Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2008   #121
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans presser

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post
I bet Indy signs him. (Colvin) They wanted him before, but we offered him more. He grew up and played College in Purdue (I think) too. He looked absolutely horrible this preseason, but he was transitioning to a new position and recovering from an injury. I don't expect him to do anything this year, but crazier things have happened and we know that at least one point in his career, he could play at a very high level.

'Bout dang time Indy starts signing our castoffs.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #122
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
You keep FIVE safeties? Why?
Special Teams.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #123
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
So how much did we pay Colvin for his time here this summer?
I believe that's $1,000,000.
Old 08-29-2008   #124
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
I think IR might be a little dramatic but anyone think Chris Brown might be headed for the PUP? Maybe he comes back strong or maybe we just prolong the inevitable cut.
They can't put him on PUP now. They had to put him on PUP at the beginning of the preseason and then transition him from pre-season PUP to the regular season PUP.

Their only choices are IR or cutting him.

EDIT: OR leaving him on the team.
Old 08-29-2008   #125
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
They can't put him on PUP now. They had to put him on PUP at the beginning of the preseason and then transition him from pre-season PUP to the regular season PUP.

Their only choices are IR or cutting him.

EDIT: OR leaving him on the team.
The delay may be from working out an injury settlement. They had an MRI done a couple of days ago and have been/are reviewing it, which sounds to me like they are trying to determine the extent of the problem.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #126
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Cap wise, it doesn't matter....
can you bring me up to speed - is that because he was cut before the regular season?
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #127
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
aj! are you on the radio?
Yes, that was me.

They kept talking about the Texans keeping "10" offensive linemen. Kubiak made mention of them being heavy at OL during the presser and knowing they kept Washburn (which makes it 11 for another day or two at least) I thought I'd call and make the point about the 11 OLs including 6 that can play tackle.

By that point in the show, they had gone through all the positions and hadn't mentioned Washburn and the roster spot he will occupy until (I'm guessing) that they are fully convinced that Butler's shoulder checks out okay (and hopefully there's nothing going on with Salaam)... and I thought that was noteworthy and getting lost in the Maddox/Colvin reaction.

Colvin's impact capwise is minimal. He had $1 million of his base guaranteed over for '08 and '09 and that's all that has to be dealt with. He also had a roster bonus in there but I'm guessing that was contingent on him making the team - so that would be a non effect capwise. Since he's a post June 1 cut, I'd assume they can split his dead money over this year and next at $500k per year.

Last edited by aj.; 08-30-2008 at 06:55 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #128
Dancerdog
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVP

Maybe I'm being a little sentimental, but I'm glad to see N.D. Kalu make the cut. He does have one heck of a work ethic and has been a decent player for us. I was surprised by the Maddox cut, but I'm happy to see Okam make the team. Now it's time for him to get his motor running. I'm excited to see who we sign to the practice squad. Pittsburgh is next up. I'm ready to see what we can really do in some actual games that count. C'mon Texans. We're hoping for great things this season.
Dancerdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read