Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-12-2013   #21
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Re. Keenum......"Doubt him at your own risk"....

If Keenum is good enough, he'll make it eventually.
Did we already forget that Foster went undrafted?

Brady was a late sixth rounder and he stands nearly 6'4.
And he was 4th on the depth chart to start with the Patriots.

Doug Flutie was 5'10 and it took him quite a while to become an NFL starter.
Who's going to tell me that he prefers David Carr over Flutie?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013   #22
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

While I certainly hope Case Keenum becomes a great QB for us. I believe his future in football will be in the coaching ranks.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013   #23
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235987 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
This writer was the same guy who wrote this:

Texans will rue the night they took Pizza Boy J.J. Watt over Nick Fairley, Houston lover

Which may be the worst post-draft article ever ever written. Can't say I'm a fan of any of his NFL writing, which is appears to be written to provoke a response. Like this one...
Yeah, the guy is a real prize.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013   #24
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just glad to see Keenum improving things like accuracy and taking snaps from under center. (He's never done that before. Keenum has a chance to becme a Romo type QB if he reaches his potential. IMHO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013   #25
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

If you believe the fan starved offseason hype hopkins is rice and k is Montana. Dont bet the farm.
Old 05-13-2013   #26
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Keenum will get much more of a chance to show what he can do in this year's preseason than he did last summer as an undrafted free agent. Kubiak says he plans to play No. 7 a good amount.
That's really all I want to see.
Old 05-13-2013   #27
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I'm just glad to see Keenum improving things like accuracy and taking snaps from under center. (He's never done that before. Keenum has a chance to becme a Romo type QB if he reaches his potential. IMHO
It does not happen often, but I agree 100%
Old 05-13-2013   #28
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
He could surprise you.

signed Drew Brees
i wonder how many times fans bring up drew brees every time theres a 6 foot qb in their camp, or how many times tom brady is mentioned whenever a late round backup takes over for the injured starter..

either way i dont understand what drew brees has to do with case keenum.. brees was the 1st pick of the 2nd round, drafted to be the chargers future qb, he made the pro bowl as a charger case is an unproven udfa.. their situations arent even remotley the same..
Old 05-13-2013   #29
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
brees was the 1st pick of the 2nd round, drafted to be the chargers future qb, he made the pro bowl as a charger..
After his intial 3 seasons, Brees was considered a bust. The Chargers drafted Eli Manning and traded him for Philip Rivers (the #4 pick in the draft) in the 2004 draft to replace Brees. It was after that, Brees exploded and became the Drew Brees we now know. Totally unexpected. If Keenum does anything, it would be even more of a shock.
Old 05-13-2013   #30
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 55166 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
After his intial 3 seasons, Brees was considered a bust. The Chargers drafted Eli Manning and traded him for Philip Rivers (the #4 pick in the draft) in the 2004 draft to replace Brees. It was after that, Brees exploded and became the Drew Brees we now know. Totally unexpected. If Keenum does anything, it would be even more of a shock.
I disagree with that. Brees had a busted shoulder that required surgery and no one was certain of his full recovery. The Saints took a chance that he would recover and it paid off.

Brees certainly wasn't Peyton Manning-esque at SD but was also not a bust.

STATS.
Old 05-13-2013   #31
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 24667 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I disagree with that. Brees had a busted shoulder that required surgery and no one was certain of his full recovery. The Saints took a chance that he would recover and it paid off.

STATS.
That's kind of what he was stating. He said Brees did not do good after three seasons which the stats you present show exactly that. He stated Brees didn't look good until Rivers was drafted and that is exactly what happened so not sure where the disagreement is. After all, there is a reason they drafted Rivers. Brees wasn't playing good.

In any case, I have no reason not to believe Case could have a shot at the second spot. Not like we have a ton of great things out of Yates to say the position is definitely his. It may be Yates' job to lose but doesn't mean he has a stranglehold on it either.

I also won't hold the writer's thoughts on the Watt pick against him since most people felt the same way including Texans fans. Hindsight is great most thought the pick of Watt was 'solid' and nothing substantial. He easily surpassed expectations as no one could predict what he is currently bringing to the table.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013   #32
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

If stories like this keep getting pumped out then by the time TC comes around you're going to have retardos calling up to 610/790/1560/97.5 talking about how Keenum should replace Schaub for the 2013 season.

God I dread that.
Old 05-13-2013   #33
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Quote:

STATS.
Brees was drafted in 2001 , the same year as Vick and Tomlinson . In 2002 , when asked about the 2002 QB class , Kiper said that if Brees was in it he'd be the #1 overall pick .

In 2004 Rivers was supposed to beat Brees out but couldn't . The Chargers franchised Brees and he was still better than Rivers in 2005 . When Brees hit the market , the only question was about his injured shoulder .
Old 05-13-2013   #34
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 966 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
This writer was the same guy who wrote this:

Texans will rue the night they took Pizza Boy J.J. Watt over Nick Fairley, Houston lover

Which may be the worst post-draft article ever ever written. Can't say I'm a fan of any of his NFL writing, which is appears to be written to provoke a response. Like this one.

Case Keenum has looked fine in the camp with no pads on and no real pass rush. Not like WOWWEEE hyperbole good though.

Does look better than last year. Which damns with the faintest of praise. Both TJ and Case had rough preseasons.

I can't buy any of the successor talk or the displacing TJ talk. Looks like a hype article.

Yes, I've heard Kubiak really likes Case. But hard to see him as an NFL starter.
Lets all be sure the guy didn't hang himself before bashing him, because that article is a career killer. If i was Chris Baldwin i would pray for an expiration or just switch to weather reporting. He should have to put a disclaimer on every future article with that link on it.
jtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013   #35
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

I won't ever rule out a QB, drafted or not, after what Tom Brady has done in this league. I am a firm believer that a QB put in the right system and with the right coach, can become a NFL starter...

If Keenum gets is shot, hope he makes the most of it...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013   #36
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

At worst, we will have same pecking order as last year. Schaub, Yates and Keenum. No one claimed Case off PS and 50- 50 will not do so again. It is good to have players we can talk about optimistically. Hopefully all three will be better this season.
Old 05-13-2013   #37
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 24667 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Unless Stephen McGee takes them all to the shed and shows them how a real quarterback plays....

......stop laughing already.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013   #38
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love it if hometown QB makes good in the NFL. But I think we'll have to wait a bit on that. Schauby boy and Kubiak are still in their lovey dovey phase and have stars in their eyes for each other.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013   #39
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I would love it if hometown QB makes good in the NFL. But I think we'll have to wait a bit on that. Schauby boy and Kubiak are still in their lovey dovey phase and have stars in their eyes for each other.
And they need to stay that way because that's the best chance this team has right now.

Battle for #2? Bring it on. I hope Case is up for the challenge because frankly, I don't think it would take much to move past Yates. If he can't beat out TJ then he's probably got no chance in this league.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013   #40
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

STATS.
The key to Lucky's post was he mentioned AFTER Brees' 1st 3 seasons. Not necessarily his entire time in SD. Brees only started 1 game, officially, as a rookie & then followed it up 16 & 11 starts the following 2 seasons. None of which were particularly impressive in the stat department. SD obviously made a mistake because Brees played well following those 3 seasons & continues to this day while Rivers is surrounded by question marks concerning his play.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read