Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 05-25-2013   #1
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Where to stay and visit downtown in one day?

Medical center or downtown?
On a week day.
Is the rail better than the bus?

Hotel recommendation please.

Thank you!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to stay and visit downtown in one day?

Give people something to work with. Primary interests, desired price range on hotel, do you want nightlife, dining, etc. or museums.

The rail works very well in between the med center and downtown. I would go with it before buses.
Old 05-25-2013   #3
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

2 Adults.
Less than $100 if possible on a week day.
A little of all the above.

I'm thinking downtown, but I don't know if there's anything in that price range near the rail line, is there?
Old 05-25-2013   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

DUDE!! You know this town, where are your recommendations??
Old 05-25-2013   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
DUDE!! You know this town, where are your recommendations??
I don't stay in any hotel in those areas.
I don't stay in any hotel around Houston despite having been here for more than 37 years , LOL!
Old 05-25-2013   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
2 Adults.
Less than $100 if possible on a week day.
A little of all the above.

I'm thinking downtown, but I don't know if there's anything in that price range near the rail line, is there?
Well I haven't stayed in many hotels here so I would just check your favorite travel sites for deals on hotels. But also check out Club Quarters in Houston which I hear is reasonable and downtown.

Downtown is going to offer more options in the evening. Some that are very centrally located and not for the youngsters are:

La Carafe - wine bar and live music - supposedly oldest building in Houston.
Sambucca - full restaurant and bar with live jazz.
The Mercury Room - laid back art deco bar/restaurant.

Just a couple blocks off the rail line near the south end of town are:

Mai's Vietnamese - always comes up in favorite restaurant conversations.
Breakfast Klub - famous for their chicken and waffles but overall great breakfast diner.
Old 05-28-2013   #7
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

The Inn at the Ballpark is nice and you can get some pretty good rates there.

You'd be across the street from Minute Maid, a few blocks from the light rail, and on the east end of Downtown, which is really starting to develop nicely (e.g. Discovery Green).
Old 05-30-2013   #8
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Thanks guy.

I took a tour of the areas and there are several nice looking hotels.
Shouldn't be a problem at all.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read