Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2014   #3841
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47206 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I didn't a word about Manziel. Get your facts straight before putting words in my mouth. I didn't want Clowney. I hate lazy Dlineman and selfish players that aren't about the team. The Texans wanted to trade the pick so badly, but ended up caving to the hype and the allure of the guy who got a whopping 4 sacks that never showed up in big games.

3 sacks. Other than that, your post is right on.
Old 05-10-2014   #3842
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
the evil part of me hopes he gets drafted into the AFC north, lebeau's zone blitz alone would warp his brain and cincinnati's rush 4/drop 7 would be crippling ... if someone (cleveland) tried to start him early.
step 1 complete, he went to the afc north. the hardest hitting division in the AFC, who are each beefing up their defenses in this draft. if he werent such a douche i might feel bad for JFF ... as it stands however, i cant wait to see him get crushed.
Old 05-12-2014   #3843
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

What the Patriots thought of Johnny (allegedly)

Leaked Internal Scouting Report: The Patriots Do Not Like Johnny Manziel

Quote:
Doesn't study the game, said to know about 60% of the offense in '12, never watches film; one source said only time he watched film during '12 was before ALUN
Edit: NM, apparently I'm late to this news.

Last edited by paycheck71; 05-12-2014 at 03:17 PM. Reason: A major fail.
Old 05-12-2014   #3844
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 137288 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Looking to cash in on all that is Johnny Manziel, here we have a local Cleveland company who is apparently selling one of their new ‘artisnal’ juices which just so happens to be called ‘Johnny Apple Manziel’.

Catchy, right?

Chucked full of all the good things your body needs (apparently) the juice claims to help boost digestion, provide pain relief and help with immunity. Shockingly, all things most Cleveland Browns fans needed after watching Brandon Weeden do what Brandon Weeden does.

Complete with green apple, ginger and lemon the organic and vegan drink seems to be catching on, even if only due to its creative marketing name.

Of course, how long the juice is available remains to be seen as I’m sure Mr. Manziel has his lawyers working overtime as everybody attempts to make a dollar off the quarterback enigma. Not sure if going after apple juice is their top priority however. - See more at: http://prosportsdaily.com/articles/l....pzpPrIOu.dpuf
http://prosportsdaily.com/articles/l...ce-304354.html
Old 07-01-2014   #3845
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
SAN ANTONIO - Johnny Manziel and Justin Bieber, two guys people love to hate, partied together in Los Angeles at Bieber's home Monday night until the cops showed up - twice.

The two headline-seeking fledglings shared photos of themselves and other celebs, including boxer Floyd Mayweather, rapper Tyga and actor Tyrese Gibson, partying at Bieber's new condo in Beverly Hills on social media Monday night. Bieber is 20 and Manziel, from Kerrville, is 21.
http://www.chron.com/news/local/arti...id=rrhoustontx
I dunno, but probably wouldn't have been an ideal fit in BOBs football team ? So BOB is still probably feeling OK about not drafting JF.
Old 07-01-2014   #3846
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

We do not have social media days in Htown. sigh
Old 07-03-2014   #3847
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
the maturity of a hamster.
Old 07-03-2014   #3848
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Manziel is 21 yrs old. How many of y'all were mature at 21 yrs old? Are y'all sure that y'all aren't jealous that y'all weren't able to be able to live the life JM's living at 21?

BTW, I didn't want the Texans to draft Manziel. I don't think his game is going to translate. But I don't hold HIS lifestyle against him. I'm a to each his own kinda guy. I hope the Texans kick the crap out of the Manziel lead Browns this yr.
Old 07-03-2014   #3849
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Manziel is 21 yrs old. How many of y'all were mature at 21 yrs old? Are y'all sure that y'all aren't jealous that y'all weren't able to be able to live the life JM's living at 21?

BTW, I didn't want the Texans to draft Manziel. I don't think his game is going to translate. But I don't hold HIS lifestyle against him. I'm a to each his own kinda guy. I hope the Texans kick the crap out of the Manziel lead Browns this yr.
At 21 years old, we tended to do some things that we wouldn't do when we became older. Even so, most of us showed "growth" leading up to that landmark age. But we also weren't drafted as a high pick into the NFL with high hopes of being a top QB with all eyes upon us, trying to gain the respect of our teammates (especially older vets), fans and the people that pay our checks. Whether some people are prepared to admit it or not, maturity level will factor heavily into level of confidence all of those entities have or don't have in his ability to lead, their support of him, and the opportunities that they open up or close up for him . The bottom line is that he is getting as poor guidance today as he did by his parents when he was growing up at home...........and he has no more insight today at 21 than he had at 13.
Old 07-03-2014   #3850
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm sure Manziel greatly appreciates your rush to his defense. He might even let you kiss his ring.

Some of us would like to see more about players that have actually, you know, played a down of pro football before the media saturation. Maybe even proved themselves as worthy of the attention based on on-field accomplishments.

He's an attention whore. He's branded himself and is actively pushing that brand at every available opportunity. He's probably doing it because he knows that right now could be the height of his popularity. Folks will not be so quick to buy into a brand that ends up as a bust, which is a real possibility with this player.

So are we to assume that you are extremely jealous of Bob McNair because of your constant negative comments about the man? By your own stated standards you could be perceived this way.
Old 07-03-2014   #3851
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
At 21 years old, we tended to do some things that we wouldn't do when we became older. Even so, most of us showed "growth" leading up to that landmark age. But we also weren't drafted as a high pick into the NFL with high hopes of being a top QB with all eyes upon us, trying to gain the respect of our teammates (especially older vets), fans and the people that pay our checks. Whether some people are prepared to admit it or not, maturity level will factor heavily into level of confidence all of those entities have or don't have in his ability to lead, their support of him, and the opportunities that they open up or close up for him . The bottom line is that he is getting as poor guidance today as he did by his parents when he was growing up at home...........and he has no more insight today at 21 than he had at 13.
True

But if he tears it up on the field next yr and as I said before I don't think he will ever amount to much more than a slightly above avg QB at best, all of his antics/partying will be embraced.

If he does well he will be the NFL's new Layne/Namath with unlimited marketing possibilities. These same things were said about Manziel when he came out of high school about his game translating to college. I like Manziel's brashness and if he plays well the rest of the Browns will follow his lead.

Like I said above I don't think it's going to happen for JM in the NFL, but it should be a fun ride figuring it out. I actually hope I'm wrong and JM succeeds. It would be great for the NFL.
Old 07-05-2014   #3852
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
True

But if he tears it up on the field next yr and as I said before I don't think he will ever amount to much more than a slightly above avg QB at best, all of his antics/partying will be embraced.

If he does well he will be the NFL's new Layne/Namath with unlimited marketing possibilities. These same things were said about Manziel when he came out of high school about his game translating to college. I like Manziel's brashness and if he plays well the rest of the Browns will follow his lead.

Like I said above I don't think it's going to happen for JM in the NFL, but it should be a fun ride figuring it out. I actually hope I'm wrong and JM succeeds. It would be great for the NFL.
I don't understand the "new Namath" comments that I have seen on this board several times. Layne played in the 50s and Namath in the 60s and 70s. I don't think people will embrace this type of persona today, especially with 24/7 media.
Old 07-06-2014   #3853
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
True

I don't see how a spoiled brat becoming a NFL success is really going to be great for the NFL. I personally like the stories of kids who had it rough, the ones who faced adversity and work their asses off to make it. Like the movie "Blindside", those are inspiring.

On the other hand i don't find a kid who was spoon fed by his parents, charged for his autograph in college, and has to always make a fool of himself inspiring. Just my opinion of course.
Old 07-06-2014   #3854
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 18057 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

He's not asking TMZ to follow him all over the place. He is enjoying himself and i'm fine with that.

I do think that if he planned on continuing this lifestyle though that he probably should have stayed in school 1 more year.
Old 07-07-2014   #3855
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

http://bustedcoverage.com/2014/07/06...nd+Football%29
Old 07-07-2014   #3856
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 139289 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
What a dumbass. League test incoming...
Old 07-07-2014   #3857
pissknocker
Veteran

Rep Power: 969 pissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respected

Loser this guy will be worse than Gordon I put money on that
Old 07-07-2014   #3858
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 137288 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow...just went to a browns board and I was surprised that so many posters were already tired of manziel and predicting that he'd set the franchise back.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read