Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-29-2005   #21
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone remember when there was a post game show in the locker room and Glenn was holding a game ball telling the rest of the team that it's time to believe. He really has been the only veteran to step up and say something to this team, he has played hard over the past 3 seasons, he took a rookie under his wing and helped develope him into a potential all pro. Just look at the Secondary, it has been one of the strongest areas of our team for our whole existence and even when it struggled it found a way to get back in it. That type of focus only comes from veteran leadership.

My vote is for Aaron Glenn, even though there are others who are more popular.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005   #22
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Does anyone remember when there was a post game show in the locker room and Glenn was holding a game ball telling the rest of the team that it's time to believe. He really has been the only veteran to step up and say something to this team, he has played hard over the past 3 seasons, he took a rookie under his wing and helped develope him into a potential all pro. Just look at the Secondary, it has been one of the strongest areas of our team for our whole existence and even when it struggled it found a way to get back in it. That type of focus only comes from veteran leadership.

My vote is for Aaron Glenn, even though there are others who are more popular.

i would have to agree with you, A.G i think has been the back bone of our defense, he is not a selfish player, and ya can tell when he makes a play he still loves the game, i love that lil move he always makes after he makes a tackle. He will be one of the players i'm gonna miss most (when he's gone). Plus he has kept our secondary together and looking half way decent for the last 3 years. He's my vote too.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005   #23
red bull
Rookie

The fact of the matter is that none of us knows what goes on in the locker room or huddle. The true leaders of teams are usually guys who could care less how often they get on camera or if anybody even knows their names. They let their work speak for themselves, and other guys respect them and listen to them because of it.

The best example of this would be the Super Bowl Buccaneers. People thought Sapp was a leader of that team, but Brooks was their true backbone. Players say that unanimously. But because Sapp draws so much attention to himself, people assume he must command the players' attention as well.
red bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005   #24
stephen1
Veteran

what about matt farrar???????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????
stephen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005   #25
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
We got Peek, Carr got pretty fired up a few times last season as well as DRob, and Gary Walker was pretty intense a season or two ago...
i agree. i think now that peek is likely going to start, he should draw a lot of attention. hopefully he doesnt draw attention in a bad way, such as fighting or being a smart a**. i saw too much of that from him. i like his intensity, ut he needs to control himself bc hes always getting in skirmishes

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read