Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-28-2005   #1
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 36225 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO
Default Leftwich expectations

Quote:
Jaguars | Expectations are High for Leftwich
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:31:05 -0700 KFFL

Shannon Shelton, of the Orlando Sentinel, reports expectations are high for Jacksonville Jaguars QB Byron Leftwich this season. With the team's new offense and a beefed-up receiving corps, Leftwich should have all the tools he needs for a breakout season this fall. "My expectations for myself are higher than anything others put on me," said Leftwich. "Nobody on this team allows outsiders to put pressure on us that we don't already put on ourselves." The Jaguars added a new offensive coordinator, former USC quarterbacks coach Carl Smith, who has installed a pass-heavy system that will rely heavily on Leftwich's arm. His performances in the team's recent organized-team activities have showed promise. At practice June 17, he was 27 of 32 with two drops. Leftwich clearly is a fan of Smith's new offense. WR Jimmy Smith, still one of the most productive receivers in the league says he's "looking forward to a lot of big plays being made downfield vertically."
Let's see if Peek, Babin, Greenwood, TJ, etc... can challenge those expectations.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #2
Don'tHate
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Don'tHate

I can't wait to find out...but things look pretty darn good from here.
I have been following all the reports since mini-camp and our passing game is going to be 100x better than last season, thank god!
Old 06-28-2005   #3
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Is one of the expections for Leftwich to get back to the size of a QB?
Old 06-28-2005   #4
Don'tHate
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
Please refer to my post at the provided link...thank you and have a nice day.

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...?t=9960&page=2
Old 06-28-2005   #5
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
Hey don't go ragging on a QB because he's big. What about Culpepper he's 260, or how about Mcnabb who's 240, heck Carr weighs only 25 pounds less. Lay off the big guy.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #6
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Id say its pretty easy to complete 27 of 32 passes with no defensive pressure.
Old 06-28-2005   #7
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys!
Hey don't go ragging on a QB because he's big. What about Culpepper he's 260, or how about Mcnabb who's 240, heck Carr weighs only 25 pounds less. Lay off the big guy.
Your right it's those slow guys like Drew "afterburner" Bledsoe we should be ragging on or maybe the colour blind ones like Vinny "I thought he was on my team" Testaverde. Leave Lord Byron alone he's not that big and I'll beat he'll beat those Cowgirl QB's in the 40 going backwards.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-28-2005   #8
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantexan
Your right it's those slow guys like Drew "afterburner" Bledsoe we should be ragging on or maybe the colour blind ones like Vinny "I thought he was on my team" Testaverde. Leave Lord Byron alone he's not that big and I'll beat he'll beat those Cowgirl QB's in the 40 going backwards.
Right, those slow guys like Donnovan McNabb.

Old 06-29-2005   #9
Don'tHate
Rookie

who needs to run when you have that good of an arm?
Old 06-29-2005   #10
BringItOn
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don'tHate
Right and you should be able to run your offense exclusively from the shotgun formation too.

It's interesting how they model their offense around the weaknesses of their QB and we model ours of the weaknesses of our O-line.
BringItOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Please refer to my post at the provided link...thank you and have a nice day.

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...?t=9960&page=2

It's true, QB's are going up in size. I remember a couple of years ago reading that Culpepper is actually bigger than every single lineman who played on the Miami Dolphins perfect season team back in the 70's.

The only reason Byron gets the flak for it is those chubby cheeks of his. Out of all those guys who you quoted Byron is the only one who "looks" fat. It's a combination of pads, chubby cheeks, and overall body type that draws the attention.

Not necessarily fair I admit but, well there it is.
Old 06-29-2005   #12
Don'tHate
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringItOn
Right and you should be able to run your offense exclusively from the shotgun formation too.

It's interesting how they model their offense around the weaknesses of their QB and we model ours of the weaknesses of our O-line.

And that is exactly why our OC was fired...I feel confident Carl Smith will show the rest of the league how Musgrave should have done his job.
Old 06-29-2005   #13
Haams
All Pro

Quote:
Hell, he showed in college he can win without even being able to walk.
Haams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005   #14
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys!
Right, those slow guys like Donnovan McNabb.
Who said anything about McNabb..and are you comparing McNabb to Bledsoe thats like comparing applse to really really slow apples who make terrible decisions.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005   #15
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Im so glad that Leftwich posed for this picture. Every time someone brings up the old "Hes only 260 lbs.. alot of QBs way just as much or close"..

The difference is.. Leftwich is sporting a spare tire and some tig o bitties.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005   #16
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantexan
Who said anything about McNabb..and are you comparing McNabb to Bledsoe thats like comparing applse to really really slow apples who make terrible decisions.
I mentioned McNabb, Carr, and Culpepper being big guys too and you replied saying "Your right it's those slow guys like.."
I never mentioned Bledsoe at all.

Old 07-03-2005   #17
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Im so glad that Leftwich posed for this picture. Every time someone brings up the old "Hes only 260 lbs.. alot of QBs way just as much or close"..

Oh my gosh. See, see what I'm talking about. HE'S FAT for a QB.
Old 07-03-2005   #18
cred
Rookie

Everytime I see that picture, and read what goes along with it, I just start laughing hysterically.
cred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005   #19
ColdSteelBlue
Veteran

Expactations for Leftwich?

I expect him to laying on his fat arse looking up at Babin , Peek and every other teams pass rushers all year long. Oh well at least he has ample padding.
Old 07-04-2005   #20
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid

hahahahha...........hahahahahha! I remember that pic, thanks for making our point Grid!
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read