Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-08-2008   #101
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans QB Vince Young In Crotches After Knee Injury

Vic Ketchman of Jags.com piles on too:

Quote:
Shane from Jacksonville
What is it about the Titans? They seem to beat up on us and we just can't stop it. Their record against us has been really good, even when it seems we are the better team.

Vic: They were the better team yesterday. Don’t fool yourself into believing otherwise. They had a fantastic advantage along the line of scrimmage that they couldn’t fully exploit because of their great disadvantage at quarterback. Had Kerry Collins played the whole game, I don’t think the score would’ve been as close as it was. Folks, the Jaguars lost three offensive linemen last week and a fourth played valiantly on a knee injury that would’ve normally forced him out of the game. These things happen. Teams get runs at a position.
Old 09-08-2008   #102
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

just watched the Tenn-Jacks game on my DVR and as a Texans fan, I was happy with what I saw from Vince. As someone who respects Vince's talent and appreciates what he done for Texas football, I gotta say I was underwhelmed by his play, but more alarmingly his resilience and professionalism or lack thereof.

It's obvious I am talking about him sitting on the bench pouting after his 2nd INT. That was pretty embarassing to say the least. I hadn't seen it yet in its context and once I did, it was pretty freaking pathetic and that is hard for me to say as I like the guy but there is no excuse for that stuff. sulking on the bench in the 4th Quarter when your team needs you to be the leader is way out of character for Vince and may be a bad omen of things to come.

Then I read some of Mawae's and Bullock's postgame comments amongst others and....umm, the pouting act and the subpar QB play has not gone unnoticed by his teammates. He better fix his head or we may see Tennessee looking for a new QB in the upcoming drafts...

I have no problem calling out Vince but it'll just tend to be about football and not sausage marketing or being shirtless.
Old 09-08-2008   #103
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
i heard he hurt his hamstring.....................until i hear teammates stop calling him a leader in place of "quitter" I'm not believing it.......
bro, i am a huge Vince guy, but some of his teammates have already insinuated that he quit and there wasn't much mention of the word 'leader' in regards to Vince this Sunday.
Old 09-08-2008   #104
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
do you really believe teammates are going to say that in public?

if it was true about VY?(I have no idea but just saying)

my memory may be going but d-rob is about the only one I can think of that mentioned something about Carr on our team

someone can correct me
Dunta never called out Carr for quitting. He called him out for his bad play and on his lack of dedication on fixing things and making things better/improving....and that was only after a reporter quoted Carr as saying he was 'sick and tired of being sick and tired of losing' to which Dunta blew up and got very animated and basically told Carr that maybe he should do something about it if he was so damn sick of losing.

Walker, Glenn, and Sharper were rumored to have said some things in the locker room and to management critical of Carr and the offense in general after the first few years, and they were promptly shown the door.
Old 09-08-2008   #105
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i heard he hurt his hamstring.....................until i hear teammates stop calling him a leader in place of "quitter" I'm not believing it.......
Yeah? And I heard that smoking is a treatment for Parkinson's.

Houston Texans are > VY

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #106
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
just watched the Tenn-Jacks game on my DVR and as a Texans fan, I was happy with what I saw from Vince. As someone who respects Vince's talent and appreciates what he done for Texas football, I gotta say I was underwhelmed by his play, but more alarmingly his resilience and professionalism or lack thereof.

It's obvious I am talking about him sitting on the bench pouting after his 2nd INT. That was pretty embarassing to say the least. I hadn't seen it yet in its context and once I did, it was pretty freaking pathetic and that is hard for me to say as I like the guy but there is no excuse for that stuff. sulking on the bench in the 4th Quarter when your team needs you to be the leader is way out of character for Vince and may be a bad omen of things to come.
Judging from reports last year and this, it would appear to be perfectly in character.
Old 09-08-2008   #107
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Then I read some of Mawae's and Bullock's postgame comments amongst others and....umm, the pouting act and the subpar QB play has not gone unnoticed by his teammates. He better fix his head or we may see Tennessee looking for a new QB in the upcoming drafts...

I have no problem calling out Vince but it'll just tend to be about football and not sausage marketing or being shirtless.

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #108
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dunta never called out Carr for quitting. He called him out for his bad play and on his lack of dedication on fixing things and making things better/improving....and that was only after a reporter quoted Carr as saying he was 'sick and tired of being sick and tired of losing' to which Dunta blew up and got very animated and basically told Carr that maybe he should do something about it if he was so damn sick of losing.

Walker, Glenn, and Sharper were rumored to have said some things in the locker room and to management critical of Carr and the offense in general after the first few years, and they were promptly shown the door.
lack of dedication off and on the field are about the same thing in my book

time will tell about dedication.. I am all for VY going back to school but like someone mentioned. was it smart to do it now when you had a new OC coming in ... time will tell

I honestly say it suprises me to hear about the sulking .... esp during a game.. anyway. that is the last i will say about it..I'll let the Titan fans do the talking
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #109
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I almost want to make that a wallpaper for the computer.. the whole think picture and all
Old 09-08-2008   #110
Wolf
100% Texan

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs..../80907009/1027

Grading VY and i have no comment on that one
Old 09-08-2008   #111
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Is this a tread about the Texans winning the AFC South ... would be about when this happens.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #112
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Is this a tread about the Texans winning the AFC South ... would be about when this happens.
No it is about vy becoming an actual qb versus a crybaby.
Old 09-09-2008   #113
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

so why is young pouting news? remember that A&M game? tears are a big part of his arsenal
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #114
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
tears are a big part of his arsenal
Vince was busy curing cancer with his tears!

LEAVE HIM ALONE!
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #115
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
Vince was busy curing cancer with his tears!

LEAVE HIM ALONE!
hmm so what is it now I am cofused

When they say Vince has IT

what does it mean?
IT as in Internal Tears?
It as in a typo of InT

Last edited by Wolf; 09-09-2008 at 12:48 AM.
Old 09-09-2008   #116
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
hmm so what is it now I am cofused

When they say Vince has IT

what does it mean?
IT as in Internal Tears?
It as in a type of InT
I think TC's pic illustrates it quite well, actually.

Link
Old 09-09-2008   #117
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

hmm it's kinda odd seeing Young and his team in the red zone in the same picture
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #118
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
the biggest problem in all this, is the titans coaching staff trying to make Vince something he's not. Seriously he's never been a drop back QB that kills you with his arm. They gave him so much more freedom his rookie year, and in turn the offense was better and he was a lot more fun to watch. They hardly ever even run plays that

A.) Get Vince outside the pocket
B.) Allow Vince to use his legs to move the chains

I'm tired of hearing the "running QBs get injured" excuse, because I think it's a load of crap. Most QBs that get injured, are ones who sit in the pocket and get smacked around. For every "running" QB that gets injured I can name you 5 prototypical QBs that get hurt.......................give him some freedom fisher.

As far as his attitude is concerned, he needs to work on it. If you make a mistake, you have to live with it and move on. He means too much to the titans to sit and piss and moan on the bench.
I think you defeat your own arguement about pocket QB's vs. running QB's injuries.

Both times that Vince has gotten hurt he was running with the ball, not staying in the pocket.
Old 09-09-2008   #119
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Being serious about Senior Sausage for a moment I think you take a guy like Vince Young and you let him do what he does. If he has a higher chance of getting hurt doing that (and I think he does, Dream you could name 5 "conventional" QB's who get hurt for every runner because they outnumber runners by a wide margin IMO) then that's just the chance you take. You're looking at the possibility of Young "burning bright" for less time if he gets injured or Young never reaching his potential and being very average for a longer time in an attempt to lengthen his years on the field. What good is that if he's playing at a low level?

Drafting him because of his success as an instinctive player who has a "ok to fairly good" arm that he gets a lot out of because he's got great wheels and then trying to make him something he's not defeats the purpose and makes the Titans look stupid. If they wanted a guy to sit in the pocket and throw passes they should have drafted Leinart and deep down inside I think that Fisher knows that.

But a weaker Titans team is a plus for us so I'm not complaining. I just think they're wasting what he could be trying to turn him into something he'll never be and that this is not helped by his overall immaturity. He's going through a frustrating time and is ill-equipped to deal with it.
I'll never believe that Fisher and Chow, 2 USC alumni, wanted Vince Young over Matt Leinart.

Young was forced on them by the either the owner, the GM, or both of them.
Old 09-09-2008   #120
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice...nce_young.html
Dickie ....I had to do a double take
Quote:
Did Vince Young quit on the Titans? Welcome back, Lance Armstrong

Vince Young appears to have quit on the Tennessee Titans Sunday afternoon. Nothing could be more damaging to an athletes reputation or standing in the locker room.

Someone had better pull this guy aside and tell him that how badly he's screwing up. Maybe he'll listen to Mack Brown or Greg Davis. It seems clear he's not going to listen to anyone associated with the Titans.

Here's how it unfolded. Young was booed loudly midway through the fourth quarter in Nashville after throwing his second interception. According to the Tennessean, Young pushed away DT Albert Haynesworth, who was trying to console him, and took a seat on the bench.

When the Titans got the ball back, Young seemed reluctant to go back on the field. Kerry Collins took some snaps before Jeff Fisher seemed to gesture for Young to go back into the game.

Fisher later said that Young's hamstring was bothering him and he didn't know if he could continue.

''It's not an issue,'' Fisher said. "It is OK; he is our quarterback. It is not a controversy. ... We are lucky we have Kerry.''

Young did go back on the field and suffered a knee injury four plays later.

"I am under the assumption something happened to him and he was hurt," center Kevin Mawae told the newspaper.

Young hadn't won any friends by following up a terrible second season by spending much of the off-season in Austin to work on his degree. It's admirable that he's committed to finishing school, but where's his commitment to the team that gave him the $50-million contract? Stay tuned.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read