Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2013   #961
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans "tank" but make it look good?

I do think that this team is talented, just have a coaching staff that is making them look bad. Clean house, get some talented coaching, and get a few good draft picks and we'll be ok.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #962
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Arizona Cardinals. 11/10. 3:25. CBS. **Official Game Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
He certainly doesn't owe you or I anything
Who does BoB owe in your opinion?

Certianly not the fans who made him over a billion dollars over the last decade.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #963
EddyFree
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 EddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
i doubt randy bullock is missing fg's on purpose and risking his career in the nfl just so the texans get a good draft pick
Bullock needs to give the ball up, get in the stands and drink beer/eat popcorn with the rest of us and let Matt Shaub try those field goals!! Couldn't be any worse...
EddyFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #964
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyFree View Post
Bullock needs to give the ball up, get in the stands and drink beer/eat popcorn with the rest of us and let Matt Shaub try those field goals!! Couldn't be any worse...
i bet he was sweating fish grease at the thought of kicking the game tying field goal again.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #965
EddyFree
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 EddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
i bet he was sweating fish grease at the thought of kicking the game tying field goal again.
Actually, *I* was "sweating fish grease" at the thought of him trying any kind of game tying/winning field goal again...
EddyFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #966
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Case didn't win the game for us. So, anybody want Schaub back? Not me. Case, for me, have proven beyond a doubt that he's better than Schaub. Maybe Case will end up being our starter for years to come, maybe he won't. But out of the three QBs on the team, Case is presently our best chance at winning.
I dont't want Schaub to start - I'll get that out of the way first. But at this point in time I feel that we don't yet know if Case is a better NFL QB.

I'm mindful of getting too worked up on Case for a few reasons. Firstly, in he simplest possible terms, Case is fun to watch, Schaub is not. Case is always runnin for his life, holding the ball for as long as possible and trying to extend plays. He is the absolute anti-Schaub in this respect. I'm not saying that either way of playing is better, we all know that the 'sensible' QB methodolgy can work, and we've also seen Eli, who for me has some strong similarities (especially when plays are brwkig down) to Case, get his rings.

Secondly, it is still early. We've seen a guy come in and off the bat, make a ton of plays, get his main playmaker involved in a way we've not seen before. We have also seen him fail to march the team downfield in game ending drives (for whatever reason) repeatedly and has a small fumbling issue.

I don't know if Case is necessarily our best chance of winning, but at this point in time, but I sure hell know which QB is going to keep me watching games in a season which has imploded.

By the end of the season we will have good read on what Case can do for us going forward and plan accordingly.
Old 11-11-2013   #967
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Arizona Cardinals. 11/10. 3:25. CBS. **Official Game Thread**

I think a lot of the "Schaub Hatred", aside from his poor play earlier this year, stems from everyone seeing all these young, exciting, "running", "athletic" QBs doing all sorts of miraculous things and we simply got jealous. We wanted **our** guy to do that too. Our guy was slow, boring, unspectacular.

Just something I thought of while reading about Keenum's entertaining play.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013   #968
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I think a lot of the "Schaub Hatred", aside from his poor play earlier this year, stems from everyone seeing all these young, exciting, "running", "athletic" QBs doing all sorts of miraculous things and we simply got jealous. We wanted **our** guy to do that too. Our guy was slow, boring, unspectacular.

I'm definitely not a Schaub hater & while I do enjoy watching play-making QBs, I was content knowing Schaub's game was "effectively" the same.

Until I saw Andrew Luck force our guys off-sides with his cadence... at Reliant. Then I was like, "I know Schaub's got his limitations, but that's something he should totally be able to do every now & then."

That's when I got envious.
Old 11-11-2013   #969
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post

Keenum may be more entertaining to watch, but it's his TD passes that are putting Schaub in the past. 5 of AJ's 59 career TDs have come in the last 2 games...

So, we have Keenum, AJ, Hopkins, Watt, and an injured Cushing, with Tate playing with 4 broken ribs. That's about it. Everybody else either needs replacing or at least at this point needs to get their head back on straight. One thing Keenum has not accomplished as the QB of this team yet is leadership, to be honest. A lot of this team is still playing like they are fed up with Schaub, when Schaub is not even out on the field.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013   #970
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Who does BoB owe in your opinion?

Certianly not the fans who made him over a billion dollars over the last decade.

Im not sure Bob owes anyone but if he did it would possibly those who work for him. And no despite what you purchased from the Texans you dont deserve anything more than you get now
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013   #971
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 4915 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

One improvement in play calling was that we didn't run on 2nd and 10. The long throw attempts on the last drive seemed unneeded and unwise.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read