Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-20-2014   #581
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win in 2014" -Marshall Faulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Yeah, it is. But, so is dragging Schaub's entire career into the conversation of what he has become, post injury. Matt Schaub 2013 was not Matt Schaub 2011. And there's absolutely no reason to believe Matt Schaub 2011 will ever return. There's a lot of "wrong" going on in this thread.
I didn't.

I only objected to someone saying that Schaub has always been a horrible QB. Is he good now? No, he's not. Should he stay? Hell, no. I want him gone.

But that's no reason to say he's never accomplished anything or never been capable of accomplishing anything.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #582
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 2723 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win in 2014" -Marshall Faulk

I feel like we've gotten value out of Schaub since he's been here...career 64% passer is good. I don't agree with Marshall Faulk. I don't think last year was an aberration. I think Matt's game has been deteriorating for a number of years now. I think his best years are behind him. If it isn't time to move on, it will be shortly and I don't know why we should tarry.

Fitzpatrick, is right around 60% career passer. He fumbles and throws interceptions too often. He's smart, aced the Wonderlich (sp?) test...Harvard grad, 1st to play in NFL at QB?? I think his durability is better than Schaub's and I think in a new offense there isn't going to be much difference.

I hope this all means we are going to go with a QB with the 1st pick and I hope it's Bortles. I like TB and I like JM, but I'm scared to death of the potential for the two of them to be injury prone and I think size, current skill set, improvement since end of season, likelihood to develop, and fit for O'Brien's beliefs, not his system per se, is a better fit for Bortles.

I hope Fitz starts the season and Bortles comes in mid year somewhere. I think we should go QB over defense because I feel more secure in O'Briend using the pick and getting a QB to groom while he installs his offense and game plans as opposed to Romeo using the pick for defense. I just think the offense is going to get more value out of the pick because of who the options are and how they fit the offense in contrast to the defensive options and how they fit.

Finally, there's ALOT of retooling to do. Could this be a playoff year? I think there's that chance but I think it's an extreme. Could this be an average team? Yes, but I think that's also an extreme....I think there's greatest potential that they'll get this ship turned enough to go around the iceberg and keep chugging!

...oh, and the 4mil guaranteed on the 2yr Fitz contract isn't breaking the bank.
Old 03-20-2014   #583
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 233844 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
2 years, $7.5 million, $ 4million guaranteed is not putting this team in "cap hell". That damage was done with a contract extension to a QB coming off a major injury, sight unseen. That had to be a group decision, involving Kubiak, Smith, and McNair, with plenty of advice from team physicians. To my knowledge, only one of them lost their job.
From an accounting viewpoint if you're 10.5 mil in the hole and you spend 7.5 more (or whatever the hit is this year) how are you not in deeper?

And while I disagree with the group decision assertion by the Gang of Three, there's no point arguing that since it's unlikely that we fans will ever know the complete truth.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #584
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
From an accounting viewpoint if you're 10.5 mil in the hole and you spend 7.5 more (or whatever the hit is this year) how are you not in deeper?
That's $7.5 over 2 years. And I'm not sure what $10.5 mil in the hole you are referring to? If you're suggesting that it would have been cheaper to keep Schaub rather than cut/trade him and sign Fitz, then you're wrong. But, I'm not exactly sure what you're saying.
Old 03-21-2014   #585
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

According to @RossTuckerNFL, the Raiders will pay Matt Schaub $11M and he will start. I wish Matt the best. Now let’s move on.
@lancezierlein
Old 03-21-2014   #586
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
According to @RossTuckerNFL, the Raiders will pay Matt Schaub $11M and he will start. I wish Matt the best. Now let’s move on.
@lancezierlein

Mods lock this thread down because it is now a moot point...

Man, it's great to be alive!

My work here is done....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #587
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like Marshall Faulk was right after all. I feel confident we'll beat the Raiders this year.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-21-2014   #588
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
@lancezierlein
wishful thinking

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #589
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post

My work here is done....
Well look who's running sht on TT.com now.

Must be a multimillion dollar contributor.
Old 03-21-2014   #590
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Well look who's running sht on TT.com now.

Must be a multimillion dollar contributor.
naw just a suggestion...

or is it?
Old 03-21-2014   #591
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Deleted due to excess of Drivel

sorry not into reading drivel and I won't have to again. This is the last time I view any of your post....

Say since your boyfriend is not about to be a Raider, are you going to troll Da' Raidas board about how "great" Matt Schaub is?

No what, don't answer that cause I AIN'T GONNA READ IT!!!!

toodles....
Old 03-21-2014   #592
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45123 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
toodles....
even Mike Sam thinks that's gay ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #593
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

sorry not into reading drivel and I won't have to again. This is the last time I view any of your post....

Say since your boyfriend is not about to be a Raider, are you going to troll Da' Raidas board about how "great" Matt Schaub is?

No what, don't answer that cause I AIN'T GONNA READ IT!!!!

toodles....
Glad you were able to tell everybody about how you're not going to read somebody's posts on a message board rather than just silently using the ignore feature of the forums.

Do you normally go back over your posts with a slightly gratified smile as you re-read yourself owning chumps?
Old 03-21-2014   #594
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 86161 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Glad you were able to tell everybody about how you're not going to read somebody's posts on a message board rather than just silently using the ignore feature of the forums.

Do you normally go back over your posts with a slightly gratified smile as you re-read yourself owning chumps?
Pay no attention to him anyway, he said he was not going to read my posts before, but he did, just like I said he would because he loves to hear himself talk. As far as the "Owning Chumps" comments go, I guess that is a matter of perspective, but at least I know where you stand now.

It seems a little premature also, didn't those same sources say we were interested in Mallett, Cassell, but instead end up with Fitzpatrick? "lol" How did that go again?

Then they were saying the only reason the Texans had not cut Schaub yet to protect their intentions in the draft, and I would say IF this trade goes through, so much for those opinions.

Make no mistake he will read it, and he will reply because he has a mental disorder called megalomaniac. Every second that goes by and Schaub is still around wiggles around under this guys skin, and he has been posting dancing memes for days now, but Schaub is still a Texan.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #595
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
even Mike Sam thinks that's gay ...
Taking time from planning Fred Phelps burial to drop a comment. What's it like to be on the losing side?
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #596
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

My work here is done....
Thank you sir! This gif describes exactly how I feel!
Old 03-21-2014   #597
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I can see what BOB's opinion of Marshall Falk is.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014   #598
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

So it seems obvious to me that what Marshall Faulk meant to say was that "Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win against the Raiders in 2014" right?
Old 03-23-2014   #599
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
So it seems obvious to me that what Marshall Faulk meant to say was that "Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win against the Raiders in 2014" right?
lol
msr
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014   #600
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win in 2014" -Marshall Faulk
Seeing as how we play the Raiders this year, I think Faulk's comment is still accurate.

Edit: Damn. Someone beat me to it...
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read