Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Thumbs up or down on Jay Prosch at 6.211
Up 45 90.00%
Down 5 10.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2014   #41
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Selection 6.211: Jay Prosch FB

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014   #42
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Man!

And those are "soft hands"? Gotta feeling this cat is going to leave a few, including myself, saying: Vonta Who?

I LOVE this pick!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014   #43
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63407 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

I only saw him catch the ball a couple times, but he looks like he has decent hands. Doesn't look like he fights to catch the ball.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014   #44
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

New HT.com VIDEO on Prosch. He will indeed be our new "Hammer." Amazingly, he never graded out any lower than 92% in blocking in any game he played in.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014   #45
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

for "purists" which i favorably call myself and those who love a hit you in the mouth style of football, i dont think there's anything more beautiful in the game than a dominant fullback. for years tony richardson was my favorite player. leach is another wonder - a big ugly bruiser, but it takes more than willingness to be a great. the fullback has to have eyes everywhere and a 6th sense (or exceptional preparation) for what the defense will do - he's the lead for a reason.

prosch rightly gets a ton of praise for his pure abusiveness. he's going to hit defenders, and hit them, and hit them, and as we saw repeatedly with leach and foster - eventually players will get out of the way or simply accept being bulldozed. what makes him a fullback worth drafting however isnt the violence, it's his reads and understanding. watching his tapes, he can line up the key linebacker or press into a lineman or lead into a safety - taking his assignment and knowing what to do on the fly.

i love a good fullback, and prosch has the makings of a player that can be an impact.
Old 05-23-2014   #46
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Admittedly, I was unaware who he was, so I did some research on Prosch as soon as we drafted him. Tough for a dude to lose his momma.

Oh, the dude's a workoutaholic. Built like a brick ****house

I'll be rooting for this guy

Nice read and a video of Jay getting picked

http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/...7a43b2370.html
Old 05-23-2014   #47
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63407 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
“That’s No. 1 who I wanted to be drafted by for sure,” Jay said. “I would have obviously went anywhere but I really wanted to go to Houston and be a part of the Texans.”

I wonder why that is.

I wish someone would ask him why he wanted to be a Texan so badly.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014   #48
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I wonder why that is.

I wish someone would ask him why he wanted to be a Texan so badly.
From what I've gathered, we spent a lot of time with him. We brought him to Houston too. Maybe he liked everything he saw and heard?
Old 05-23-2014   #49
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
From what I've gathered, we spent a lot of time with him. We brought him to Houston too. Maybe he liked everything he saw and heard?
Yeah, maybe they told him they are committed to more than a 25% of the time FB AND not one who even if really good won't be valued at more than league minimum.
Old 05-23-2014   #50
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Yeah, maybe they told him they are committed to more than a 25% of the time FB AND not one who even if really good won't be valued at more than league minimum.
I think as the Texans are figuring out the QB situation , running the ball will be their best friend . They also won't to get away from the finesse label and that's a start . I see him being like Moose Johnson .
Old 05-23-2014   #51
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jay Prosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post
Blocking is a recurring theme in this draft for us, we even took one of the best blocking tight ends in the third. It seems obvious that the team has accepted that there isn't a great option for us at QB this season, but we're going to make it tough for teams to get to our quarterback.

Plus our defense will be out there to give Fitz as many chances with the football as possible. Gonna need that with all the picks he throws.
Not just for Fitz this season either, next season when we find our QBOTF these guys are going to have a full year under their belts taking the pr essure off our rookie QB.

Every chance that next season won't be pretty, but I see a clear development path towards something very good going forward.

And doing something I've been wanting for a long time, putting a rookie QB in a position to succeed, not simply hoping for an Andrew Luck to come in and make the whole team around him better instantly (especially given there was no Andrew Luck available in this draft).
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014   #52
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Damn, that's a big boy.
Old 05-23-2014   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I think as the Texans are figuring out the QB situation , running the ball will be their best friend . They also won't to get away from the finesse label and that's a start . I see him being like Moose Johnson .
That, or they think we would have won 10-12 games last year with a decent run game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read