Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-17-2014   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Thursday Night Football

49ers shut out by the Broncos, 34-0
Old 08-17-2014   #22
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Broncos looked good in the game I saw last week.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014   #23
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
49er nation is probably mutinous.
Old 08-17-2014   #24
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
49er nation is probably mutinous.
and what, pray tell, prompted this mutiny??

I confess that I haven't been paying much attention to them this off-season.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
and what, pray tell, prompted this mutiny??

I confess that I haven't been paying much attention to them this off-season.
He's probably referring to the way we acted after our rookie HC was treated here after a 32-0 loss in his first preseason game... his comment was dripping with sarcasm.
Old 08-18-2014   #26
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's probably referring to the way we acted after our rookie HC was treated here after a 32-0 loss in his first preseason game... his comment was dripping with sarcasm.
well, they have lost both games to the tune of 57 - 3....
just paid their starting QB but haven't given their HC an extension (last I heard)
...sooooo they have lots of topics to ...discuss.
Old 08-22-2014   #27
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Well....raiders fans calling for Schaub to be cut.

I must say, he has looked terrible. Kind of like how he did at the end of 2012 and through all of last year.

I thought the raiders might cut mcgloin, but with Schaub playing like this there is no chance. They know Schaub isn't going to make it through the season. He'll be third string there after while.

Khali Mack has looked good. Caught a nice pick.

Packers have some talent on d. Might be able to get someone they cut.

Rodgers is a beast.
Old 08-23-2014   #28
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Well....raiders fans calling for Schaub to be cut.

I must say, he has looked terrible. Kind of like how he did at the end of 2012 and through all of last year.

I thought the raiders might cut mcgloin, but with Schaub playing like this there is no chance. They know Schaub isn't going to make it through the season. He'll be third string there after while.

Khali Mack has looked good. Caught a nice pick.

Packers have some talent on d. Might be able to get someone they cut.

Rodgers is a beast.
Yeah, I was hoping Schaub was going to look good in pre-season and then fall apart once real bullets started flying and people started blitzing and game-planning him.

But. No dice.

Bye, bye, hopes of Matt McGloin getting picked up.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014   #29
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Garropollo looks damn good man.

I think they are going to cut mallett.

If we were really after Garropollo, pats screwed us. I love how this guy throws the football. His pocket presence is great.

I'm upset he isn't a texan right now. He could easily start here I think.
Old 08-23-2014   #30
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118122 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If we were really after Garropollo, pats screwed us. I love how this guy throws the football. His pocket presence is great.

As usual, BB outsmarts us all.
Old 08-23-2014   #31
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:

When the Pats moved up to get him, that should have told folks he was the pick of the 2014 litter.
Old 08-23-2014   #32
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
When the Pats moved up to get him, that should have told folks he was the pick of the 2014 litter.
Pats are that good in the draft eh?
Old 08-23-2014   #33
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been told Mike Evans looks like a beast in the TB-Buff game so far.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014   #34
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Pats are that good in the draft eh?
Maybe I should have said the pick of the litter for them.
When is the last time Belichick spent a #2 on a QB?
....especially when he has Mallett already.
Old 08-23-2014   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Maybe I should have said the pick of the litter for them.
When is the last time Belichick spent a #2 on a QB?
....especially when he has Mallett already.
Still... when was the last time he cashed in on a 2nd round pick? Why should we think this one is any better than the others... & he might be, I'm just saying Belichick really isn't any kind of standard for blue chip draft picks.

To me, all this, "Bill stuck it to us" talk is just Texans hate. If we're going to say we should have known & could have got Manziel or Bridgewater anytime we wanted... then we should be consistent & acknowledge we had no interest in Garappolo either. OB got the QB he wanted, when he wanted.
Old 08-23-2014   #36
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Still... when was the last time he cashed in on a 2nd round pick? Why should we think this one is any better than the others... & he might be, I'm just saying Belichick really isn't any kind of standard for blue chip draft picks.

To me, all this, "Bill stuck it to us" talk is just Texans hate. If we're going to say we should have known & could have got Manziel or Bridgewater anytime we wanted... then we should be consistent & acknowledge we had no interest in Garappolo either. OB got the QB he wanted, when he wanted.
Oh that's where these questions are coming from...
That has nothing to do with my statement at all.

and as far as cashing in on 2nd rounders...
2013 - Aaron Dobson, Marshall, WR - nearly 40 catches, 500+ yds, and 4 TDs ...in his rookie year
2012 - Tavon Wilson, Illinois, FS - five INTs in his two year career
2011 - Shane Vareen, Cal, RB - currently their starting RB (although he splits time with Ridley)
2010 - Rob Gronkowski, I think you know him....

but I digress.

I just figure he spent a 2nd round pick on Garappolo because he thinks he's more likely to be Brady's successor than Mallett is. Mallett will probably be let go, if not this year, then when his contract expires next year.

Need any more data?
Old 08-23-2014   #37
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Key word in my statement was if...

And I've never acknowledged any of those things. Have no idea who we wanted at draft time besides the guys we picked. I know we wanted them.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read