Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-02-2013   #81
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87974 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lestar Jean??????????????????????-

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Not really particularly to you but you can try to carve a stat toothpick but at some point it becomes obvious. Our rookie WR's last year caught 41.5% of balls thrown to them. Same QB as everyone else on the team, same system. Look around the league and that is pathetic no matter the system. Small dead hands Jacoby Jones in a downfield role reeled in 55% of targets. Stop this backwards ass way of trying to blame Schaub. Our rookies underperformed. Let's hope they step up this year. They certainly have room to do so.
but u can not deny that even AJ catches passes that have no business being caught. Schaubs worst season i have ever seen was last season, his throws were everywhere, if a ball is way to high and a WR jumps as high as he can and gets one finger on it, that is considered catchable. If a ball is thrown out of bounds and a WR has no chance of getting 2 feet in but he gets 1 toe in that is considered catchable.
Old 07-02-2013   #82
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Not really particularly to you but you can try to carve a stat toothpick but at some point it becomes obvious. Our rookie WR's last year caught 41.5% of balls thrown to them. Same QB as everyone else on the team, same system. Look around the league and that is pathetic no matter the system. Small dead hands Jacoby Jones in a downfield role reeled in 55% of targets. Stop this backwards ass way of trying to blame Schaub. Our rookies underperformed. Let's hope they step up this year. They certainly have room to do so.
Not that you were saying any different, but all our receivers underperformed except AJ. Our TEs, our RBs...... all of them caught less passes thrown at them this year than any other year.

If I remember TCs stats correctly.
Old 07-02-2013   #83
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
but u can not deny that even AJ catches passes that have no business being caught. Schaubs worst season i have ever seen was last season, his throws were everywhere, if a ball is way to high and a WR jumps as high as he can and gets one finger on it, that is considered catchable. If a ball is thrown out of bounds and a WR has no chance of getting 2 feet in but he gets 1 toe in that is considered catchable.
& if the ball hits the receiver in the hands & it bounces to a defender it's called an INT & counted against the QB.

Or if the ball goes through a receiver's hands ala James Casey in the endzone it's called an incompletion, again counted against the QB.

It all washes in the end. Every receiver in the league makes catches they have no business catching. That's why they get paid so much.
Old 07-03-2013   #84
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 87974 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
& if the ball hits the receiver in the hands & it bounces to a defender it's called an INT & counted against the QB.

Or if the ball goes through a receiver's hands ala James Casey in the endzone it's called an incompletion, again counted against the QB.

It all washes in the end. Every receiver in the league makes catches they have no business catching. That's why they get paid so much.
to counter thats why QBs get paid so much....
Old 07-03-2013   #85
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
to counter thats why QBs get paid so much....
QBs get paid to give them a chance.
Old 07-04-2013   #86
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

he wil deff be competing with Alan Bonner two rookies and Jeff mahel

plus I don't know how WR's will be on the active roster

ANdre
Hopkins
Martin
posey

tho they might just put posey on IR for the hole year
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013   #87
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
QBs get paid to give them a chance.
HAHA i dont agree with that, everyone has a job. A QB gets paid to put the ball in the WRs/TE/HBs #s. Thats an awful lot of money to pay someone just to throw the ball up giving all the other guys a "chance" to catch it.

I mean a Left Tackle is still accused of allowing a sack regardless of how long the QB held the ball. This is a team sport, this is why every stat relates to something someone else does or dont do.

A QB throws a dump off to the HB, throwing the ball 2 yards, the HB then breaks off an 85 yard TD run. Well the QB recieves 83 MORE yards to his passing total although he only threw it 2 yards, then the HB ran the other 83. Thats why this is called a team sport, so dont make it sound as if NFL QBs are treated so unfairly haha.
Old 07-04-2013   #88
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
NFL QBs are treated so unfairly haha.
What part of "it washes in the end" makes you think I believe QBs are treated unfairly?

If it were a QB & a Receiver, I'd expect the ball perfectly placed every time. But since you have people trying to prevent the QB from throwing the ball & DBs trying to prevent the receivers from catching the ball, you can't expect every throw to be on the money.

That doesn't mean every throw is just up for grabs either.
Old 07-04-2013   #89
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
HAHA i dont agree with that, everyone has a job. A QB gets paid to put the ball in the WRs/TE/HBs #s. Thats an awful lot of money to pay someone just to throw the ball up giving all the other guys a "chance" to catch it.

I mean a Left Tackle is still accused of allowing a sack regardless of how long the QB held the ball. This is a team sport, this is why every stat relates to something someone else does or dont do.

A QB throws a dump off to the HB, throwing the ball 2 yards, the HB then breaks off an 85 yard TD run. Well the QB recieves 83 MORE yards to his passing total although he only threw it 2 yards, then the HB ran the other 83. Thats why this is called a team sport, so dont make it sound as if NFL QBs are treated so unfairly haha.
I think this is because the 83 were a result of the play initiated by the QB. Seems unfair, I agree but the Rb would not get anything if QB had not dumped to him. I am pretty sure that if an RB took a short pass & then got chased behind the LOS losing 10 yards that impacts the QB.
Old 07-04-2013   #90
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I think this is because the 83 were a result of the play initiated by the QB. Seems unfair, I agree but the Rb would not get anything if QB had not dumped to him. I am pretty sure that if an RB took a short pass & then got chased behind the LOS losing 10 yards that impacts the QB.
I think it's Schaub's fault that Andre's TD totals do not reflect his greatness because Schaub likes to underthrow wide open receivers.

If I'm going to blame Schaub for that, I'll give him credit when James Casey catches a throw back across the field & takes it 70+ yards for a TD.
Old 07-05-2013   #91
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
What part of "it washes in the end" makes you think I believe QBs are treated unfairly?

If it were a QB & a Receiver, I'd expect the ball perfectly placed every time. But since you have people trying to prevent the QB from throwing the ball & DBs trying to prevent the receivers from catching the ball, you can't expect every throw to be on the money.

That doesn't mean every throw is just up for grabs either.
Yeah i agree but come on how many times have we seen schaub overthrow cough cough, under throw wide open guys ?
Old 07-05-2013   #92
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Yeah i agree but come on how many times have we seen schaub overthrow cough cough, under throw wide open guys ?
It took me a while to come to terms with underthrowing those wide open receivers, but if you listen to what Matt says and reconcile it with the numbers... maybe he's got a point. He says it gives the receivers a better opportunity to make a play on the ball. Like we saw in 2012, it also gives the defender the ability to make a play on the ball. But his completion percentage in throws over 20 yards, over 30 yards, over 40 yards are right there with "the best" in the league.

Had Joe Flacco put that ball in front of Jacoby, is it more or less likely that Jacoby catches that ball?
Old 07-06-2013   #93
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
It took me a while to come to terms with underthrowing those wide open receivers, but if you listen to what Matt says and reconcile it with the numbers... maybe he's got a point. He says it gives the receivers a better opportunity to make a play on the ball. Like we saw in 2012, it also gives the defender the ability to make a play on the ball. But his completion percentage in throws over 20 yards, over 30 yards, over 40 yards are right there with "the best" in the league.

Had Joe Flacco put that ball in front of Jacoby, is it more or less likely that Jacoby catches that ball?
Schaub can justify his noodle arm which ever way he likes. I'm sorry but if your WR has beaten the CB for a 6 yard advantage then an underthrow doesnt help. If a CB is running stride for stride with the WR and it is underthrown sorry but that doesnt help. IF the CB some how is physic and is in fron of the WR cause he knows his every move then yes in that instance an under throw would help.

And again i said AJ even made Carr look good, i gurantee that your stat of over 20, 30 and 40 yard completions is 80 to 90% all passes to AJ. So it all goes back to what i was saying about Andre The Great making even less than worthy QBs look "ok".
Old 07-06-2013   #94
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Schaub can justify his noodle arm which ever way he likes.
:overyourhead:
Old 07-06-2013   #95
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
:overyourhead:
No you said he had a point on his excuse to under throwing guys. Pretty sure its just cause he cant over throw them.

Oh well either way i think we can all agree Schaub may be the biggest thing thats holding this team back.
Old 07-06-2013   #96
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Oh well either way i think we can all agree Schaub may be the biggest thing thats holding this team back.
Nope.... I think it's that guy on the side lines with the perfect hair.

Then Schaub, but not because of his noodle arm or his lack of mobility.
Old 07-06-2013   #97
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Nope.... I think it's that guy on the side lines with the perfect hair.

Then Schaub, but not because of his noodle arm or his lack of mobility.
I think that Kubiaks lack of creativity is a problem i agree, but i do not think he is holding us back as bad as Schaub is. To me Kubiak can dominate games as long as his game plan isnt disrupted, kind of like Schaubs pick 6 against cincy last season. Or whenever we got far behind in NE during both games, his failure to adjust and adapt is a big flaw. No doubt.
Old 07-06-2013   #98
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I think that Kubiaks lack of creativity is a problem i agree, but i do not think he is holding us back as bad as Schaub is.
If we win the Super Bowl in 2013 the way people look at these two is going to totally flip. Much like Joe Flacco.

There was a time when I thought this team was being put together to win multiple Super Bowls & Schaub & Kubiak were part of that. Jj Watt & Wade Phillips only strengthen my beliefs.

My problem with Kubiak is that he's got his head too far up his hind quarters (I say this believing 2012 was Kubiak's best year as a HC) I think he correctly identified that the team was too tight & needed to let go & play football. The problem, though, is that they were playing tight because of the way he ran the team for 3/4 of the season.

If he focuses on letting them play loose next season & not so much on not making mistakes I don't think anyone can stop us from winning it all.
Old 07-06-2013   #99
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
If we win the Super Bowl in 2013 the way people look at these two is going to totally flip. Much like Joe Flacco.

There was a time when I thought this team was being put together to win multiple Super Bowls & Schaub & Kubiak were part of that. Jj Watt & Wade Phillips only strengthen my beliefs.

My problem with Kubiak is that he's got his head too far up his hind quarters (I say this believing 2012 was Kubiak's best year as a HC) I think he correctly identified that the team was too tight & needed to let go & play football. The problem, though, is that they were playing tight because of the way he ran the team for 3/4 of the season.

If he focuses on letting them play loose next season & not so much on not making mistakes I don't think anyone can stop us from winning it all.
and i agree with that, we could of been #1 seed had Kubes not played scared the final 4 games. He did like he does in games with a lead he let off the reings and that is not a good mentality to have.
Old 07-10-2013   #100
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post
I get tired of hearing about all of his potential. He needs to step up this year and establish himself as the solid #3 receiver - if not at least challenge for the #2.
You may get your wish. Just saw this article over at the Texans web site about Jean and all the hard work he's putting in. Looks like Kubes is noticing improvement too. http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...7-61fab170671e
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read