. Question. Who would you take right now: Brady or Fitzpatrick?
santo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read