Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-28-2005   #21
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I accidentally cleared my title in the options screen and retyped it earlier today. Didn't even notice it till you brought it up. What would the "added effect" be?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #22
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

No way do we sign him to a contract of more than $3 million a year, or so. If it's restructured this year, it'll be something like 4 years for $10 million with a $4 million dollar signing bonus. He only makes $700,000 now and won't make much more than that next year. A deal in the neighborhood of $10 million would be too much to pass up for a RB 2 years away from free agency... For precedent, look at what Travis Henry was signed to three years ago.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #23
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Hey Vinny, can you go ahead and set him up for TexansNeedRBin10?
well, if it is true and DD gets a long-term extension, TexansneedRBin05 essentially gets his wish. I mean if DD gets the deal, then the Texans got their RB in '05. Technically, it would just be an extension, but they still got their man. Be happy TexansneedRBin05, you got your wish...just not the RB you were hoping for.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #24
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I accidentally cleared my title in the options screen and retyped it earlier today. Didn't even notice it till you brought it up. What would the "added effect" be?
Having the title of "admin" would seem less blunt than "Administrator"? I didn't notice though until the wacky post so that's the main reason I asked.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #25
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll probably change it to "bean cooker" later so it matches up with my profile.

Old 06-28-2005   #26
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey Vinny, can you go ahead and set him up for TexansNeedRBin10?
If DD signs the extension, he'll probably ask for TexansNeedGM.
Old 06-28-2005   #27
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Ok, after reflection as to my point-blank style I'll fix my post. Hopefully this one will come off better...

LOL! Why would you say that? We don't have any cap issues.
That's much better. Thanx.
Those smilies sure are magical huh.
Sponsored links
Old 06-28-2005   #28
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Cosidering how much he has done for so "little" money, he deserves a good deal.
Old 06-28-2005   #29
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
I'm happy for DD if he can get a nice bonus and some security. He has earned it.
So are you comfortable with him as the feature back now and five years down the road?
Old 06-28-2005   #30
Vinny
shiny happy fan

I'm not sold on him as a long term feature back, but you don't have to be a great back to earn respect from the fan base. He works hard, is a good guy, and doesn't make excuses. Players don't have to be bad or great....there is a middle ground somewhere you know.

Old 06-28-2005   #31
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

Quote:
If DD signs the extension, he'll probably ask for TexansNeedGM.
i think thats giving 'ol (errr...young) TexansNeedRBin05 a little to much credit...i don't think he has that broad of perspective, if you will

Quote:
...Players don't have to be bad or great....there is a middle ground somewhere you know.
great post vin, i just wish that viewpoint was a requirement to register for this board
Old 06-28-2005   #32
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 TexansNeedRBin05 has been demoted to the practice squad
Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

Um whatever yall say he will endup hurt us in cap or getting cut so I am not worried. If cant get a RB this year can I reserve TexansneedRBin06?
TexansNeedRBin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #33
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansNeedRBin05
Um whatever yall say he will endup hurt us in cap or getting cut so I am not worried. If cant get a RB this year can I reserve TexansneedRBin06?
FYI--your location is misspelled unless Texas added a new city.
Old 06-29-2005   #34
clandestin
Veteran

I've come to the conclusion that this time of year is the hardcore football fan's equivalent to PMS.

Old 06-29-2005   #35
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
FYI--your location is misspelled unless Texas added a new city.
OUCH that was harsh...poor kid cant even spell his own city and is always getting picked on around here.

how i really feel:
...but dont pick on me because i dont capitalize and punctuate properly all the time

maybe the offseason is what kills all the other message boards? the rams just suspended their message boards
Old 06-29-2005   #36
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I just like the gesture on behalf of our organization. DD has made a case for himself to get an extension, and since we brought in another back from the draft, it should say alot to DD that the Texans want him to be the man.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005   #37
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730
OUCH that was harsh...poor kid cant even spell his own city and is always getting picked on around here.
Well that one wasn't actually meant to be harsh. I will poke fun at people for not knowing how to spell the names of guys they say are clearly superior to the Texans' players (I am pretty sure DD rushed for more yards on his first carry than Stanley and Herny have combined for in the league), but you have to figure he knows how to spell his own city and that was just a typo.
Old 06-29-2005   #38
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by clandestin
I've come to the conclusion that this time of year is the hardcore football fan's equivalent to PMS.

Just think instead of three or four days, its three or four weeks
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005   #39
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
Just think instead of three or four days, its three or four weeks
You guys, and your fear/fascination of PMS ..

Quote:
LOL! Why would you say that? We don't have any cap issues.
Thanks for the laugh V ....
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005   #40
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan
Thanks for the laugh V ....
You know, I said the EXACT same thing in the re-post (didn't change anything), but I put in what I consider feminine/young guy style posting features as sarcasm. I guess its ok if I post like a woman, but if I leave off the draperies and frill - I'm mean. I know you got a kick out of it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read