Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-29-2013   #81
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Top 20 Players in the AFC South, Texans with 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
The primary head scratching that will be occurring in the AFC South will be Texans fans trying to figure out why the team committed such a big long term contract to Schaub before he ever played in a single playoff game. What did he deliver? Out after the wild card round, just like TJ. I keep waiting for something better, but all we hear are .... excuses. Like letting home field advantage slip away.

I am looking forward to 5-10 years of Luck dominating the division myself. It might not happen, but I hope it does.
We were the favorites to be in the Super Bowl for much of the year. Had we even got to the AFC Championship game, we'd have been paying Schaub like Flacco.

It was a gamble they took, I'd have done the same thing. So I'm not scratching my head. He may not be the best starting QB in the league, but he is a starting QB & they don't come cheap. Contrary to popular belief, Matt's not out there losing games for us. He's not winning them for us, but he's definitely not losing them.

Like I said, I'm glad there are people like you who will be holding out hope against hope that Andrew Luck is the next great QB of the AFC South. It'll make our domination that much easier.
Old 06-29-2013   #82
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My response was solely to him calling Luck a bust.
That was a qualified comment. I said, "stat-wise he was kind of a bust". And perhaps "bust" was a bit strong. But that was because of all the hoopla and bally-hoo that preceded the draft.

Anyway, knowing what I know now, I'd take Russell Wilson over Luck. I actually like RGIII's game better than Luck's (Luck threw 18 picks to Wilson's 10 and RGIII's 5; that's right only FIVE picks all year) but I worry that his (RGIII's) very game-playing style won't lead to longevity.
Then again, RGIII was sacked 30 times, Luck was sacked 41. soooo, maybe it's Luck that won't last....

Anyway, point is that of the three rookie QBs that got the most media attention last year, performance-wise Luck came in third. His TEAM did much better than expected but I attribute that to them wanting badly to win for their coach as much or more than Luck's performance on the field.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013   #83
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The primary head scratching that will be occurring in the AFC South will be Texans fans trying to figure out why the team committed such a big long term contract to Schaub before he ever played in a single playoff game. What did he deliver? Out after the wild card round, just like TJ. I keep waiting for something better, but all we hear are .... excuses. Like letting home field advantage slip away.

I am looking forward to 5-10 years of Luck dominating the division myself.
It might not happen, but I hope it does.
Soooo you're a Colts fan?
Old 06-30-2013   #84
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Soooo you're a Colts fan?
Obsi, I though that that's been apparent for quite some time. Don't even know why he's around other than to antagonize. That's pretty much all I've seen from him.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013   #85
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Obsi, I though that that's been apparent for quite some time. Don't even know why he's around other than to antagonize. That's pretty much all I've seen from him.
I don't think he's a Colts fan. He just really hates Schaub. Something about urine & cheerios I believe.
Old 06-30-2013   #86
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 302162 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't think he's a Colts fan. He just really hates Schaub. Something about urine & cheerios I believe.
Nope - he is a Colts fan. He also likes deriding Schaub.
Old 07-01-2013   #87
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 82763 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually he seems to be a fan of every team the texans play. Dont know why the guy is even here TBH. All his Avis are either Schaub getting sacked or some bad play the texans made.
Old 07-01-2013   #88
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 82763 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My response was solely to him calling Luck a bust.
Us calling luck a bust is like you already throwing him into the hall of fame. His numbers were terrible. And luck didnt beat us because he is a future "HOF" in your eves. He beat us cause Kubiak does what he always does, in a game he gets a lead he goes conservative, we had a lead in the AFC for the #1 seed and he goes conservative.

Luck did "OK" last season but for where he was drafted and all the hype he brought i have to agree with these guys, but he didnt have the type of season he should have with the way everyone, the media including you were and have been putting him on a pedistole.
Old 07-01-2013   #89
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Obsi, I thought that that's been apparent for quite some time. Don't even know why he's around other than to antagonize. That's pretty much all I've seen from him.
then he should man up and say so.
then again, I think he just did
Old 07-01-2013   #90
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I must say that Luck lived up to his namesake last year.

He was probably the most lucky QB I've seen in a given year.
Put the game tape on. In the first five games, there were at least ten of his passes that could have been interceptions; at least three were "sure" drops by a defender (and I'm being generous here since I don't want to count on my memory).

Luck has a lot of athleticism and qualities, but if he was the Texans QB last year (and if people don't make excuse for their "idol"), he would have been ripped apart on this forum; I guarantee it.

Yes, I have watched every single game he played.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013   #91
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

Luck has a lot of athleticism and qualities, but if he was the Texans QB last year (and if people don't make excuse for their "idol"), he would have been ripped apart on this forum; I guarantee it.
Nah.... the "new" hadn't wore off yet. We'd make excuses for him for at least two years.

Most fans are pretty "fair" with new players, especially the ones that get a lot of pre-nfl hype. Year one is just to "see" what we got. Year two, they want to see improvement. & that's where most Luck fans are, if they're honest.

He'll get about 10 games to show improvement before there will be much "noise" about not.
Old 07-01-2013   #92
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Would you trade JJ for Luck ? Of course you would, and in a heart beat and you'd also throw in some boot like Andre or Cushing or maybe both ?
its a toughee, but i think i go ahead and do it if for no other reason Qb is the most important position in the game and Luck's ceiling is higher at this point.

That's not to say Watt still won't be great in the near future, it's just that he was so great last year, he's less likely to live up to that season let alone top it. I think everyone expects Luck to be much better than he was last year...and he was pretty damn good last year.

Now throwing in AJ and Cush? Hell no. At this point in time, Watt for Luck would be about as even a swap as you can get...aside from trading any of the top 3 qbs.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013   #93
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I must say that Luck lived up to his namesake last year.

He was probably the most lucky QB I've seen in a given year.
Put the game tape on. In the first five games, there were at least ten of his passes that could have been interceptions; at least three were "sure" drops by a defender (and I'm being generous here since I don't want to count on my memory).
Lots of good and bad QB's have dropped INT's every year.

Quote:

Yes, I have watched every single game he played.
Luck had a lot of INT's last year and his COMP% wasn't anything stellar, but I think it would have been relatively few posters that would've done the "ripping" apart. He showed enough in his play last year to make most people agree that you can probably win a lot of NFL games with Andrew Luck as your QB (Just as the Colts did last year, and with almost nobody else on that team either, especially that O-line dear god).

Anybody claiming to speak with authority on what 32 NFL GM's and execs would do in a given "draft whatever player you want" scenario are full of ****. NFL GM's make dumb moves/mistakes/strokes of genius all of the time and trying to nail down what a GM is thinking at any time in the off season is daunting enough, just ask mock draft guru's.
Old 07-01-2013   #94
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Nope - he is a Colts fan. He also likes deriding Schaub.
Yup, and, Yes Sir. Correct on both points.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013   #95
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nah.... the "new" hadn't wore off yet. We'd make excuses for him for at least two years.

Most fans are pretty "fair" with new players, especially the ones that get a lot of pre-nfl hype. Year one is just to "see" what we got. Year two, they want to see improvement. & that's where most Luck fans are, if they're honest.

He'll get about 10 games to show improvement before there will be much "noise" about not.
Having been to many other team's fan forums, I somewhat disagree with this. We have our fair share of homers and we all have "our" players that we like and defend, but we also have a pretty good number of guys that are pretty danged objective and will call it like they see it- good or bad. There would've been a fair number of pink soapers calling Luck out for his play last season. In my humble, unbiased(yeah right) opinion, Luck would have a harder time on this MB than anything the Dolt fans would ever give him.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013   #96
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Is that a fact?
Signed, Kareem Jackson.

Well *I* think its true.
Signed, David Carr.

Old 07-02-2013   #97
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Is that a fact?
Signed, Kareem Jackson.

Well *I* think its true.
Signed, David Carr.

Kareem Jackson...... no hype. Most of us didn't even know who he was.

David Carr........ hype. The best QB prospect since blah, blah, blah...... the real deal.
Old 07-04-2013   #98
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

we really need to sweep the colts this year just to prove Luck will not have it easy in this divison or with this team
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013   #99
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
we really need to sweep the colts this year just to prove Luck will not have it easy in this divison or with this team
It would be nice to sweep the Colts, but not a "need"

We need to win the division again, to prove it is still ours.

If we sweep the Colts & go 6-10........ what difference does it make?
Old 07-07-2013   #100
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1441 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Would you trade JJ for Luck ? Of course you would, and in a heart beat and you'd also throw in some boot like Andre or Cushing or maybe both ?
lol wow...this dude serious??

darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read