Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2008   #21
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans VS. Ravens 2008

I cant wait after the win sunday to do a whole bunch or "where are the haters from last week"!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #22
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

The offensive game plan should be single back,te, 3 wr set. Anyone with any sense know that they're not going to let u run on them, but the texans 3 wr plus daniels could take advantage of this over aggressive defense.

On defense, there should be run and pass blitzes. Flacco should never feel confortable in the pocket. All the lb and safeties should be on the los. Some should bail at the snap, some should bring the heat. There should be overload gap blitzes all over forcing to's. If they jump on this team by 10-14 pts, their run game is over and now all the pressure is on the rook. If kubes think they're going to lineup in the beginning and run, they'll be running into a brick wall.
Old 09-11-2008   #23
I AM RAVEN
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
The offensive game plan should be single back,te, 3 wr set. Anyone with any sense know that they're not going to let u run on them, but the texans 3 wr plus daniels could take advantage of this over aggressive defense.

On defense, there should be run and pass blitzes. Flacco should never feel confortable in the pocket. All the lb and safeties should be on the los. Some should bail at the snap, some should bring the heat. There should be overload gap blitzes all over forcing to's. If they jump on this team by 10-14 pts, their run game is over and now all the pressure is on the rook. If kubes think they're going to lineup in the beginning and run, they'll be running into a brick wall.
As a ravens fan...here are the keys to beat us.

Don't run
Use 3-4 receiver sets
Shut down our run game
Don't run
Don't let us Hurt u on the special teams.
Be smart.....DONT RUN!!
I AM RAVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #24
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AM RAVEN View Post

Don't run
Use 3-4 receiver sets
Shut down our run game
Don't run
Be smart.....DONT RUN!!
As a Ravens fan, can you fill us in on your kick coverage teams, I really rate our return game and was hoping we might get an edge there because I think its going to be tight.

Please tell me Davis, Jones and co are going to see some daylight.
Old 09-11-2008   #25
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Don't run
Use 3-4 receiver sets
Shut down our run game
Don't run
Be smart.....DONT RUN!!
I think we'll run
Old 09-11-2008   #26
I AM RAVEN
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
I think we'll run

LOL. Well of course u have to some running to keep the defense honest. But don't make it ur number one priority. I've noticed draws, delays and Fullback runs work best.

and I forgot the number one way to beat us...sometimes we'll beat ourselves.
I AM RAVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #27
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
and I forgot the number one way to beat us...sometimes we'll beat ourselves.

Hey! That's our line! LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #28
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3744 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
As a Ravens fan, can you fill us in on your kick coverage teams, I really rate our return game and was hoping we might get an edge there because I think its going to be tight.

Please tell me Davis, Jones and co are going to see some daylight.
Our kick and punt coverage teams are better this year then they were last year. Most likely due to Harbaugh, a long-time ST coach. Figurs, who returns punts/kicks for the Ravens is also on the coverage team and he is fast and gets downfield and makes tackles.

A good hope for you on kick-offs is if the roof is open and the wind is in Stover's face. He's accurate, but his range isn't that great on KO's.
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #29
Qman
Veteran

Rep Power: 390 Qman is a quality contributor and well respectedQman is a quality contributor and well respectedQman is a quality contributor and well respectedQman is a quality contributor and well respectedQman is a quality contributor and well respectedQman is a quality contributor and well respectedQman is a quality contributor and well respectedQman is a quality contributor and well respectedQman is a quality contributor and well respectedQman is a quality contributor and well respectedQman is a quality contributor and well respected

The real question is if the Texan's O-Line and D-line will hold their own and give the rest of our players a chance.
Qman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #30
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice quote from Trevor Pryce in an article talking about the upcoming matchup between Mario Williams and Jared Gaither.

Quote:
“It’s almost unfair when you put a guy that size playing defensive end and not inside where you can control him,” said Baltimore defensive tackle Trevor Pryce. “Now, he’s outside and he can do whatever he wants.

“I’m glad I ain’t got to block him; I’m telling you that.”

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/...r_Gaither.aspx
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read