Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-21-2008   #21
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Funny excuse from VY fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Wish I could quit you... "You must spread.... yada yada yada"
Hmm, you must spread, yet you wish you could quit....I just don't understand some of you guys !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #22
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 103984 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wish I could rep. you... "You must spread.... yada yada yada"
same here
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #23
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Hmm, you must spread, yet you wish you could quit....I just don't understand some of you guys !!
Hobie..... You're projecting again. You should just admit what we all know to be true anyway...
Old 08-21-2008   #24
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hobie..... You're projecting again. You should just admit what we all know to be true anyway...
Ok,Ok, I admit, I DO understand you guys, and that even though you enjoy an occasional sausage, I am ok with that and am your friend regardless...He that let a sausage come between 2 friends is someone who does not value friendship !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #25
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought the deal with the Titans WR core was that they didn't want prototype guys. I don't remember when and where, but I read that TEN wanted to surround VY with WRs just as unorthodox as he is. The thinking being that if you have a WR running precise routes and being open at the right time, VY isn't going to get the ball to him anyway. TEN wants WRs who can break off their route and scramble around to get open. Street football if you will. They know VY isn't going to drop back 7 steps, step up, find the open guy, and deliver an on time, accurate pass. That's not his game. There is a reason TEN hasn't gone after top flight WRs. People waiting for VY to get help at WR, don't hold your breath.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #26
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
I thought the deal with the Titans WR core was that they didn't want prototype guys. I don't remember when and where, but I read that TEN wanted to surround VY with WRs just as unorthodox as he is. The thinking being that if you have a WR running precise routes and being open at the right time, VY isn't going to get the ball to him anyway. TEN wants WRs who can break off their route and scramble around to get open. Street football if you will. They know VY isn't going to drop back 7 steps, step up, find the open guy, and deliver an on time, accurate pass. That's not his game. There is a reason TEN hasn't gone after top flight WRs. People waiting for VY to get help at WR, don't hold your breath.
Instead of Xs and Os the Titans playbook now contains bottle caps and sticks and is drawn in the dirt. Also terms like "fly" and "post" and "drag" have been replaced with "run towards the yellow Impala."
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #27
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Ok,Ok, I admit, I DO understand you guys, and that even though you enjoy an occasional sausage, I am ok with that and am your friend regardless...He that let a sausage come between 2 friends is someone who does not value friendship !!
*Hobie exits and heads towards Montrose for some *
Old 08-21-2008   #28
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The play of that game was a play not made........ by Dunta on Williams.
I actually remember that big play now and you're right it was against Dunta. I thought he had fairly good coverage and it was just a great throw and great catch.

Quote:
Maybe it could be that they don't want to spend money on receivers when they're not sure or know that their QB can't get the ball to them. What would probably help them and vincent though - is getting a tall athletic guy who can catch those jump balls like Sweed did for Young at Texas...
I think that's a great thought. It could easily go both ways there. I was surprised (as is everyone) that they didn't get that tall athletic WR, but I'm starting to understand... they want to run the ball more than ever.

Quote:
For those that missed the point of my post it is this...

The receivers that Collins had were the same receivers that VY had. Collins was able to move the ball in the air and VY was not.. Period.
That's the thing though is that VY has had several great games with similar stats. Hell he threw for 300 yds against Denver last year and like 250 yds against us all with the same receivers.

Bottom line if VY/KC had better receivers.. their stats would go up. Likewise, if those receivers had better QB's... their stats would probably go up too

Quote:
Wish I could rep. you... "You must spread.... yada yada yada"
That was funny as hell... perfect analogy. Rep'd him.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #29
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 103984 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Instead of Xs and Os the Titans playbook now contains bottle caps and sticks and is drawn in the dirt. Also terms like "fly" and "post" and "drag" have been replaced with "run towards the yellow Impala."
no pun intended right LOL
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #30
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I'm not trying to make excuses for him whatsoever. But I'd love to hear you argue that the Titans wideouts are good. Where would you rank them relative to the other nfl teams? I think we can all agree they COULD use an upgrade.
I agree that they could use an upgrade at WR (that goes for a lot of teams, though), but, I can't blame VY being mediocre QB because of them. The receivers still need someone who can consistently get the ball to them.

Stats only tell part of the story, but we can use them to illustrate certain points.

Take the top three reception players with the Titans in 2007:

Justin Gage - 55 for 750
Roydell Williams - 55 for 719
Bo Scaife - 46 for 421

That's 156 catches for 1,890 yards.

Then look at the top three reception players with another AFC South playoff team in 2007:

Jaguars (won 1 playoff game)
Ernest Wilford - 45 for 518
Dennis Northcutt - 44 for 601
Maurice Jones-Drew - 40 for 407

Total = 129 catches for 1,526 yards

The Jags had less catches and less yards, yet they still won a playoff game. These teams split their series last season, as well.

Is David Garrard a better or worse QB than VY? He seems to have weaker WRs, but he still makes the best of it. Both teams have solid running games and good defenses. But honestly, I don't hear that Garrard is a mediocre QB because of his WRs. He's actually considered a good up-and-coming QB who has a lot of potential.

JMO
Old 08-21-2008   #31
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting analysis. It's interesting how similar the Titans and Jags are. Both running teams with good defenses. Colts obviously are a passing team and it seems the Texans are really going to be a passing team too.

I guess it goes with the theory that teams often draft or try and build a superunit. Instead of being decent all around, build up a unit to be really good (ie what we're trying to do on the DL, the Titans with their RB's, Saints had a great passing game in '06 yet still drafted a WR in the 1st rd, etc.) Build a big strength to your team instead of have decent players at a lot of different positions.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #32
Dekka
Rookie

Quote:
...The receivers that Collins had were the same receivers that VY had. Collins was able to move the ball in the air and VY was not.. Period.
What kind of point is that? I doubt the brass over on the rednecks' favorite team is giving two sh*ts about Collins vs. Young and weighing how either performed against us. It's a non-point. Vince could have come out, dropped his drawers and taken a crap on the 50-yard line and Collins could've thrown for 600 yards with 11 TDs and it still wouldn't matter. How anyone performs against us isn't going to dictate a darn thing on any given Sunday.

Since Collins came over to the Titans I believe Young has a higher completion average and better overall numbers. I could be wrong, but either way, Collins is a non-issue.

Martin, now, that's a different story. The fans over there know the least about him - which makes him a hot Monday morning quarterback commodity.
Dekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #33
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
What kind of point is that? I doubt the brass over on the rednecks' favorite team is giving two sh*ts about Collins vs. Young and weighing how either performed against us. It's a non-point. Vince could have come out, dropped his drawers and taken a crap on the 50-yard line and Collins could've thrown for 600 yards with 11 TDs and it still wouldn't matter. How anyone performs against us isn't going to dictate a darn thing on any given Sunday.

Since Collins came over to the Titans I believe Young has a higher completion average and better overall numbers. I could be wrong, but either way, Collins is a non-issue.

Martin, now, that's a different story. The fans over there know the least about him - which makes him a hot Monday morning quarterback commodity.
Slow down Jr and lets explain it to you real simple like. vy apologist blame everyone (including the WR) around him for his poor performance last year. So saying Collins did real well given the oppertunity with the same WR he performed better than sausage boy. It really is, just that simple.

Last edited by Specnatz; 08-23-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #34
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet when we revisit this conversation in about a year or two it will be absolutely hilarious.
Old 08-29-2008   #35
Dekka
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
So saying Collins did real well given the oppertunity with the same WR he performed better than sausage boy. It really is, just that simple.
How do Collins's numbers compare to Young's over the course of last season? It really is just that simple.
Dekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #36
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
How do Collins's numbers compare to Young's over the course of last season? It really is just that simple.
17 int 9 td

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read