Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-10-2008   #1
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default VY's Mommy: "He's hurting inside and out."

Wow. He told her he didn't want to play football anymore because he was so ridiculed.

His mother also says that he needs our prayers and support.

Poor poor millionaire NFL football player...

Also, the Vince is hurting inside comment is just something I felt y'all could all run with.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...tball-anymore/
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #2
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: VY's Mom: "He's hurting inside and out."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Wow. He told her he didn't want to play football anymore because he was so ridiculed.

His mother also says that he needs our prayers and support.

Poor poor millionaire NFL football player...

Also, the Vince is hurting inside comment is just something I felt y'all could all run with.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...tball-anymore/
Uh-oh, he didn't. Look out folks Vince's mom is pissed. I hope she doesn't tell my mom. I could get grounded all the things I said.
Old 09-10-2008   #3
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe Mommy needs to quit calling a grown man her "baby boy".

Maybe then he would realize that he is a man and start acting like one.
Old 09-10-2008   #4
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is all I gotta say about this:

"I did my best!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o0FnkN1mdw
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #5
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
“What would you think, if you were tired of being ridiculed and persecuted and talked about and not being treated very well, what would you do?” Felicia Young said. “What kind of decision would you make? He may not want to deal with it [all], but you have to get to that point before you make that decision first.”
Maybe he's got India and a big fattie on his mind.
Old 09-10-2008   #6
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want to see who can come up with the best joke combining "hurting inside" and "disappearing sausage trick."
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #7
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
Maybe Mommy needs to quit calling a grown man her "baby boy".

Maybe then he would realize that he is a man and start acting like one.
I agree!! I've already posted my comments on another thread, so I won't repeat myself here. Just want to say that as a Mom/Grandmom, I tell my kids to conduct themselves in a manner that makes them proud of who they are, because that reflects on ME!! VY's Mom should have taken him out behind the barn a LONG time ago!! It's called TOUGH LOVE!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2008   #8
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I agree!! I've already posted my comments on another thread, so I won't repeat myself here. Just want to say that as a Mom/Grandmom, I tell my kids to conduct themselves in a manner that makes them proud of who they are, because that reflects on ME!! VY's Mom should have taken him out behind the barn a LONG time ago!! It's called TOUGH LOVE!
Sounds like you think Vince Young needs a good spanking.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I just want to see who can come up with the best joke combining "hurting inside" and "disappearing sausage trick."
Too easy and there's a point where I just can't get a bunch of enthusiasm for kicking a guy who's down. Now, don't get me wrong. I'll kick him all the way down with a smile on my face just like the rest of America but once he taps out and curls up into a ball I just can't see the fun in that.

Some guys have just enormous gobs of talent but don't have the brains to play in the pros. Others have the talent and the brains but not the necessary mindset or psychological makeup. I'm starting to think that the real killer for Vince might be the latter. So he scored poorly on his test? Big deal. It's entertaining to make fun of but if the man can play football then the man can play football and it's not really all that important in the long run. On the other hand if he can't deal with the attention (which nobody ever guaranteed would be 100% positive) and the criticism that being one of maybe the 32 most scrutinized players in the NFL brings then that's a whole other ball of wax and he might be out of football in a year or two at the rate he's going.
Old 09-10-2008   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Momma needs to yank her tit out of her "baby boy's" mouth and allow his sack to drop.
Old 09-10-2008   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe this thread can be used as a 'get well soon' type b/c it's obvious VY has some issues, and it's never fun to see that. As Texans fans we have an obligation to hate our rival and their players- but let's leave that mostly to the field. When it comes to mental issues like depression, it's better just to wish the guy the best. I'd be perfectly happy if he keeps his millions goes on and has a successful life, but not against us on the football field.

hurting inside and the disappearing sausage trick... wow. that's too funny, and I think i'll refrain from commenting on that one. LMAO

Sometimes we have to be the bigger people and when someone is really hurting, we don't have to push them down farther. Flame me if ya want and say it's all fair game, but let's criticize VY on his ability to play in the pros, lead his team, be the franchise QB, etc (or lack of ability) and his desire for sausage parties... but I say we be a little bigger (cuz we're from Texas) and not make fun of him for being depressed and whatever else may come about.

It's great to hate on Brady, Merriman, Jaguars OL, etc. but we shouldn't be overly happy their injured for the entire season. Makes me like our chances of beating them, those teams having a worse record, but I always hate to see serious injuries to any player
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Momma needs to yank her tit out of her "baby boy's" mouth and allow his sack to drop.
Whether his sack drops or not has no bearing on his oral fixation... Plain and simple, vy sucks.
Old 09-10-2008   #13
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

All jokes aside, the dude really does need to follow his heart. If he isn't into football anymore, he needs to call it quits now and do himself and millions of others a favor. You can't play football if you aren't 100% committed.
Old 09-10-2008   #14
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
All jokes aside, the dude really does need to follow his heart. If he isn't into football anymore, he needs to call it quits now and do himself and millions of others a favor. You can't play football if you aren't 100% committed.
He's still into football, he is just having a pity party. Who here on this board has never had a pity party before?

He has been treated like a football hero all of his life. Now that he has reached the NFL, he is just another player. He is going to have to work hard if he wants to reach the next level in this league. I really believe he still can, if he is willing to do the necessary work and get over himself.
Old 09-10-2008   #15
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

“He is a young man. He just needs a lot of love and support.’’

Someone get this man some hugs! Can't you see he's dying inside?

I think the whole Titans team needs to have another team meeting and give Vince a big ole' group hug.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, what an epic meltdown. I do wish VY - the person - finds help.

And honestly, I do hope he gets it together and plays football for the Titans again. If for no other reason than to give the Texans a chance to beat a VY-led team.

I guess him running around Reliant yelling "this is my house!" was indicative of much deeper mental issues, 'eh? We were told it was all about winning, but that was a whole lot of emotion being displayed by a rookie towards a team that went 2-14 the year before. That little display was born from deep-rooted emotional issues, entirely based upon not getting picked for the team. That was unprofessional, and dare I say....immature and childish. Obviously a sign of things to come.
Old 09-10-2008   #17
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

A pity party? Where he quits on his team in front of everyone?

If he does ever get his head on straight and decides to "man up" he is going to have a lot of difficulty getting his teammates to look at him as a leader.

I think he has lost any respect he had from the Titans players. It will be a long, long time (if ever) he regains any respect.
Old 09-10-2008   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
“He is a young man. He just needs a lot of love and support.’’

Someone get this man some hugs! Can't you see he's dying inside?

I think the whole Titans team needs to have another team meeting and give Vince a big ole' group hug.
this came to mind
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #19
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
A pity party? Where he quits on his team in front of everyone?
OK. Fair enough. It is a pity-party and a temper-tantrum combined. Those two do often go together.

Personally, I have found that it works a lot better if you can have the pity-party in private, and skip the temper-tantrum altogether.
Old 09-10-2008   #20
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
When it comes to mental issues like depression, it's better just to wish the guy the best
agreed

except if it's karl malone
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read