Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-10-2008   #21
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: VY's Mom: "He's hurting inside and out."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Wow, what an epic meltdown. I do wish VY - the person - finds help.

And honestly, I do hope he gets it together and plays football for the Titans again. If for no other reason than to give the Texans a chance to beat a VY-led team.

I guess him running around Reliant yelling "this is my house!" was indicative of much deeper mental issues, 'eh? We were told it was all about winning, but that was a whole lot of emotion being displayed by a rookie towards a team that went 2-14 the year before. That little display was born from deep-rooted emotional issues, entirely based upon not getting picked for the team. That was unprofessional, and dare I say....immature and childish. Obviously a sign of things to come.
lol, i think it's deeper than that. A lot of players who feel that they've been shafted by organizations, enjoy sticking it to them........I think there are probably some off the field problems, like his childhood, his father not being around and getting out of jail not too long back, the pressure of money and fame thrown at a young man, etc........
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #22
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just going to play devil's advocate here but what if Vince doesn't want to play in Tennessee anymore because he still so badly wants to play in Houston?

You know, I'll retire and The Texans can pick me up as a free agent!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #23
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I'm just going to play devil's advocate here but what if Vince doesn't want to play in Tennessee anymore because he still so badly wants to play in Houston?

We could use a running back!
Old 09-10-2008   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
We could use a running back!
Problem SOL-VED!!!
Old 09-10-2008   #25
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 23664 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, sorry I'm not about to feel sorry for a guy making millions of dollars a year playing a game.Especially when you got 18-19 year old kids making thousands of dollars a year in Iraq and A-stan that go through more shit in one day then VY or most other pro-athletes experience in a lifetime.

Guess this is what happens when you are handled with kiddy gloves through out your High School and College careers. Vince needs to grow the f*ck up, period.
Old 09-10-2008   #26
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, looks like it's time to get another tattoo of a rose put on his arm for all the women in his life...because he's acting like a little *****! He's not even getting 1/4 of the shit that Mario received and he took it like a man. Geez, what a pu**y!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #27
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Vince needs to put up or shut up. The media is running with this and they may be making a mountain out of a molehill but that is what happens when you sit and pout on the sideline while your team is trying to compete. Dude needs to get over it and deal with the criticism and pressure.

He overcame early criticism at Texas but this is the NFL. Whole other ballgame. I am sure he is just upset with his own performance and the performance/quality of some of his receivers. There were more than a few dropped balls at critical times. His picks were on him but aside from the 2nd INT, he didn't play that bad. He did what he was asked to do. Hand the ball off and throw or scramble on 3rd down.

At this point, any criticism or pressure he gets is his own fault. 18-11 as a starter is great but if your acting like a punk or a crybaby, any goodwill is quickly depleted.
Old 09-10-2008   #28
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75355 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's the Oline.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #29
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

If Vince thinks he has been ridiculed up until now, imagine the taunting that he will receive from the opposing defenses over the next few weeks. They will probably play on this to try to get inside his head. Can you imagine an opposing linebacker taunting him with "you need your mommy to come out and protect you Baby Boy?"

He is going to need to toughen up and focus on the game, or they might just eat him alive.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #30
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESAD2-14 View Post
Yeah, sorry I'm not about to feel sorry for a guy making millions of dollars a year playing a game.Especially when you got 18-19 year old kids making thousands of dollars a year in Iraq and A-stan that go through more shit in one day then VY or most other pro-athletes experience in a lifetime.

Guess this is what happens when you are handled with kiddy gloves through out your High School and College careers. Vince needs to grow the f*ck up, period.
and this is because you know of everything going on in his real life.................

EDIT

Money doesn't necessarily equate to making an individual happy.......................see the numerous amounts of rich people who have deep rooted psychological/emotional problems.........
Old 09-10-2008   #31
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75355 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
and this is because you know of everything going on in his real life.................

EDIT

Money doesn't necessarily equate to making an individual happy.......................see the numerous amounts of rich people who have deep rooted psychological/emotional problems.........
Well, that's because they need more attention from their mommies.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #32
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

The part of me that's human, that has feelings and stuff (y'know, the part that goes mostly ignored) hopes he gets himself straightened out. It's not good to see the complete implosion of a person.

The part of me that's a parent wants to give him a slap in the face, a pat on the shoulder and a kick in the ass all at once.

The part of me that is neither of those things (the part of me that's a football fan) kinda chuckles at the jokes the people on here are making.

Most of me just ignores it and hopes that Schaub can get his stuff together for the Ravens.
Old 09-10-2008   #33
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If this were true, than he owes the Tennessee Titans organization and the fans of the team to seek out the help he needs. Focus on getting himself well, then return to the team with a clear head, heart and most importantly committment to them. What he did was no more than an 8 year old sissy fit...
Old 09-10-2008   #34
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
If this were true, than he owes the Tennessee Titans organization and the fans of the team to seek out the help he needs. Focus on getting himself well, then return to the team with a clear head, heart and most importantly committment to them. What he did was no more than an 8 year old sissy fit...
quoted for truth
Old 09-10-2008   #35
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

You wonder if the worship he receives in Austin has effected him mentally. He is constantly being told in Austin that he is God and that "just being Vince" is enough to win Super Bowls, end global warming, bring world peace, etc.

Then he goes back to Nashville and reality sits back in.

Kind of like David Hasselhof (sp?). He is a God in Germany however when he comes back to the States reality must sit back in.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #36
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
No he owes "himself" to seek out help.

I just sent this in to 790, I think all of you should read it

Has anyone ever thought, that Vince's problems can be deeper than "just football?" For god sakes no one has any idea of what's going on his real life. He had a rough childhood, his father was absent, and just got out of jail last year, etc. Money is nice, but money can not buy happiness. This is why there are numerous amounts of wealthy people, who are depressed. He had a good rookie year, and wanted to retire back then....WHEN HE WAS GOOD! So that right there tells me, that this is deeper than "just football." Get a clue.......
Old 09-10-2008   #37
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
A pity party? Where he quits on his team in front of everyone?

If he does ever get his head on straight and decides to "man up" he is going to have a lot of difficulty getting his teammates to look at him as a leader.

I think he has lost any respect he had from the Titans players. It will be a long, long time (if ever) he regains any respect.
He can look to Kerry Collins for guidance on how to resurrect a career after you face your problems. At one point nobody trusted Collins anymore either. That's the point Vince is headed for right now. I hope they get along and are friends because Collins will probably be invaluable when Vince starts paying attention.

And yes, I know Collins problems were rooted in alcohol. It makes no difference. Collins walked into a coaches office and told him his heart wasn't in the game anymore. They (Vince and Kerry) have a lot in common in some respects.
Old 09-10-2008   #38
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

bar wasn't set too high was it

51 pecent of passes 2,199 yards 12 tds and 13 ints 552 yards rushing 12 fumbles (3 lost)

http://www.nfl.com/players/vinceyoun...e?id=YOU617196

I agreed with what you said until you said "he was good"
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #39
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
You wonder if the worship he receives in Austin has effected him mentally. He is constantly being told in Austin that he is God and that "just being Vince" is enough to win Super Bowls, end global warming, bring world peace, etc.

Then he goes back to Nashville and reality sits back in.

Kind of like David Hasselhof (sp?). He is a God in Germany however when he comes back to the States reality must sit back in.
LOL. Comparing VY to David Hasselhoff gets you rep.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #40
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
No he owes "himself" to seek out help.
Absolutely true, he does owe it to himself to seek help........... then, he can pay back the money that he didn't earn - thus owing the titans and their fans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read