Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-10-2008   #41
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: VY's Mom: "He's hurting inside and out."

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
No he owes "himself" to seek out help.

I just sent this in to 790, I think all of you should read it

Has anyone ever thought, that Vince's problems can be deeper than "just football?" For god sakes no one has any idea of what's going on his real life. He had a rough childhood, his father was absent, and just got out of jail last year, etc. Money is nice, but money can not buy happiness. This is why there are numerous amounts of wealthy people, who are depressed. He had a good rookie year, and wanted to retire back then....WHEN HE WAS GOOD! So that right there tells me, that this is deeper than "just football." Get a clue.......

All I have ever asked from life is for an opportunity to prove that this is the most repeated and least intelligent line in human history.

If you find that money can't buy happiness then you are doing it wrong.
Old 09-10-2008   #42
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
He can look to Kerry Collins for guidance on how to resurrect a career after you face your problems. At one point nobody trusted Collins anymore either. That's the point Vince is headed for right now. I hope they get along and are friends because Collins will probably be invaluable when Vince starts paying attention.

And yes, I know Collins problems were rooted in alcohol. It makes no difference. Collins walked into a coaches office and told him his heart wasn't in the game anymore. They (Vince and Kerry) have a lot in common in some respects.
very true and hopefully some other NFL players will contact Vince

Vince may feel like he is the only one that has problems but I recall some other players that lost parents at one time growing up .. I think there was on player that came out of florida state a few years back, lost both parents and raised by grandma ...

There are alot tough cases in NFL , hopefully they will come and help vince, because say what you will. but everyone treats it differently mentally
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #43
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
bar wasn't set too high was it

51 pecent of passes 2,199 yards 12 tds and 13 ints 552 yards rushing 12 fumbles (3 lost)

http://www.nfl.com/players/vinceyoun...e?id=YOU617196

I agreed with what you said until you said "he was good"
the dude was having a successful season for the most part....................fact.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #44
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
All I have ever asked is for an opportunity to prove that this is the most repeated and least intelligent line in human history.

i bought my happiness back last night........
Old 09-10-2008   #45
Polo

You got a prostitute ?
Old 09-10-2008   #46
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
agreed

except if it's karl malone
So it is ok to rag on a guy you do not like but Please Leave Vince alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Vince needs to put up or shut up. The media is running with this and they may be making a mountain out of a molehill but that is what happens when you sit and pout on the sideline while your team is trying to compete. Dude needs to get over it and deal with the criticism and pressure.

He overcame early criticism at Texas but this is the NFL. Whole other ballgame. I am sure he is just upset with his own performance and the performance/quality of some of his receivers. There were more than a few dropped balls at critical times. His picks were on him but aside from the 2nd INT, he didn't play that bad. He did what he was asked to do. Hand the ball off and throw or scramble on 3rd down.

At this point, any criticism or pressure he gets is his own fault. 18-11 as a starter is great but if your acting like a punk or a crybaby, any goodwill is quickly depleted.
He quit on his team, then acted like a nut job and ran off to be alone or what ever like a 5 year old running to his room and slamming the door. No body loves me waaaaaaa they made fun of me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Your are making excuses for him like everyone else. Every team will have dropped passes. AJ, Moss and Harrison are not perfect and they drop passes from time to time. Maybe if vy would throw the pass on time and in the right place the rec would have an easier time catching them. vy being told it is always everyone else's fault and now that he is the one getting the boos is not sitting well with him.
Old 09-10-2008   #47
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
You got a prostitute ?
yes......................your girlfriend....lol, j/k
Old 09-10-2008   #48
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
the dude was having a successful season for the most part....................fact.
Nope, wrong. A 66.7 passer rating, with more interceptions than TD's is not a successful season for a QB.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #49
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
You got a prostitute ?

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #50
Polo

Quote:
yes......................your girlfriend....lol
As long as she's bringing me your money it's all good...

"Don't be surprised when she ask where the cash at"
Old 09-10-2008   #51
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All I have ever asked from life is for an opportunity to prove that this is the most repeated and least intelligent line in human history.

Mo' money, mo' problems is better.

You don't need to take things so literally, I think. In the grand scheme of things , money is the root of all evil .

Did you see how I used three other commonly used phrases? What do you think about those?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #52
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: VY's Mommy: "He's hurting inside and out."

Money may not buy happiness, but it'll damn sure buy off unhappiness.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #53
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Nope, wrong. A 66.7 passer rating, with more interceptions than TD's is not a successful season for a QB.
he was a ROOKIE....who had multiple comebacks, almost got his team to the playoffs despite not playing all of the season, was ROY, went to the probowl, the media was giving him props, etc.............................that IS a good year......
Old 09-10-2008   #54
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In the words of my uncle Dennis (the menace) - "Money may not buy you happiness, but it sure increases your options."
Old 09-10-2008   #55
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He had a rough childhood, his father was absent, and just got out of jail last year, etc. Money is nice, but money can not buy happiness.
You've probably just described a large percentage of NFL players.

Quote:
He had a good rookie year, and wanted to retire back then....WHEN HE WAS GOOD!
Just how good was he? His passer ratings was 66.7. He had 12 TD and 13 INTs. The same season David Carr had a 82.1 rating with 11 TD and 12 INTs.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #56
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought he was another struggling QB and fans and the NFL made more out of him than what was reality

his number compare to alex smith. yet one considered a bust other with potential...

I think he was hurt by the media and fans.. mediocre season but goes into probowl and then rookie of the year ...lots of success early and did it go to his head and think he was good?(nothing wrong with confidence)(like shetexan said) but ... interesting choices he has done over the years ....

some questioned early about when you have a new OC .. you go back to college instead during the offseason(nothing wrong with that and i applaud that)

I just wonder like TB stated the issues ...

if I put my tin foil hat on.. what was done at UT to let "Vince be Vince" and now "vince can't be vince " on an NFL level (or the coaches won't let him).. who knows

we agree to disagree, but in common I think we both want him to get better mentally and I pray that he does
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #57
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Momma needs to yank her tit out of her "baby boy's" mouth and allow his sack to drop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Jao6Z6v9w
Old 09-10-2008   #58
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You've probably just described a large percentage of NFL players
different people have different problems........no one knows what's going on in his personal life.......................
Old 09-10-2008   #59
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I thought he was another struggling QB and fans and the NFL made more out of him than what was reality
he was a ROOKIE....who had multiple comebacks, almost got his team to the playoffs despite not playing all of the season, was ROY, went to the probowl, the media was giving him props, etc.............................that IS a good year......
Old 09-10-2008   #60
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
the media overhyped the guy
......Fixed....

Seriously, I hope he gets better mentally and physically.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read