Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-17-2004   #21
clandestin
Veteran

hmm they all look eligible to me--not sure what you two are on about

j/k good catch guys--good thing I'm not writing the play book Went ahead and pulled johnson off the line making bruener eligible, and fixed the right side.
clandestin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004   #22
Panther5407
All Pro

What I like about the that line up is Gaffney. He is more of a slot reciever than an outside it appears. That would help take pressure off of AJ to spread the ball more and be more preductive.
Panther5407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004   #23
tex
Veteran

Default McCree's not that Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by __V__
Why is that odd? You bring in players that you think will be better players than what you have. McCree was a better player than Stevens but why stop there? Bottom line is we picked him up off waivers. That means he could not stick to another teams roster. We all saw what happens to teams that do not have quality depth last year. We ended up 30th in defense.
Everytime I see something about McCree, the words "we picked him up off the waivers" is behind his name. This is true, but it was not because he could not play FS, it was because he got caught in the middle. Thanks to Ediddy 73s input on this subject last time this is some of the reasons McCree was put on waivers.
1. Coaching change Coughlin to Del Rio
2. Del Rio drafted Rashean Mathis
3. McCree got on Del Rio's bad side
4. Jax needed the money McCree was taking up to sign K. Johnson and Strokes.

McCree wasn't the Matt Stevens of the Jags
Don't forget he has the longest int return for a TD in the Texan short history so far.
Tex
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004   #24
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I never said he couldn't play....or well, we wouldn't have picked him up, but the bottom line is he wasn't talented enough to stick on their roster. I'm not sure that is debatable. He sure wasn't carrying a large salary there.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004   #25
Ediddy73
Veteran

Talking

If I was Palmer, I would have a serious hard-on if I saw that defensive formation. Is Peek going to walk out to cover Gaff, or is Coleman going to come up at the snap count? I'm going to throw a 4 yard out to Gaff after Bradford clears the CB with a slant!! TOUCHDOWN!!! LOL!
Ediddy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004   #26
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by __V__
I never said he couldn't play....or well, we wouldn't have picked him up, but the bottom line is he wasn't talented enough to stick on their roster. I'm not sure that is debatable. He sure wasn't carrying a large salary there.

True, he can play. He was an upgrade over Stevens and I am still thinking it's possible that he might not be much worse (if at all) than Coleman ends up being. I seem to recall that Coleman was tried at Safety once before.

The only real question is are we smarter than the Jaguars coaches (by "we" I mean the Texans coaches/braintrust). Was he not talented enough to stick on their roster or did they make a mistake and let him go. Did their drafting of another safety mean that he wasn't getting the job done? From what I understand his previous season was pretty good. This we may never know but I think he's going to go into camp to try and beat Coleman out of the starting job.

I hope he gets a fair shot at it. I like Coleman and I like McCree and if McCree gets a fair chance to keep his position then to win it Coleman will have to be better than him which means that no matter what happens we're not starting Matt Stevens. I'm happy, what was the question again?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read