Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #341
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 402463 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hard knocks baby!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Watt (this is not a knock, I like that he is thoughtfully doin it) very consciously gets every hit in he thinks he can get away with. You can see the little gears start spinning in his head when the balls leaves on whether he should go ahead and hit. He's playing the line hard.
Yeah, 5 of his 8 team-leading penalties were either roughing the passer or roughing the kicker.
Step back from that line J.J.... just a toe. I don't want to lose you to a flag-happy ref.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #342
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116988 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Yeah, 5 of his 8 team-leading penalties were either roughing the passer or roughing the kicker.
Step back from that line J.J.... just a toe. I don't want to lose you to a flag-happy ref.
I think he got away with way more borderline late hits than he got penalized for. I'm fine with what he's doing. Maybe get 15 yds once every other game, but get 3-4 hits in each game that make the QB think twice and spend that extra fraction of a second wondering where JJ is.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #343
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35803 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
I think he got away with way more borderline late hits than he got penalized for. I'm fine with what he's doing. Maybe get 15 yds once every other game, but get 3-4 hits in each game that make the QB think twice and spend that extra fraction of a second wondering where JJ is.
I never understand why when we play the Colts, especially at Indianapolis. the referees will call a ticky tack personal foul on J.J. Watt for a helmet-to-helmet hit on the quarterback (replays show it wasn't even high enough) when we're in position to beat them which changes the momentum.

But flip the script when the Colts defensive player gets a low hit or a cheap shot and late hit (way later and dirtier than Watt's) on our quarterback nothing is called when we're also in position to tie or beat them. It's like the zebras are helping the Colts remain undefeated against us at Indy. 0-13 all-time going into 2015 but we had them on the ropes at least twice there. Actually three times in fact.

Don't officiate any differently toward J.J. Watt, arguably the greatest defensive player in NFL history at the pace he's playing at, compared to any random scrub defensive player on the Colts. If anything Watt should get the benefit of the doubt and not the other way around.

I bet if somebody had the time and went back to gather game footage of the last handful of games the Texans played at Indianapolis, especially in Watt's career as a Texan, they can find some legitimate evidence to send the league to see some one-sided and unfair officiating.
Bulls on Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #344
Lucky

Rep Power: 299114 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
But flip the script when the Colts defensive player gets a low hit or a cheap shot and late hit (way later and dirtier than Watt's) on our quarterback nothing is called...
Not to add to the conspiracy theory, but this reminds me of the leg whip Fitz received in the last Colts game. Where in the photo you could see a ref looking at the play in clear sight. No whistle. No fine on the guy who did the tripping (Newsome?). Nothing. Did O'Brien ever address this? It's stuff like this that feeds this kind of conspiracy ideas.

BTW, the Colts are bunch of punks. Not even beating the Cowgirls could bring me more joy than kicking Indy's arse.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #345
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116581 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
I never understand why when we play the Colts, especially at Indianapolis. the referees will call a ticky tack personal foul on J.J. Watt for a helmet-to-helmet hit on the quarterback (replays show it wasn't even high enough) when we're in position to beat them which changes the momentum.

But flip the script when the Colts defensive player gets a low hit or a cheap shot and late hit (way later and dirtier than Watt's) on our quarterback nothing is called when we're also in position to tie or beat them. It's like the zebras are helping the Colts remain undefeated against us at Indy. 0-13 all-time going into 2015 but we had them on the ropes at least twice there. Actually three times in fact.

Don't officiate any differently toward J.J. Watt, arguably the greatest defensive player in NFL history at the pace he's playing at, compared to any random scrub defensive player on the Colts. If anything Watt should get the benefit of the doubt and not the other way around.

I bet if somebody had the time and went back to gather game footage of the last handful of games the Texans played at Indianapolis, especially in Watt's career as a Texan, they can find some legitimate evidence to send the league to see some one-sided and unfair officiating.
Reporting unfair practices to the Originator seldom result in punitive action.

Luke 23:34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read