Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-11-2008   #1
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Which RB would you start

So which running back would you start and why.

I am having an issue, I have both Slaton and McFadden. Right now I have Slaton starting this week b/c the Raiders are playing the Chargers.

However:

The Chargers no longer have Merriman but its still a divisional game and the Raiders have a slew of backs other than McFadden. But, McFadden didn't look at that great last week and of course, the Raiders suck.

The Texans however are playing the Ravens, anther really good run D.

I have Mendenhall but I just don't see him getting a lot of playing time.

Johnathan Stewart is available in FA but I just don't know how much time he will get in front of Williams.

So anybody got any advice?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which RB would you start

I would start Slaton. I think he will get alot of touches and the texans O will be much better at home. Well, I hope so...
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'd pick up Stewart, and drop Mendenhall.....

Stewart is a hoss.......

Mendenhall will be, but not right now.
Old 09-11-2008   #4
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'd pick up Stewart, and drop Mendenhall.....

Stewart is a hoss.......

Mendenhall will be, but not right now.
Have you seen him play? What is his role as the #2?

Is it more like a 1a 1b situation with him and Williams?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Tough choice but I would go Slaton. I think the Chargers front 7 will take care of the Raiders running game.

But maybe Slaton will get a few reception points for you.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #6
jb66er
Rookie

I would start McFadden or see if Sproles (SD) is avalible.

Sig by Lork88
jb66er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #7
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd go Slaton over McFadden at this point.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2008   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Have you seen him play? What is his role as the #2?

Is it more like a 1a 1b situation with him and Williams?
if Carolina was healthy on the OL I would take Stewart, however LG Travelle Wharton (sprained left knee) & back-up Geoff Hangartner (Illness). McFadden is injured to what degree nobody knows so a healthy Steve Slayton along with OL that will be improved is going to have bigger role in the game plan this week, therefore should get the nod

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read