Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-09-2013   #41
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Mario Williams sues ex-fiancee for $785,000 ring"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I do not perceive anyone trying to spend his money. And even if they were, I'm not sure what is so amazing about it. But that's just me.

And yes, it is his dough and his right to spend it however he wants to spend it.

That being said, we are also free to express our opinions on how many of us perceive he foolishly spends that money.
Unless you're making that type of money you don't know what foolish is. I'm sure there are people out there that would think the same about you buying fast food, coffee, new tv, etc...it's all about perception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013   #42
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Unless you're making that type of money you don't know what foolish is. I'm sure there are people out there that would think the same about you buying fast food, coffee, new tv, etc...it's all about perception.
Of course it's about perception. Most things we talk about on this forum are about perceptions.

As far as me not knowing what foolish is, that is your perception. Perhaps I should be amazed that anyone would try to put thoughts into someone else's head just as you seem to be easily amazed when people try to spend someone else's money. But it does not amaze me. I just don't care.

Foolish is defined as lacking good sense or lacking good judgment. You are free to think whatever you want, just like I am free to do the same. And in my own perception, $785,000 for a freakin' ring is foolish regardless of your wealth. Obviously and always, JMO.
Old 05-09-2013   #43
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Of course it's about perception. Most things we talk about on this forum are about perceptions.

As far as me not knowing what foolish is, that is your perception. Perhaps I should be amazed that anyone would try to put thoughts into someone else's head just as you seem to be easily amazed when people try to spend someone else's money. But it does not amaze me. I just don't care.

Foolish is defined as lacking good sense or lacking good judgment. You are free to think whatever you want, just like I am free to do the same. And in my own perception, $785,000 for a freakin' ring is foolish regardless of your wealth. Obviously and always, JMO.
Obviously you do care since you decided to quote me twice and have chosen to keep this ridiculous conversation going. As you said...JMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013   #44
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 11106 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

Besides the law side of this is anyone wondering why Super Man got dumped. Dude is a mountain, rich, famous, all the thing those trophy girls like in a man. Maybe he is all out of proportion, ha ha, but his gardener could fix that problem when he is off pretending to play football in other cities. Hmmmm
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013   #45
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Does the father get to keep the three goats, myrrh, and bushels of grain?
Old 05-09-2013   #46
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

How screwed up in your head do you have to be to think you can keep an engagement ring after you called off the wedding?

She cray cray.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013   #47
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Obviously you do care since you decided to quote me twice and have chosen to keep this ridiculous conversation going. As you said...JMO.
Make it a third time...

Old 05-10-2013   #48
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

1. He should get the ring back that comes with a hefty unrealized loss

2. It's not nearly as bad of a financial mistake as some here are making it out to be on a percentage basis

3. The hate for Mario is so overdone its unreal
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013   #49
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally just have an issue with anyone spending that much on a piece of jewelry. Maybe, percentage-wise, it's not as dumb as I'd like to believe, but it still irks me. It also bothers me even more that so many women, when they actually have a choice, just always have to have more, More, MORE. Next, it'll be some woman with a $1,785,000 ring; and then her sister will need a $11,785,000 ring.

Whatever. I won't care as soon as I leave this thre...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013   #50
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
This board seems to have a trend on hating former players, even if they were cut or traded against their will.

The Jacoby hate I can understand. Mario hate? Eric Winston hate? It is about as old as the VY and Reggie hate.
To be fair, plenty were hating on Mario while he was a Texan.
Old 05-12-2013   #51
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

some people never liked Mario even when he was a Texans felt he lacked effort and a high motor ....also the Looked like tarzan plays like Jane
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013   #52
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

The person who broke off the engagement needs to give up the ring. Now they just need to figure out which one it was.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013   #53
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
This board seems to have a trend on hating former players, even if they were cut or traded against their will.

The Jacoby hate I can understand. Mario hate? Eric Winston hate? It is about as old as the VY and Reggie hate.
Let me help you with this.

MW didn't put in the time to improve and when 2 different DL coaches tried to push MW, there were summmarily fired after the seaon was over. (Nobody should ask MW to worharder/learn new things regarding his craft.)

Winston is a confirmed clubhouse lawyer, who puts trying to set himself up with a career in the media after his career in football is over ahead of putting in the work neccessary to improve his game, so that he doesn't get his QB nearly decapitared 1-2 a game. When his QB does get hurt (Cassell) do to his failure to do his job properly, he deflects blame by talking about how unfair the fans are to the fallen QB. This is the definition of a clubhouse lawyer.

Good riddance to both Mario and Winston. You will never win a Lombardi with these type of guys on your roster. No matter how talented they may be.

Speaking of winning a Lombardi, do you fansout there feel as hough the Texans upper level management has done everthing they possibly could to try to win a SB over the yrs?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013   #54
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Good post! If the former fiancee' stayed in the relationship long enough to gain Mario's trust, and dump him after getting more than a million dollars through gifts and engagement ring, he could thank her for being so short sighted. Imagine a million dollar wedding at his expense, two kids in two years, salary he earned the two or three years married, could have cost at least ten times more. He should probably consider the gifts the cost of tuition to the university of hard knocks, but he should get the ring back if she still has it. If not she should be indebted to him until the cost is paid in full.
(cue O-Jays) Money money money money.....MONEY!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013   #55
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm so glad the diva Williams is gone. His ex-fiance's lawyer is going to make a complete fool out of him as he has now released text messages from Mario claiming to have suicidal thoughts after his ex refused to speak to him. He was better off letting her have the ring because now he's looking like a head case & still may lose the ring in the process. It's a shame he has resorted to those type of thoughts & claiming to OD on drugs to do it is something that the NFL might take notice of as well. That obviously will not help his situation. It might be time to cut the loses & move on, but you would think he would've thought of all this before pushing the issue. Buffalo's problem now.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013   #56
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
I'm so glad the diva Williams is gone. His ex-fiance's lawyer is going to make a complete fool out of him as he has now released text messages from Mario claiming to have suicidal thoughts after his ex refused to speak to him. He was better off letting her have the ring because now he's looking like a head case & still may lose the ring in the process. It's a shame he has resorted to those type of thoughts & claiming to OD on drugs to do it is something that the NFL might take notice of as well. That obviously will not help his situation. It might be time to cut the loses & move on, but you would think he would've thought of all this before pushing the issue. Buffalo's problem now.
She is a money hungry POS, IMO. He may or may not have mental issues but for her to pull all of this crap, throwing all his dirty laundry out there, shows her true colors. I hope he gets the ring back and she has tons of legal fees afterwards, would serve her right.
Old 05-18-2013   #57
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Be careful what you ask for, Mario...
Quote:
[Her attorney], however, countered that Williams broke the engagement at least five times and made the final decision to end marriage plans. He also said Williams lied when he said in the suit that he gave Marzouki an American Express card on which she charged $108,000 in personal expenses. Most of those expenses, Buzbee said, were for expenses at Williams’ homes.
Quote:
Friday, [her attorney] released a three-page series of text messages sent to Marzouki’s mobile phone in which Williams wrote on Nov. 11, “I took 3 hydrocodones this morning and no one knows” and “I’m going to take 2 more on the plane and fade away.” He also texted “No money in the world should leave me with suicidal thoughts.”

In a message on the same day, Marzouki replied, “You told me you’re having suicidal thoughts. Clearly me & you don’t need to talk after every mean thing you said to be, but I’m going to tell DD to call you or something BC you went above and beyond saying suicidal thoughts, taking pills. Someone that you trust needs to intervene.”
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...idal-thoughts/
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013   #58
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329810 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
She is a money hungry POS, IMO. He may or may not have mental issues but for her to pull all of this crap, throwing all his dirty laundry out there, shows her true colors. I hope he gets the ring back and she has tons of legal fees afterwards, would serve her right.
The lawyer is building a loser of a case. Put these two positions together:

1) He was a suicidal, drug abusing nut-job.

2) She still wanted to marry him.

That's real convincing.
Old 05-18-2013   #59
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The lawyer is building a loser of a case. Put these two positions together:

1) He was a suicidal, drug abusing nut-job.

2) She still wanted to marry him.

That's real convincing.
I hear ya.

then again, if this goes before a jury populated with like-minded <ahem> "ladies"... this could end badly for Mario.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013   #60
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

The only thing that the lawyer is proving by releasing this info is that Mario was sprung. He was so in love that he wasn't thinking straight. I'm not really familiar with the law, but I'm not quite sure how releasing this helps her.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read