Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2008   #21
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Love me some FAGGINS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I'm curious if Reeves was a guy this defensive staff targeted or if it was a Rick Smith call.
Mr. Desperation paid their minds a visit, thus we have Reeves.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #22
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I'm pretty sure it was Richard Smith...

Afterall...He is the devil...
Oh please, do you really think that they went after this guy but didn't ask Smith if he wanted him, and then gave him a small suitcase full of money in spite of and over Dick's loud objections?

I know you're milking the "Everyone else is on a Richard Smith witch hunt" angle but it doesn't fit here. If Reeves wasn't signed with input from our DC then we have much bigger problems than just bad coaching or a lack of talented players.

Every defender currently starting aside from TJ, Greenwood, and CC Brown (Dunta when he returns) has been brought in by this regime to play in this defense, including Reeves (aka "The Human Target"). If he sucks like he never left Dallas then how do you address that? Who do you blame or question over that?
Old 08-29-2008   #23
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Oh please, do you really think that they went after this guy but didn't ask Smith if he wanted him, and then gave him a small suitcase full of money in spite of and over Dick's loud objections?

I know you're milking the "Everyone else is on a Richard Smith witch hunt" angle but it doesn't fit here. If Reeves wasn't signed with input from our DC then we have much bigger problems than just bad coaching or a lack of talented players.
Actually...

I am very much aware that he probably, maybe, signed off on the signing...

I just think it's hilarious when a guy is brought in and he works out "Rick Smith is a genious", but when they grab a guy that doesn't work out "Richard Smith needs to do a better job building the roster"....Wha ?

Last edited by Polo; 08-29-2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old 08-29-2008   #24
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 282867 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Actually...

I just think it's hilarious when a guy is brought in and he works out "Rick Smith is a genious", but when they grab a guy that doesn't work out "Richard Smith needs to do a better job building the roster"....
It's a question of expectations. When Rick Smith brings in guys like Earl Cochran and Anthony Maddox, and they contribute in any meaningful way, then that's a great job. Not much was expected from those guys, and there probably wasn't as much of a round table style discussion going on - certainly not to the extent that you have when you commit millions to a free agent. When the no-name guys come in and fail, they quietly get cut and shown the door. Rick Smith can get away with a lot more of those. When Jacques Reeves fails, Rick Smith will catch his share of the blame as well, and he won't get away with very many of those before he pays with his job. However, the main part of his job in that arena is to find guys that fit the Texans' system. He gets that feedback from the coaches, one of whom is Richard Smith.

The question that fans are trying to figure out is, "How much of this is talent, because we know there's a deficiency there, and how much is Smith?"

Every defense in the NFL has its ordinary and subpar guys. D-coordinators have to scheme for those guys and overcome. Do you really think Smith is doing the best possible job with the limited talent he has?
Old 08-29-2008   #25
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Faggins seems very average to me; capable of big time play once in awhile but for the most part quite average!

It won't matter if they don't get a pass rush though...
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #26
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
He'll be here. Faggins has always gotten too much hatred around here....he had a fine game last night and he was pretty physical to boot. He's a fine nickel corner but he isn't as good a cb1 or cb2...but that's ok. Every team could use a good nickel back.
What he said.

Petey was doing something last night never before associated with him--laying wood.
Old 08-29-2008   #27
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

"I Love me some FAGGINS!" as a thread title.....who'd ever thunk it?
Old 08-29-2008   #28
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 08-29-2008   #29
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually...

I just think it's hilarious when a guy is brought in and he works out "Rick Smith is a genious", but when they grab a guy that doesn't work out "Richard Smith needs to do a better job building the roster"....Wha ?
Granted. At some point either Rick Smith is a genius or Rick Smith is merely mortal. I'm thinking he looks pretty human from where we're sitting right now with all of his aquisitions.
Old 08-29-2008   #30
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Granted. At some point either Rick Smith is a genius or Rick Smith is merely mortal. I'm thinking he looks pretty human from where we're sitting right now with all of his aquisitions.
He may not be perfect, but he's better than what we had.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #31
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Whoa there buddy.. I think Rick was like the rest of us. After watching Petey all last season he could only surmise that no one could be as bad as Petey; not eve Matt Stevens. PBurnt thought Petey sucked last year. Weaver thought Petey was robbing the Texans blind last year.

So to blame Rick on this one is just not true. It was more like my house is full of crap, the cowgirls got how many probowl choke artist and they hate this guy? Let me sign him to a fat contract that after the seconed year I can cut him and he has not earned jack.
Rick obviously didn't watch many Cowgirl games, or hear any Cowgirl fans talking about Reeves. They both suck...Faggins just sucks less.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #32
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

And yet somehow Faggins slips away from the grasp of the fans who were doing everything they could to keep him off the field.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #33
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Vince Young loved him some faggins.

Then he realized we were talking about the Houston Texans CB and retracted his statement.
Old 08-29-2008   #34
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
When Jacques Reeves fails, Rick Smith will catch his share of the blame as well, and he won't get away with very many of those before he pays with his job.
If Jaque Reeves fails fans will be mostly dissapointed because of the contract he was given...

Every other GM in the leauge takes heat for signing players that don't live up to the contract...

Rick Smith is no different....

Rick Smith has the final say so ultimately it lies on his shoulders when a FA does not perform to a contract...

Not saying Richard Smith is blame free at all...just saying that the emphasis put on his role with the make up of the roster is oft times exaggerated...IMHO...

When Faggins is playing like one of your better corners I'm guessing it says something about the make-up of the roster...

Last edited by Polo; 08-29-2008 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-29-2008   #35
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
He'll be here. Faggins has always gotten too much hatred around here....he had a fine game last night and he was pretty physical to boot. He's a fine nickel corner but he isn't as good a cb1 or cb2...but that's ok. Every team could use a good nickel back.
Yep, it's like trying to put lipstick on a pig...

The man is an "acceptable" Nickel / Dime CB - he should NEVER be confused w/ CB1 / CB2 options unless injuries force you to no other alternative.

Petey is a nice guy who has gotten "exposed" by poor schemes and inadequate play around him as well. I expect that fully 1/2 the hatred many express towards him would never have occurred if we had a 1st-Rd. quality FS.
Old 08-29-2008   #36
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
That kid in the bottom right hand corner is one handsome devil.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read