Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Broncos QB Peyton Manning’s renegotiated contract cleared $2.5 million in cap space i

Wolf

100% Texan
Under the new terms of the contract, Manning will still earn the $40 million in guaranteed money over the next two seasons, but the payouts of those amounts has been tweaked.
Instead of earning $20 million in fully guaranteed base salaries in 2013 and 2014, Manning received a $10 million salary advance and his base salaries in 2013 and 2014 have been lowered to $15 million in each season. The $10 million salary advance is treated like a signing bonus and will be prorated over the next four seasons, reducing Manning's cap number from $20 million to $17.5 million in both 2013 and 2014.
However, the downside to the cap savings the next two seasons is that Manning's cap number will increase by $2.5 million, going from $19 million to $21.5 million, in both 2015 and 2016 as the Broncos will have veered, slightly, from the "pay as you go" approach they had been taking with the 37-year-old quarterback.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...enegotiated-contract-cleared-2-173612692.html

Norg, do you know there is a difference between the word "has" and "as?" For instance, your post should have read "He's still making twice AS much AS Schaub." Just trying to help.

Norg, do you know there is a difference between the word "has" and "as?" For instance, your post should have read "He's still making twice AS much AS Schaub." Just trying to help.

You sir are :brickwall: directing a post at that cat. See if you get a response. Not that you could understand it anyway but my money is on "No".

Norg posts in Norgese -- a highly developed dialect that is too complicated for our average minds to even conceptualize.

You sir are :brickwall: directing a post at that cat. See if you get a response. Not that you could understand it anyway but my money is on "No".

Norg posts in Norgese -- a highly developed dialect that is too complicated for our average minds to even conceptualize.

I really can't recommend this enough

rosetta-stone-softwarecopy_zps75d2f4bb.jpg

when you're paid like this cat is, 2.5 million is drops in the bucket..

Peyton Manning isn't losing a dime on this transaction, instead he's getting his guaranteed money sooner, while the team gets to spread out the cap hit over more years. It's a good deal for both sides, and it helps the team get some more capspace in their "win now" years with Peyton.

Back