Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

New User (UK)

Tearstain

Waterboy
Hello all.

Thought it best to introduce myself to you and a little about me.

I started my love afair with American Football back in the 80's when i was a teenager.
It was something new over here in England and I suppose I started to watch it as it was something my parents did not like or understand, so naturally I wanted it on the TV.

When I started to watch the games I knew I had to pick a team to support. All my friends picked teams like the Redskins, Raiders or Miami..
For me the Houston Oilers called. I say the team battle and struggle to a 4-11 season or was it 4-12 season and thought this is the team for me. No glory hunting just a team that fights and has no glory fans.

The few times I was blessed to see Houston on the TV I managed to see Warren Moon, Ernist givens, Drew Hill, Mike Rozier and my favorite (abit for one season) Alonzo Highsmith.

It was about this time that I even started to play Football for the Steel City Titans. Played for 4 years at DE and Guard. Only lost 3 games and wont the British Title in 1988. (Great times).

About this time i Discovered Beer and Girls and Night Clubs, then more beer and more clubs and more beer (the girls seemed to disapear ;) ), I lost interest in American Football and started to follow my hometown football club (soccer) Sheffield United (also known as "The Blades").

Now some years on, well last year I have got back into American Football but was a little bemused to find the Oilers had moved to Tenasse and re-named themselfs "Titans".
As appealing as this sounded been the old team and even using my old teams name, my loyalty is and always will be to Houston!!!
This other team that moved is nothing more than a turncoat in my eyes.

So that about brings me up to speed to this year. Watching injurys and a cheap shot destroy our season.
A lot of the rules seem to have changed like free agency (was rare when I last wathed it, think the only player I remember doing it was a Wilber Marshall going to Washington)

Also this salary cap with players wages been heavily loaded to the final year. Not sure on the rules.

One of the items I have on my bucket list is to visit Houston and watch a game. don't know when aas redundancy has put a big hole in my finances but one day I will come.

Anyway go easy on me if I dont make much sense and ask stupid questions.

I need cheering up as my beloved Blades have just lost again in the play offs to a team of part time players. It would be like wathing the Texans lose to a high school team.
(If there is any multi millionaire out there wantign to buy and english team please feel free to do so :)

Paul

...my loyalty is and always will be to Houston!!!
This other team that moved is nothing more than a turncoat in my eyes...

One of the items I have on my bucket list is to visit Houston and watch a game...

Welcome to TexansTalk, glad to have you aboard.

You'll find Houston a very welcoming city.

GO HOME BRITS!

;)

Friendly place here - I did the same as you and picked the Texans during their 2 win season to avoid bandwagon jumping with all the 'die hard' Pats fans who resonated with them winning Super Bowls and Tom Brady's million dollar sparkle smile. Worked perfectly - when I went to my first NFL game at Wembley (Giants-Fins) wearing my David Carr (forum rule I just broke there - he is only to be referred to as He Who Shall Not Be Named or HWSNBN for short) jersey I got a million confused stares and the straight jacket doctors were lining up to take me away.

Anyway, you'll get a lovely reception from folks here - stick around - and if you manage to get to Houston for a game (I'm still waiting!) I have it on good authority that you'll get more delicious sounding tailgate barbeque food than you can shake a stick at!

:fans:

And come over to the Pacific Northwest sometime.... you'll find our weather quite.... normal. :spin:

Hey Tearstain, a couple of rules to abide by........

A) We are neighbors, NOT "neighbours
'

B) Our colors are not "Colours" They are:

Battle Red
Liberty White and
Steel Blue

I kid... I kid!!! Welcome aboard, brother!!!!

Any one who is a fan of Mr. Warren Moon is welcome on this board in my eyes. I do have a couple of questions.

1. What are Lenny Henry, Alexi Sayle, Dawn French and Rowan Atkinson up to?

2. Is Faith Brown back on tv?

3. Where in the UK are ya?

Wow now that is a blast from the past.

To your first question.... I know that cast of actors have just done another "conic strip presents" based on the famous 5 in thier mid 40s. Should be able to download it.

Faith Brown... Not seen her or her teeth since the 80s. Infact is she still alive?

I am from sheffield which is in the county (state) of yorkshire.
Famous for Def Lepord, Micheal Palin, jessica ennis, Sheffield United aka(the blades). There is another team in the city called The pigs but we dont mention thier name ;)

If i did come over for a game. How easy is it to get a ticket for the bullpen? Am used to sining/chanting during a match and i dont think i could sit there all quiet for a whole match.

If any of you are over my part of the world feel free to call in.

Wow now that is a blast from the past.

To your first question.... I know that cast of actors have just done another "conic strip presents" based on the famous 5 in thier mid 40s. Should be able to download it.

Faith Brown... Not seen her or her teeth since the 80s. Infact is she still alive?

I am from sheffield which is in the county (state) of yorkshire.
Famous for Def Lepord, Micheal Palin, jessica ennis, Sheffield United aka(the blades). There is another team in the city called The pigs but we dont mention thier name ;)

If i did come over for a game. How easy is it to get a ticket for the bullpen? Am used to sining/chanting during a match and i dont think i could sit there all quiet for a whole match.

If any of you are over my part of the world feel free to call in.

1. Lenny Henry is a Genius. Alexi is out of his mind and Rowan...just cracks me up.

2. Faith Brown and her enourmous t:ts stared as Nora Desmond in a well received stage version of Sunset Boulevard, before that I THINK she was on a show called "Help! Get me out of here I'm a celebrity". And the last thing in which she was really involved was shutting down the website www.guessfaithbrownsbrasize.com which was dedicated to figuring out precisely how big the wonder twins actually are.

3. The only time you are to be quiet at a Texans home game is when they have the ball. When the other team has it make some noise baby! Tickets? There are members of the Bull pen who occasionally have an extra ticket which they'll be happy to sell ya, you'll have to work something out with an individual member.

4. I know where Sheffield is. It's famous for it's steel works AND you forgot that you're also the city that gave us Joe Cocker.

Back