Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2008   #101
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans presser

I can almost guarantee you that Colvin gets picked up by the Browns, Phins, or Cowboys
Old 08-29-2008   #102
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it just me or was it a surprise Harrison made it at safety. I thought he was a cut according to many.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 08-29-2008 at 05:11 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #103
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I can almost guarantee you that Colvin gets picked up by the Browns, Phins, or Cowboys
And can you tell us if he will suck any less for one of them than he did for us?
Old 08-29-2008   #104
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
So Studdard stays?
Nice to have friends in HIGH places!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #105
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOrange View Post
Maddox has too much experience to be on the practice squad. He will be playing somewhere else this season.

Zgonina didn't get cut??
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
From HT.com

NAME----------POS.---HT.---WT.---COLLEGE
Jon Abbate......FB.....5-11...245...Wake Forest
Shane Boyd......QB......6-1...232...Kentucky
Alex Brink......QB......6-2...208...Washington St.
Kevis Coley.....LB......6-1...228...Southern Miss.
Rosevelt Colvin DE......6-3...250...Purdue
Glenn Earl.......S......6-1...215...Notre Dame
Greg Eslinger....C......6-3...292...Minnesota
Jamar Fletcher..CB.....5-10...180...Wisconsin
Darnell Jenkins WR.....5-10...188...Miami (Fla.)
Ryan Krause.....TE......6-3...244...Neb. - Omaha
Gabe Long.......DT......6-3...290...Utah
Anthony Maddox..DT......6-1...305...Delta St.
LeRon McCoy.....WR......6-1...219...Indiana (Pa.)
Ben Moffitt.....LB......6-2...245...South Florida
Jesse Nading....DE......6-5...258...Colorado St.
DerrickRoberson CB.....5-10...185...Rutgers
Marcel Shipp....RB.....5-11...224...Massachusetts
Mark Simmons....WR.....5-10...187...Kansas
Torrin Tucker....T......6-6...315...Southern Miss.
Darius Walker...RB.....5-11...205...Notre Dame
Dexter Wynn.....CB......5-9...175...Colorado St.
I thought they were going to keep Coley over Zgonia for sure . I am shocked on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
NOOOOOOOO!!

It's the perfect storm: Zgoniga, Bruener, Salaam, Ferguson, Studdard, Chris Brown all make the team. And they cut Maddox and say that they went with the young guy... Now that's funny!

p.s. I know Studdard's not old, but damn he sucks!
You see Dale, Kubiak called me last night and asked all the guys you truely hated and after I told him great thanks that is who we were going to keep.
Old 08-29-2008   #106
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Nice to have friends in HIGH places!
I need me a few of those!

I do like Studdard's motor, but I think he still needs some time to develop!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #107
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by specnatz View Post
you see dale, kubiak called me last night and asked all the guys you truely hated and after i told him great thanks that is who we were going to keep.
hahahaha!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #108
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 166327 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Surprised with Bruener. But we need 3 TEs
Bruener's the best blocking TE of the bunch. Dreesen (and Zgonina too) can be used as LS in a pinch.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #109
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Bruener's the best blocking TE of the bunch. Dreesen (and Zgonina too) can be used as LS in a pinch.
Sure, but why not just go tackle elibible... I'm pretty sure that Butler, Frye, and probably even Salaam are quicker, more agile, and all except for Salaam are better blockers.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #110
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is a link to the revised depth chart:

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/depthchart.asp
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #111
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 166327 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

aj! are you on the radio?
Old 08-29-2008   #112
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Sure, but why not just go tackle elibible... I'm pretty sure that Butler, Frye, and probably even Salaam are quicker, more agile, and all except for Salaam are better blockers.
They could. But once in a blue moon, they actually throw the ball to Bruener ...and he catches it. (that's the blue moon part)
Old 08-29-2008   #113
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 208960 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll be looking to sign bodies at running back after the 2nd or 3rd game. Mark my words.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #114
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
We'll be looking to sign bodies at running back after the 2nd or 3rd game. Mark my words.
We may be signing them before then. I'm going to be very surprised if there aren't a few of waiver wire guys brought in, which would mean guys currently on the 53 (actually 54 at the moment) man roster being cut.
Old 08-29-2008   #115
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

I think IR might be a little dramatic but anyone think Chris Brown might be headed for the PUP? Maybe he comes back strong or maybe we just prolong the inevitable cut.
Old 08-29-2008   #116
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
I think IR might be a little dramatic but anyone think Chris Brown might be headed for the PUP? Maybe he comes back strong or maybe we just prolong the inevitable cut.
I would hope if he doesn't pass muster, he get cut. There's bound to be someone on the waiver wire that brings more to the table than BadBackBrown
Old 08-29-2008   #117
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1064 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

I was surprised a Maddox getting the axe. Just doesn't make sense to keep old fart Zgonina and cut a younger DT. To me, Maddox had the best burst off the ball of all the DTs on the team. Also, the team keeps Petey Faggins for..another..year!! Don't quite understand that one, but..

On a positive note, Deljuan Robinson made the team. Think he deserved to with his play. I would have preferred to keep Colvin over Weaver, but that's not a big issue since both pretty much suck right now. Hope Kevis Coley, Mark Simmons, Leron McCoy, Nading, and Boyd get added to practice squad. Hope Chris Brown gets added to the waiver wire.
Old 08-29-2008   #118
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
Here is a link to the revised depth chart:

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/depthchart.asp
Wow, I'm so glad that we are 3 deep at long snapper.
kiwitexansfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #119
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
Okam hasn't shown me enough to want to cut maddox over him. Maddox may have some age on him but he doesn't have much wear. He wasn't a starter but had the ability to do so.
Many of these moves are in anticipation that the younger player has room to get better. Probably more of a question if Maddox or Zgoninia would be better in the short term.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #120
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
How would it?

He looked horrid, and after his preseason he is not likely to get another shot somewhere.
I bet Indy signs him. (Colvin) They wanted him before, but we offered him more. He grew up and played College in Purdue (I think) too. He looked absolutely horrible this preseason, but he was transitioning to a new position and recovering from an injury. I don't expect him to do anything this year, but crazier things have happened and we know that at least one point in his career, he could play at a very high level.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read