Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 08-31-2008   #41
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 10634 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Texans Talk Pickem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
It's not a fantasy football league, so there will be no draft. You try to pick the winners in all NFL games played during that particular week.

Thanks for signing up and looks like we are filled up at 25! I can add 5 extra spots if I need to but the deadline is Tuesday.
Count me in for one of those 5 spots
Giant Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #42
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Pickem

me too..It is like golf right? lowest score and I win LOL
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #43
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 73923 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

It say league is full. If you add some more spots, I'll play.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #44
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was thinking we could get a second league going. I'm in the first one but my wife is talking about "helping" me. She could get in that one and pick the damn Niners every week like she always does for all I care...lol.

Even with duplicate members, if they are anything like me would have one team pick a little more daring than the other, etc..etc.

Thoughts?
Old 09-01-2008   #45
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 73923 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I was thinking we could get a second league going. I'm in the first one but my wife is talking about "helping" me. She could get in that one and pick the damn Niners every week like she always does for all I care...lol.

Even with duplicate members, if they are anything like me would have one team pick a little more daring than the other, etc..etc.

Thoughts?
sounds good

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008   #46
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
Count me in for one of those 5 spots
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
me too..It is like golf right? lowest score and I win LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
It say league is full. If you add some more spots, I'll play.
I have added the extra 5 spots.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008   #47
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 612 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

What are "confidence points?"
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008   #48
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
What are "confidence points?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahoo
Confidence Points are used to give a different weight to each game in a given week. You'll assign a point value (from 1 to 15 if there are 15 games, 1 to 14 if there are 14 games, etc.) to each game based on how strongly you feel about the accuracy of your selection. If your selection is correct, you'll receive points equal to the confidence-point value you associated with that game.

So, if you pick Pittsburgh to beat Dallas and assign the game a confidence point value of 15, you'd get 15 points for a correct pick, but no points if Dallas wins. You don't lose points for an incorrect selection.

Each week's points will be tallied, and the player finishing with the highest total at the end of the year will be the winner of the group.

Each confidence point value may be used only once per week. So, during a 15-game week, after you have assigned 15 points to a game, your next highest available value is 14 points.
We have 3 spots left to make it to 30.

Old 09-01-2008   #49
Brando
Site Contributor

Quote:

Thoughts?
Is she "alexismylove"?

2 spots are available for those interested......

Old 09-01-2008   #50
Brando
Site Contributor

bump......

Yahoo! Pro Pickem
Group #36719

password: defenseplease

LINK

2 spots are left....

Old 09-01-2008   #51
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 10634 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Texans Talk Pickem

Quote:
I have added the extra 5 spots.
Thanks, just got in
Giant Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008   #52
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is she "alexismylove"?
What? You Alex? Wait a minute. You been calling and hanging up?

No. For now her and I both will be Showtime so if you see the damn Niners get picked every week by me you know she must have the goods on me and I was blackmailed into it.
Old 09-01-2008   #53
Brando
Site Contributor

So who is "alexismylove"?

Old 09-01-2008   #54
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No. For now her and I both will be Showtime so if you see the damn Niners get picked every week by me you know she must have the goods on me and I was blackmailed into it.
Well I was playing to give all my confidence points to the team playing against the 49ers every week as my sure fire winning recipe.

Ditto for the Falcons.

When both those teams finish 0-16 I'll be hanging the texanstalk pickem championship banner.
Old 09-02-2008   #55
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 612 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Alexismylove is a very fiesty 17 yr old girl who thinks shes going to kick all of our behinds. Thats her football game pickin' name.

Her strategy is to pick Eli & Peyton every week and guess on the others. She does pretty good considering all she knows is "the Manning boys are hot and Tom Brady and David Carr are ugly."

Alex refers to the singer of some band. Atreyu (sp?) is who I think he is from.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008   #56
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Is there any way to see our records from last year's picks?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008   #57
Brando
Site Contributor

Quote:

lol, I thought since she was a 49ers fan she might be a Alex Smith fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
Alexismylove is a very fiesty 17 yr old girl who thinks shes going to kick all of our behinds. Thats her football game pickin' name.

Her strategy is to pick Eli & Peyton every week and guess on the others. She does pretty good considering all she knows is "the Manning boys are hot and Tom Brady and David Carr are ugly."

Alex refers to the singer of some band. Atreyu (sp?) is who I think he is from.

Cool, Atreyu is the name of the band that does the song Becoming the Bull.
Tell her Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Is there any way to see our records from last year's picks?
If you use the same email from last year, I think you can.

edit: I guess not, it just shows your rank....

Pro Football Pick'em 2007
12 of 24
Texan Mojos(me)
Texans Talk

Maybe the person who started last years group can access the records?

FYI.....

I just checked and the league is full.

Last edited by Brando; 09-02-2008 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-02-2008   #58
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
sounds good
HS, I see you got in so I guess we don't need another league?? Thursday is a stone's throw away ( Sunday!). Just checking.

Did anyone get left out?
Old 09-04-2008   #59
Brando
Site Contributor

Just a reminder to get your picks in.....looks like only 3 people need to complete their picks.

Texanmike
SpaceCity Knights
TexanSam

Pickem

Old 09-04-2008   #60
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 88272 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Dang...just read the confidence points thing. I had left them blank. I guess its back to work.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read