Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-09-2008   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Return yards count. Who should I add?

I play in another league (than the previous question) where return yards actually count towards scoring.

You get a point per 10 reception yards, a point per 10 rushing yards, and a point per 20 return yards.

As a result, I was considering adding the following people. How would you rank them:

Jerious Norwood, RB, ATL. Returns kicks and is RB#2
Ted Ginn, WR, MIA. Returns punts and is WR #1
Desean Jackson, WR, PHI. Returns punts and is WR #3/4
Pierre Thomas, RB, NO. Returns kicks and is is RB#2/3
Old 09-09-2008   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Return yards count. Who should I add?

Ginn
Jackson
Norwood
Thomas
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #3
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Ginn
Jackson
Norwood
Thomas
I'd flip-flop Jackson and Ginn, and agree with 3 & 4. Jackson started on Sunday, and while it was because of injury, he made a good case for himself with over 100 yards receiving. Combine that with the fact Kevin Curtis is out for at least a few more weeks, and Reggie Brown is an uncertainty for week two, and I could see Jackson at worst proving he's deserving of lots of PT, and at best, getting himself a starting job.

Finally, I really have low expectations for the Miami offense this year, so that probably plays a role in pushing Ginn to #2 on my list.
Old 09-09-2008   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Jackson

Norwood
Ginn
Pierre Thomas

I seriously can't believe Jackson is available in your league. He's worth starting if you didn't get return yards.
Old 09-09-2008   #5
Polo

Norwood
Jackson
Old 09-09-2008   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I play in another league (than the previous question) where return yards actually count towards scoring.

You get a point per 10 reception yards, a point per 10 rushing yards, and a point per 20 return yards.

As a result, I was considering adding the following people. How would you rank them:

Jerious Norwood, RB, ATL. Returns kicks and is RB#2
Ted Ginn, WR, MIA. Returns punts and is WR #1
Desean Jackson, WR, PHI. Returns punts and is WR #3/4
Pierre Thomas, RB, NO. Returns kicks and is is RB#2/3
Wait a minute there. Is this the espn league we play in? Do we get return yardage!? "why I oughta..."
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

lol, different league
Old 09-09-2008   #8
gtexan02
Working?

OK so here are the people I can drop for Jackson. Of the following, who do you think is worth a drop:

All these guys are backups

Team 1
DeAngelo Williams
Patrick Crayton
Todd Heap
Deuce McCallister
Ted Ginn

Team 2
Ronnie Brown
Reggie Brown
Steve Slaton
Matt Schaub
John Kitna
Jerious Norwood
Old 09-09-2008   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Breaston, the WR#3 and PR/KR for the Cardinals is also available.
Old 09-09-2008   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
OK so here are the people I can drop for Jackson. Of the following, who do you think is worth a drop:

Team 1
DeAngelo Williams
Patrick Crayton
Todd Heap
Deuce McCallister
Ted Ginn

Team 2
Ronnie Brown
Reggie Brown
Steve Slaton
Matt Schaub
John Kitna
Jerious Norwood
Gosh, I don't know who I would drop if I were you. Team 2 you've already got Slaton and Norwood who both have some return duties but you've also got 3 total QB's?

I'm not going to be much help with who to cut. Team 1 I'd lean towards Heap or Deuce but I like their upsides. I always like TE's with young qb's and deuce has some potential to do well as the season goes on.

Another guy to keep an eye on down the road is Darren Sproles of the Chargers. He's got KR/PR duty and is the backup to LT. If the chargers are blowing a team out of the water, LT may sit. Do we know how LT's leg injury is? Fully healed? If LT has to miss some more games, Sproles' value skyrockets.

What about Cribbs with the Browns?
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:

Team 1
DeAngelo Williams
Patrick Crayton
Todd Heap
Deuce McCallister
Ted Ginn

Team 2
Ronnie Brown
Reggie Brown
Steve Slaton
Matt Schaub
John Kitna
Jerious Norwood
I'd take Desean Jackson over any of the bolded ones. Reggie Brown is the closest one, but I think McNabb has found a WR that he's comfortable with in Jackson. The return yards are just a bonus. Jackson will hit the rookie wall at some point, but for quality depth, I like him. Kolb likes him as well, in the event that McNabb goes down again.
Old 09-09-2008   #12
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

nvm

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read