Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-12-2013   #121
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rookie mini-camp

Nick Scurfield @NickScurfield

Gary Kubiak continues to like what he
sees in rookie WR Alan Bonner. "His best
day this morning. A ton of ability."
#Texans
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013   #122
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
Won't be here to copy and paste AM Practices, I will be at a Mother's Day cookout!

Can link the tweets later.
Thanks for all the great work, man.

MSR
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013   #123
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 24997 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post

#Texans
I'm liking what I hear. He may just be another diamond in the rough.
Old 05-12-2013   #124
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post

#Texans
By the time the season starts, he should be able to replace AJ and KMart both.

Just kidding!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013   #125
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

Just kidding!
Would it shock you if Bonner is the #3 WR over KMart at the end of the year?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013   #126
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

Just kidding!
Can he also replace Schaub?
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013   #127
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 14915 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Going from 1 cookout to another but have a little time inbetween!

As always, Patrick Starr, Stephanie Stradley, Tania Ganguli, Nick, Dave Zangaro, and Marc with most of the tweets..Some of you have already posted em but i'll just try to fill. Some will be the same.

Quote:
Sam Montgomery was asked are you ready for a day off after these 3 days. He simply said "No."
Quote:
Kubiak said he's about to have a "long talk" with QB Collin Klein. Impressed with how far he came in 2.5 days
Quote:
Collin Klein looked the best he has on three days today. Threw the ball with confidence.
That's good to hear. With his running ability he just needs to improve his ball skills.

Quote:
Kubiak on Collin Klein; "He's found a way his whole career, and he's probably gonna find a way this time, too."
Would like to see him succeed.

Quote:
DeAndre Hopkins had the catch of the day on a deep ball from Keenum down the sideline. Sliding one handed catch with a DB on him.
Quote:
Montgomery said he was ready for the morning. Said he was ready to get to the facility and start working at 5:30 am.
Quote:
This is so random and fitting of these two: @Sonic99_SC met @antoniosmith94 just randomly at a restaurant. Got some advice.
Quote:
Talked to Brennan Williams said he is looking forward to working with Duane Brown and learn from one of the best in the game.
Quote:
I wondered if Klein could catch up and after a average day two.l, he really threw some NFL type passes. Still work to be done.
More good news.

Quote:
Hopkins and Swearinger are ready to contribute now. Already handle themselves as professionals.
Quote:
Gary Kubiak on DeAndre Hopkins: "He's special. Ball skills are extremely special. He's gonna help us early."
Quote:
Alan Bonner improved over the three days. Went deep past a defender and caught a pretty ball down the sideline from Klein.
Quote:
Kubiak said all the running backs in this camp impressed him. Decisions on who makes the team will depend a lot on special teams.
Quote:
One player to watch is ILB Cameron Collins. Put on some good weight and is 6-2 241 lbs. Was on the 53 man roster last season.
Quote:
I think Klein did enough to be offered a contract. I was down on him early but he put it together.
Quote:
More Gary Kubiak on QB Collin Klein: "To watch how far the guy came in 2 and 1/2 days, probably had his best day today, It was impressive."
Quote:
Supernaw said that catching balls from Keenum is just like catching balls from Yates or Schaub. He's grown that much. #texans #texanstalk
That's high praise.

Quote:
Offseason workout did wonders for Phillip Supernaw. Big TE and looking forward to him at camp. IR last season bc if foot injury.
Quote:
Was also impressed with Case Keenum and far he has come over the offseason. Will get a better gauge of his progress in camp.
Quote:
Montgomery said that its great having HS teammate D.J. Swearinger on #texans. Tells him to run faster and jump higher.
If anyone doubted Montgomery's work ethic he's proving that that was a non-issue. Good work front office! Regardless, it doesn't look like Swearinger would let him slack off.

Quote:
It's only been three days but I'd be shocked if DeAndre Hopkins isn't starting the first game of the season. He's ready now.
Quote:
Collin Klein started off incredibly rusty and got a little better. He still has a long road ahead of him to be a QB in the NFL.
Quote:
D.J. Swearinger is a fun guy. He's loud, he's competitive and he has fun playing football. He'll be a favorite of Texans fans.
Quote:
To me, Cierre Wood and Dennis Johnson stood out among the UDFA running backs at camp. I think one of them will make the 53-man.
Quote:
Stephen McGee has his work cut out for him to take the No. 3 job from Case Keenum. The team likes him and he looked good.
Quote:
my sleeper player at camp was OLB Willie Jefferson from Stephen F. Austin. Still learning OLB but has size & potential.
Quote:
Interested to see if the Texans keep all 23 UDFAs they sign. This class of UDFAs was a nice group.
Quote:
Gary Kubiak continues to like what he sees in rookie WR Alan Bonner. "His best day this morning. A ton of ability."
Quote:
One thing I like about Hopkins is that he asks questions. He stopped a WR drill to make sure he understood what Coach Kirksey was wanting.
Quote:
Gary Kubiak concluded today's minicamp media session by wishing everyone a Happy Mother's Day.
@DrewDougherty ^ V

Quote:
"Tremendous speed. He can really run."--Kubiak today on #UConn OLB Trevardo Williams
Quote:
Rookie wide receivers Alec Lemon and Andy Cruse seem to catch everything. Lemon had a nice day 3.
Quote:
"He’s a very old-school coach. I can say that. He’s a great guy. He’s very straight-forward." - Chris Jones on D-Line coach Kollar
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-12-2013   #128
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Fantastic job, Nate.
Thanks!
Old 05-12-2013   #129
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Nope, it wouldn't surprise me all that much, but I doubt it will happen.

I think KMart will take the next step up.

Hopefully, both of them will be able to contribute.

I still like to see if Jeff Maehl can bring some thing to the table.
Old 05-12-2013   #130
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
Kick ass pic!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013   #131
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this will be one if the most competitive camps for us ever. I expect to see at least two guys that were on the team last year get cut or lose their spot on the depth chart. I think just about every position group on the team is going to have some interesting battles going on.

Some of these incumbents are going to gave to step their games up.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013   #132
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
From what I remember, Martin impressed early in OTAs last season. He became a pro quick. He got on the field early & contributed early. Then he hit the rookie wall.

If Martin continues to progress, that's just that much more Bonner would have to overcome.

However, I don't see KMartin as a YAC guy. At best he can be our new David Anderson. If Bonner can be as dependable as David Anderson & pick up some extra yards.... yeah I could see Bonner overtake Martin.

However, I hope our WR roles aren't as defined as they were in the past, where LeStar backs up Hopkins and Martin & Bonner play the slot. I'd like to see Andre, LeStar, & DeAndre together often.
Old 05-13-2013   #133
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Martin was afraid of contact from NFL defenders IMO. He looked fine operating outside eRly on, but when they tried to put him in the slot and had him running routes across the middle through traffic he got got gator arms.

Dude dropped the ball too much. He needs to take a gigantic step because based on last year he looked pretty awful.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013   #134
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 55166 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Martin was afraid of contact from NFL defenders IMO. He looked fine operating outside eRly on, but when they tried to put him in the slot and had him running routes across the middle through traffic he got got gator arms.

Dude dropped the ball too much. He needs to take a gigantic step because based on last year he looked pretty awful.
This is how I remember it, also.
Old 05-13-2013   #135
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Yep ... that's the first major hurdle ... how fast you get up after getting smacked .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read