Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-28-2005   #21
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

No way Billy Miller starts next season- unless the position is ravaged by injuries. I'd actually be surprised if he makes the team this year. With Bruener, Murphy, and Rivers, I think he'll be left out unless an injury happens. God bless him, but he's just too much of a liability as a blocker to also lack explosiveness as a receiver.
dalemurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #22
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
Do you think we can clean up all these run-on sentences?
haha priceless.....
Old 06-28-2005   #23
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
No way Billy Miller starts next season- unless the position is ravaged by injuries. I'd actually be surprised if he makes the team this year. With Bruener, Murphy, and Rivers, I think he'll be left out unless an injury happens. God bless him, but he's just too much of a liability as a blocker to also lack explosiveness as a receiver.
murphy? considering murphy hasnt started.....ever i dont think he'll beat out billy miller. Bruener cant catch so hes to much of a liability if hes open and rivers.....never watched him play.
Old 06-28-2005   #24
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

well i have a feeling that we will strike a deal with ross verba. i dont know alot about him. i know that he was the starting LT in cleveland, but i dont know how good he is. anybody know a thing or 2 about him?? i wouldnt mind having pitts at LT. if he doesnt commit alot of penalties at LT, then i think he is pro bowl caliber. he literally manhandled some of the top DE's in the NFL, like jason taylor. he didnt commit too many penalties at LG last yr, so if he is our LT this yr, hopefully being at LT wont be the difference in whether or not he commits alot of penalties. i have a feeling that derrick armstrong and/or jerome mathis have a chance to overtake jabar gaffney for the 2nd reciever spot. but its not like i would really mind. we probably have the most talented and most underrated WR core in the NFL. not many teams can say that they have 5 legitimate WRs on their team. we have andre the giant, gaffney, armstrong, mathis, and bradford.
Old 06-28-2005   #25
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC
well i have a feeling that we will strike a deal with ross verba. he literally manhandled some of the top DE's in the NFL, like jason taylor.
So did C. Pitts in season #2, and we demoted him, for now.
Old 06-28-2005   #26
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So did C. Pitts in season #2, and we demoted him, for now.
huh? We haven't demoted Pitts. Where do you get that from?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #27
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
huh? We haven't demoted Pitts. Where do you get that from?
Ask him where he'd rather be. He'll say LT, not LG.
Oh, wait a minute. He's already been asked that and answered it. On the the Texans website (Texans Internet TV) no less.
So using the term "demoted" is my opinion on how he feels. Not to mention that most (not all) fans that understand the game realize that LT is more important than LG.
Before you pull out the Marco Rivera card or the Mark Wahle card on me, I do understand that LG is very important. All the way to the point that some LG's make their battery mate @ LT look better due to their strong play. See the 2 aforementioned names.
He hasn't been "demoted" to #2 on the depth chart.
So all in all I made a quick reply without fully explaining myself. My bad.
Sponsored links
Old 06-28-2005   #28
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you are reading way too much into mini-camps. Pitts has never played Guard in his life until last season and he struggled in his first year. I'm sure he is more comfy in the LT spot. Moving to the Guard isn't a demotion.....backing up Weigert would be.

Old 06-28-2005   #29
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I think you are reading way too much into mini-camps. Pitts has never played Guard in his life until last season and he struggled in his first year. I'm sure he is more comfy in the LT spot. Moving to the Guard isn't a demotion.....backing up Weigert would be.
Didn't he play guard @ SD. State?
Old 06-28-2005   #30
Vinny
shiny happy fan

nope.

Old 06-28-2005   #31
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC
well i have a feeling that we will strike a deal with ross verba. i dont know alot about him. i know that he was the starting LT in cleveland, but i dont know how good he is.
How good is Verba? You last line says says it all, he started in Cleveland.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #32
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Didn't he play guard @ SD. State?
Seems to be a pretty big misconception, but he played LT at SD State.

From his bio on the main page.

Quote:
COLLEGE: Didn’t play football until he walked on at SDSU… allowed just one sack in two seasons as Aztecs’ starting left tackle…started all 11 games at “quick” tackle in 2001…did not allow a sack while registering 108 knockdowns on 762 snaps…earned first-team All-Mountain West Conference honors and third-team All-America accolades…helped offense average 323.1 yards per contest…finished with 11 blocks that resulted in Aztec TDs…started nine games at “quick” tackle in 2000…yielded just one sack and graded out at 83 percent…posted 60 knockdowns, helping offense average 305 yards per game…graded out at 96 percent at Arizona State in first career start…played in one game in 1999, lining up for 30 snaps against Kansas…joined the team as a walk-on in 1998…saw action on the scout team.…majored in public administration
Link
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #33
HardCoreTxn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HardCoreTxn Send a message via MSN to HardCoreTxn Send a message via Yahoo to HardCoreTxn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
I agree, I dont think Miller will make the team, I am hoping Murphy gets the job, I'll bet we see alot of Murphy on Saturday
Old 08-25-2005   #34
texanfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16
murphy? considering murphy hasnt started.....ever i dont think he'll beat out billy miller. Bruener cant catch so hes to much of a liability if hes open and rivers.....never watched him play.
Well, he has started both preseason games. Eventhough Bruener hasn't been playing in the preseason games, he is still starting before Miller.

"We hear that Matt Murphy has established himself as Houston’s second-string tight end, leaving Billy Miller’s future with the team somewhat in doubt. Miller is a good pass catcher, but his blocking remains a problem, and he has been bothered by an ankle injury in the preseason."
- a quote from pro football weekly
texanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #35
SESupergenius

Miller will make the team, even if he is 3rd on the depth chart. Bruener has a history of injuries so he's not all that durable so Miller will be needed.
Old 08-25-2005   #36
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I am super excited to see our offense this year. I think we will make huge strides, and leapfrog over alot of teams in offensive yards, points, ect.

I just feel that The offense finally has had time to, i hate to use the word...gel, but they have the same starting 11. I think Carr will show the most improved numbers.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #37
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"PRO: Selected by the Bills with the fourth overall pick in the 2002 Draft after, in order, QB David Carr (Houston), DE Julius Peppers (Carolina), and QB Joey Harrington (Detroit)…was Buffalo's highest draft pick since Bruce Smith (#1 overall in 1985)…was the first offensive lineman selected."
http://www.buffalobills.com/team/pla...layer_id=47127
Here's another example of how tough it is to find a player than can make as
your LT. This Texas grad taken by the Bills in our teams first year was #4 overall, but is now their RT and not LT. Sounds alot like Gallery who was taken #2 overall last year, but is still not the Raiders LT as like Williams is
playing RT. That's a huge price to pay for an OL, especially when he's not
over there on the weakside.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read