Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-09-2008   #121
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 112365 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans QB Vince Young In Crotches After Knee Injury

All Vy does is sausage, umm i mean win. No, I mean sausage.
Old 09-09-2008   #122
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not a big fan of the disney sports network but when they have a segment dedicated to you and your inability to control your emotions, there is a problem! This morning on BSPN they did a segment on VY and had a quote or two from players, Kerry Collins etc about VY getting over emotional when the fans booed his poor play this week.

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #123
Polo

Since VY wanted to be a Texan so bad, anyone think he'd come here as a project FS after Tenn is done with him ?
Old 09-09-2008   #124
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
VY isn't any of those guys..........which isn't a bad thing imo.........if he's good at it, you have to go with what works for him, and gives you the best chance to win. The coaches job is to put players in the best position to succeed..............VY is best at scrambling..............and he's not even a "wild" scrambler, very rarely does he get hit hard scrambling, because of his running style......................let em run coach.

It's not just those guys though, it's virtually every rookie qb in the nfl who does that in their 1st year & under that light what he did his rookie year looks even less impressive. & like i said earlier, teams just hadn't figured out how to scheme him yet....3 years later, it appears they have.

& as far as the bolded, this is a lie proliferated alot on the titans MB by some fans who can't understand why he's not running. This myth that Fisher & co. are making him stay in the pocket isn't true. When fisher has been questioned about young & his development, i've personally heard, at least 1 time, with my own ears from interview snippets on the NFL network & the titans MB, fisher tell reporters such things as "we've told him don't forget about your legs..." & things of that nature. Either way i think the book's out on him....confuse him with the pre-snap & post-snap reads, watch him scramble in hopes of getting a good lick on him or sit back & eventually he'll make a mistake.

Yes. Year 1 they gave him a lot more freedom. Year 2 they pushed Vince to stay in the pocket and complete passes.......And he has a new coordinator in this year.......I stick by my statement.

i only brought up the other qbs b/c they were known as running qb's (except big ben) out of college too but they adapted & that's why they are successful on this level as well....the answer looks pretty clear cut to me on what he's gonna have to do to fulfill the potential everyone saw in him.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #125
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Since VY wanted to be a Texan so bad, anyone think he'd come here as a project FS after Tenn is done with him ?
hell no....if he can't read a defense from the qb spot, what makes u think he can read an offense from the defensive side of things?

Last edited by Mr teX; 09-09-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #126
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Waiting for it .....

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #127
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Waiting for it .....
Waiting for what?? For Vincent to turn into a QB?? Even you know that won't happen (as do many on your board)... So, again I ask, what are you waiting for??
Old 09-09-2008   #128
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

BA, as bad as all that sounded - I think it will take more proof that something actually happened before I jump on the story... On the other hand, if it's remotely true, you know we'll be all over it. With that said, if it were true I would also hope he gets the help needed...
Old 09-09-2008   #129
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Well the visit by the police late last night has a link. If the other stuff is true that is very bad. Could be his career.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #130
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Well the visit by the police late last night has a link. If the other stuff is true that is very bad. Could be his career.
It may not be as bad as what's being said.. You know how things get blown way out of proportion...
Old 09-09-2008   #131
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
BA, as bad as all that sounded - I think it will take more proof that something actually happened before I jump on the story... On the other hand, if it's remotely true, you know we'll be all over it. With that said, if it were true I would also hope he gets the help needed...
Quote:
Did I miss something? What happened? Who had the police visit? And WTF happened to that guy's head? Sorry, had to get a Dogma quote in.
Old 09-09-2008   #132
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Did I miss something? What happened? Who had the police visit? And WTF happened to that guy's head? Sorry, had to get a Dogma quote in.
Rep for the 'Dogma' reference... Check out the Rumors section of GoTitans.com
Old 09-09-2008   #133
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Here's a link to the Tennessean: Police: Titans feared for Young's safety
Old 09-09-2008   #134
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42947 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Crap, Harrington is working out for the Titans. They are not supposed to be upgrading that position this late in the season.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....D=200880909011

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #135
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

The gun was unloaded and in his glove box....
Old 09-09-2008   #136
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42947 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here's a link to the Tennessean: Police: Titans feared for Young's safety
Well Damn. Well I guess I would have to be on suicide watch to if I had to live in Nashville.

The two worst places in the world to live, Dallas and Nashville, and both of there teams stars are put on watch.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #137
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The gun was unloaded and in his glove box....
Yeah, it doesn't sound like it was a big deal to me. I just think he's a whiney ***** that feeds off of his followers. Now that his nut-huggers are beginning to figure out he's not a good NFL QB, they're turning on him. IMO, that's why he cries so often. He cares more about what the fans think than football.

Meh, I'm just glad he's not on our team.
Old 09-09-2008   #138
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Yeah, it doesn't sound like it was a big deal to me. I just think he's a whiney ***** that feeds off of his followers. Now that his nut-huggers are beginning to figure out he's not a good NFL QB, they're turning on him. IMO, that's why he cries so often. He cares more about what the fans think than football.

Meh, I'm just glad he's not on our team.
Dude.... All he does is win games.
Old 09-09-2008   #139
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

I just spent the last fifteen minutes reading the VY threads at hornfans.com.

These fools are f'n delusional about Vince Young. It's always everyone else's fault that he hasn't succeeded in the NFL like he did in college.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #140
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard VY is listed day to day.

His feelings are hurt.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read