Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-22-2014   #21
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mike Vick "I revolutionized game"

O sells tickets. D wins championships
ATXtexanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014   #22
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Maybe it's you who doesn't know what the word means....The word doesn't just conform to your narrow definition of it..

Revolutionize...

transform, alter dramatically, shake up, turn upside down, restructure, [b]reorganize[b], transmute, metamorphose;

revolutionize

break with the past, metamorphose, modernize, reform, revamp, transform

& there's no doubt Vick did some of that to the game.
Ok I'll give you that perhaps Vick did revolutionize the game to a certain degree in the sense of the word as you just defined it. When I think of revolutionizing something I also think 'improving'. Vick didn't do that. There are several players who preceded Vick that could be considered more of a revolutionary type than Vick. I'll add Steve McNair to that list. The guy ran and threw the ball in college like a monster and continued having success with that game in the NFL. Vick is probably the fastest guy to ever play QB in the NFL but to say he revolutionized the game is fantasy.
Old 06-22-2014   #23
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 60634 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Cunningham was the first name to come to mind except Randall actually evolved his game later in his career to become a very good passer which is something Vick has never been. No Vick you were just a flavor of the month ten years ago.
I agree that he revolutionized the game. Never again will an athlete of any significance decide to fight animals like dogs or chickens. It is now unthinkable where before it just wasn't thought about.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014   #24
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91628 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner
. He is probably the worst QB I've ever seen as far as fumbling the football goes.
Commander Cody disagrees

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014   #25
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

At the end of the day, it is the job of the QB to PASS the ball. It is his job to get the ball into the hands of his playmakers, and do so in a calculated, intelligent, and responsible manner. Running all over the field is usually counter to that job. It's good to be able to do it, but give me a guy that wants to pass the ball over a guy that wants to run the ball any day. Watch Russell Wilson play. He's a young guy with some holes still in his game, but you can tell he already has it together mentally. He'll run and convert first downs when he has to, but he'd rather get the ball to his guys out in the field and let them do more with it.

Vick had basically one good year as a quarterback and a few good years as a runner that lined up in the QB position.
Old 06-23-2014   #26
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Cha...Mike. You're a decent QB, but you're just doing a Randal Cunningham impression.Sorry
Dog-boy, but Randal has gone on RECORD saying that the only reason HE ran so much is that his O-line wasn't so great and his receivers frequently couldn't get open.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"

Last edited by Dread-Head; 06-23-2014 at 10:58 AM.
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014   #27
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

If he would've put more time and effort into studying the game earlier in his career he might've been one of the best. But, like others have mentioned, there was Young, Cunningham, etc. that had already been there and done what Vick was able to do.
Old 06-27-2014   #28
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

People talking about Mike Vike as a passer seem to be forgetting he's got one of the biggest cannons the NFL has ever seen. Yeah, he sucks at accuracy but the guy could just flick the ball out 60 yards and it didn't even look hard to do.

He would've been ATL's QB for a lot longer if he had not gone to prison, but, that of course, happened.
Old 06-27-2014   #29
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Fran Tarkenton was scrambling around before Randall or Steve or Vick...
Revolutionized...? what a crock
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014   #30
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

he's the black Bobby Douglass. He's no Virgil Carter however

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read