Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-04-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 120208 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Accuscore:Week 1 predicton:Texans versus Steelers

take it what it is worth. or a coin flip might predict better but who knows.

http://accuscore.com/option,com_acc_...07/game_id,11/

bunch of "projected" stats

average score Pitt 28-19
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 57901 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Accuscore:Week 1 predicton:Texans versus Steelers

Sunday can't get here quick enough, I've had enough predictions, its time to get it on the Texans don't need to beat them they need to dominate- in all phases of the game

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008   #3
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP

The biggest improvement needs to happen in TO. Accuscore has us at over 2 turnovers this game alone. If we have 0 TO then the computer would have a completely different outcome
Old 09-04-2008   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got 28-23, I'm in the ball park.
Old 09-04-2008   #5
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

What interested me was the fact that the prediction (I know, it's just a prediction) had us at 2.7 sacks with the Steelers with 1.9

So, our O-line vs. their D-line is actually a better matchup against their O-line vs. our D-line. That's encouraging to hear. Not only that we are getting sacks, but our O-line is preventing them.

On another note, our rushing attack looks plain measly when compared to the Steelers. Gotta say, this prediction is along the same lines of what I'm expecting come Sunday. A strong rushing assault that our D won't be able to stop, leading to a win for Pitt.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 120208 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
What interested me was the fact that the prediction (I know, it's just a prediction) had us at 2.7 sacks with the Steelers with 1.9

So, our O-line vs. their D-line is actually a better matchup against their O-line vs. our D-line. That's encouraging to hear. Not only that we are getting sacks, but our O-line is preventing them.

On another note, our rushing attack looks plain measly when compared to the Steelers. Gotta say, this prediction is along the same lines of what I'm expecting come Sunday. A strong rushing assault that our D won't be able to stop, leading to a win for Pitt.
That one got me too.. looks like the line is 6.5 ...and 78 percent says we won't cover it (If I read that right, I dont' get into betting so i might not know what I am really looking at)

only thing I noticed that changed was slaton's chance at greater than 80 yards .. 10 percent down to 8
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read