Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2008   #81
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster Cuts/Moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I would be both suprised and rather miffed if they don't have a QB on the practice squad. History shows us we we should.
With two more P/S spots open, I suspect one will be filled by a QB.
Maybe Brinks has his cellphone turned off
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #82
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

Shocked Brink is not there, does Boyd still have practice squad eligibility? I'm guessing not.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #83
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

No Charles Spencer?
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #84
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 201352 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
With two more P/S spots open, I suspect one will be filled by a QB.
Maybe Brinks has his cellphone turned off
There's only one more spot available.........and let's not forget that the PS can be fluid over the next week......and possibly beyond.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #85
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm certain they'll have a QB on the practice squad, at least I hope so. To NOT do so is to ignore history. I don't think the Texans management is that stupid.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #86
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm certain they'll have a QB on the practice squad, at least I hope so. To NOT do so is to ignore history. I don't think the Texans management is that stupid.
Just to have another arm at practice is reason enough.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #87
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
There's only one more spot available.........and let's not forget that the PS can be fluid over the next week......and possibly beyond.
you're right... I mis-counted.

now what's the rule?
If you sign someone off the waiver wire, you can stick them on your P/S; but if you sign them off someone else's P/S you have to list them among your 53?
...right?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #88
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 201352 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
you're right... I mis-counted.

now what's the rule?
If you sign someone off the waiver wire, you can stick them on your P/S; but if you sign them off someone else's P/S you have to list them among your 53?
...right?
Correct.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008   #89
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

Charles Spencer would have to prove he is doing something about his weight IMO, before we would think about taking him back.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008   #90
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Rumor has it that Charles Spencer's getting a looksee from the Jags. I suppose it's to fill in for the recent tragedy.

Quote:
Free agent OL Charles Spencer is headed to Jacksonville Tuesday to take a physical for the Jacksonville Jaguars, Scout Rumor Central has confirmed.

Spencer, who was selected in the third round of the 2006 draft by the Houston Texans, will sign a contract with Jacksonville as long as he passes the team physical and likely will be placed on the practice squad.

Spencer, if he passes the physical, could be added to the active roster before Sunday's game against the Tennessee Titans in lieu of the situation with backup OT Richard Collier who was shot and critically wounded Tuesday evening.
http://jac.scout.com/a.z?s=119&p=9&c...=3661751&fhn=1
Old 09-02-2008   #91
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

After last year, I find it have to believe they are going without keeping a third QB. At least on the practice squad you'd think they would have one. Kubes and company have more faith in Schaub staying upright than I do.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008   #92
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it just me, or does anyone else love that we were able to keep ahold of LB Coley? I think this guy's got potential to play in the NFL eventually.

Old 09-03-2008   #93
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else love that we were able to keep ahold of LB Coley? I think this guy's got potential to play in the NFL eventually.

After the training camp he had I was shocked when they cut him.
Old 09-03-2008   #94
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
After the training camp he had I was shocked when they cut him.
Yeah, me too. Especially with Thompson and Adibi sidelined. Hopefully he'll stick around and be groomed like Diles was last season. Heck if those two don't get right, we might see Coley sooner rather than later.

Old 09-03-2008   #95
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

It's not just you.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read